L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (2004)
by Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme information

Year of Launch2004

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerBéatrice Piquet
Creative DirectorSylvaine Delacourte
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Béatrice Piquet

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme

Originally I didn't like it. To me it smell like old people wear. With strong cacao and patchouli notes. But now I think it is one of the most sophisticated smelling parfum. Equal to any niche.
09th May, 2017
This has a quiet austerity to it. It's mature, but comes off very well made and quite beautiful.

I typically detest gourmand fragrances, but this one is my exception.

The individual notes are detectable for me. The best thing I can say about LIDG is that it's a fragrance that teaches you about fragrance. It has layers, they're all there. The longevity and projection are well above satisfactory.

10.
07th May, 2017
A nice scent that has a refinement to it that makes me only want to wear for more formal events. The cocoa is the main note that stands out to me, but it comes off as a smooth, powdery choco/vanilla. Citrus is just present in the beginning, provides a bit of freshness. After that, it's all smooth, refined cocoa with some patchouli and florals.

It seems to dip its foot into both a mature man's scent and also a modern scent for much younger but still refined guy. An interesting personality on LIDG for sure.

Performance is excellent, not beastly.
10th March, 2017
Simply the best eau de toillete available...its refreshing yet dirty ..its annoying yet captivating..its edible yet poisonous ..be assured ...every lady I've come across has gone a bit strange over this.
28th January, 2017 (last edited: 22nd June, 2017)
xiuxia Show all reviews
Blind buy online and I got the 125 ml for a good price. I had been reading about this scent for a while now and it always seemed like it would be up my alley. The only other Guerlain frag I have is Shalimar and I'm a man. I bought that one because people here enjoyed it so much. I do like powdery fragrances and gourmands so I suspected LIDG would work for me.

My first impression was the anise and I got something green and floral. It seemed too feminine and the opening was sharp. My second impression was how well blended it is and how elegant the scent is. Everyone talks about how it would be for formal occasions or cold weather and I think you'd want to classify it that way because it exudes a certain level of sophistication.

I don't like anise and that set me back, I was a little disappointed, but after about one minute the sharp top note receded and I picked up some of the citrus and not necessarily cocoa, but the gourmand accord. I detect the Guerlainade and also the lavender slightly. At that point the scent became crack to me. My skin is quite oily and projects powerfully and compared to the paper I sprayed it on it mixed beautifully with my current chemistry.

A little longer and it opened up more like a fine wine. I caught some musk and other things in the background, almost undetectable. The blending is gorgeous and refined. This is a great scent and I didn't mind as it moved towards the powdery point.

Great blind buy, worth every penny. I'll wear it to work and out. I'll update this review as I continue to wear it this month. I'm so stoked on it I haven't even whiffed my Terre D'hermes, which I also got in the mail, or my Pure Malt.
21st January, 2017
LIDG, as it’s affectionately abbreviated, is notable for a few reasons. First, it owes a heavy influence to Pierre Cardin’s (for men) clever use of lemony citrus buttressed against a mossy and sweet vanilla base. Secondly, it paved a way for Guerlain’s masculine fragrances, bringing the stodgy brand to the modern man. Grandpa can have his Heritage & Habit Rouge but Junior can have LIDG!

LIDG start out with a soft and bright citrus accord, smelling like a grove of lemon trees. The Star Anise joins the lemons, bringing to it a touch of spice so that the lemon doesn’t get bored. I’m hard pressed to smell any the listed floral notes as the Guerlainade (warm cocoa, vanilla & patchouli) takes over. If there ever was a classic plush accord, then this is it.

LIDG is not only one the best men’s scents from Guerlain, it also stands up as one of the best in the genre.

25th August, 2016