No. 68 (2002)

Year of Launch2002

HouseGuerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About No. 68

Named after Guerlain's boutique at 68, avenue des Champs-Elysées.

Relaunched in 2006 as part of the Maison collection.

No. 68 fragrance notes

Reviews of No. 68

I came across this quite by accident, but have to say that it was a pleasant surprise.
After the very first spray, it came across as clean but slightly heavy in spicy tones. After a short while it became increasingly fragrant but in a more light and powdery way, which although intoxicating, is beautifully understated in a masculine musk.
I have to say that although this is not a well known fragrance, wherever and whenever I wear it, I receive compliments.
If you like a clean, light and subtle fragrance.....this is the one......it offers a warm spice in winter and yet a subtle clean smell in the warmer weather.
07th November, 2011
This review is for Cologne du 68.

As Odysseum said in his review, there is a LOT going on here. It's like a spicy-anisic-woody-vanilla-floral-citrus kinda concoction, that dries down within a few hours to a pleasant, rich vanilla and amber base. I really don't care what's in it anymore, because it just smells plain good and lasts a decent amount of time. Also totally unisex, beyond gender.
24th March, 2011
I'm underwhelmed. Some might say this is a complex scent, a friend described it as "busy" and I agree with that assessment. There's so much going on here that it doesn't make a strong impression. Spicy, buttery, floral, nutty... very very minty at times. Distinct notes of carnation and tuberose flit in and out. Often it is cool in tone due to the mint. Vanilla and sandalwood in the dry-down. A hodge-podge, doesn't particularly appeal to me.
20th January, 2011
At last, a cologne that I really enjoy ! To me, Vol de Nuit addict, it smells quite familiar.
Very pleasant for a man too (my husband for instance, who found it in a boutique Guerlain).
23rd September, 2010
I bought my bottle of Cologne du 68 unsniffed, but desperate to find at least one Guerlain to love besides Bois d'Armenie. I ripped open the box, spritzed it on, and was immediately intoxicated! Lovely citrusy opening with slightly herby freshness - and then, a few minutes in I started to get this heavenly slightly powdery lavendar and gourmand touches - which reminds me a whole heck of a lot of the wonderful Vero Profumo Kiki. This is a good thing, because I adore Kiki, but find it a bit much in parfum strength and very far out of my price range. This is like the wearable fashions for a couture piece - it is Kiki to me, but in a much more user friendly approach, comfortable for every day wear but beautiful enough to make a lovely impression. The sillage is wonderful on this, but not cloying, and the lasting power is going strong at 4 hours right now and still lovely. As it dries down, I really get the guerlinade drydown - it's definitely my kind of scent!
10th April, 2010
My only regret is that I did not get the huge bottle (I got the 100ml). I can see the juice being used up every day, and it just breaks my heart. I got this after I attended a perfume class by Sylvaine Delacourte. She said Cologne du 68 was an homage to Corsica, and unlike most colognes which lean toward "cool" facets like citrus, she wanted to balance it out with a "warm" scent, the immortelle flower. I have never been to Corsica, but wearing this does transports me to another place, with warm sunshine, with green leaves, spices, flowers bursting with life.
23rd May, 2009

Add your review of No. 68

Shop for No. 68 products online

Shop for No. 68 at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for No. 68

Member images of No. 68

There are no member images of No. 68 yet. Why not be the first?