L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (2004)
    by Guerlain

Average Rating: 4

Based on 792 ratings

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme information

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme is a men's fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2004

Shop for L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme products online

Reviews of L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 152 reviews.

tbditl's avatar

Sharp, bright, citrusy, yet anisey. I love this scent. It's truly one of my favorites yet it doesn't jive with my body chemistry. It has no longevity on me whatsoever. I have purchased a sample of the extreme and lasts longer but doesn't smell as good as this fragrance. It's Guerlain tying the old world to the new. Ideal for the 30's crowd.

27 June, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

Spicy woods, green notes, and a touch of sweet citrus dominate the opening of L'Instant pour Homme, with a warm, nutty heart accord developing in their wake. Spices - particularly nutmeg - and woods remain central to L'Instant's structure, and are bolstered by touches of powdery amber and vanilla. The olfactory texture is smooth and buttery throughout, which makes L'Instant feel oddly reassuring to wear.

L'Instant could easily have slipped into the overcrowded realm of crass vanilla gourmand scents for men, but there is absolutely nothing crude about this fragrance. The balance between woods, spices, and vanilla is so perfectly judged that L'Instant appears to float effortlessly outside of traditional genre boundaries.

My only reservation regarding L'Instant is that the drydown is too powdery for my taste. This is a matter of personal preference, though, and if you're comfortable with sweet powdery accords it probably won't put you off.

19 June, 2014

Karesz's avatar

Hungary Hungary

Never a fragrance wasn’t so close to express my personality than this one. It would become my signature scent if there wasn’t a tiny missing thing.
    The opening, the first five minutes are absolutely flawless! At this stage the citruses are so balanced and comforting to my nose that I feel complemented. This sweet citrus cloud is lingering around me until the anise starts piercing through the bright layers. From that moment the fragrance is overdiven by the star anise for me, although I enjoy every moment of the ride. Beautiful cacao appears , soft woods play and put me in an elegant and sophisticated mood.
    I managed to get hold of a sample of the other versions, d’un Eté and Cristaux d’Agrumes. D’un Eté instantly fell out as being too light and floral compared to the original. The „citrus cristals” version would be a good alternative for lighter weather . Here I can get the extra dose of citrus what fades away too early int he original edt. Still the more citrusy-especially grapefruit- notes faded away sooner than I expected from a citrus dominated version. The drydown was a lighter but also too anise ruled scent.
    I gave a try to the parfume version too. In a nutshell it was heavy, too oily and therefore the whole experience was not enjoyable. I came to a conclusion that nothing can beat the original eau de toilette version.
    This fragrance is in my top three and it will always be part of my collection. This is the only fragrance what when wearing even men asked me what it was, because it smells so nice.
    Because of it’s oriental nature I can only wear and enjoy this fragrance from the autumn until spring time. Also doesn’t suit every occassions, it’s way too sophisticated and well balanced for an every day use.
    The bottle looks nice, stands out amongst the other fragrances. The price is fair for the overall experience. Thank you Guerlain!

07 June, 2014

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

A great fragrance and spring and summer version of LIDGE!
    The opening of this fragrance is semi fresh with grapefruit and lemon combo (mostly grapefruit) and lots of spice and some woods and coco. when I say coco I mean something like coco powder not chocolate! but it's not powdery there is some sweetness in the opening too, but just a bit!
    The spice at the start is a little too much but settle down very quick. the spice is from star anise which is really unique and strange! the opening is something like this :
    Star Anise 30% + grapefruit 20 + woodsy note 20% + lemon 10% + coco 10% + sweetness 10%
    After about 5-10 minutes, the spicy anise settle down and woodsy note which is sandalwood become stronger with hint of floral notes in the background and beautiful coco mixing with all the notes.
    The dry down is very pleasant and every note matched really well with other notes. a great scent that balanced very well.
    The projection and longevity is above average.
    Not as great as LIDGE but great quality and really well balanced. I like it so much.

22 May, 2014

2nosedtwin's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme
    Not very Guerlain-like but what a marvelous masculine this is. Refined, sleek, elegant, detailed, focused and multi-faceted, this perfume has the intensity of the encounter of someone you meet for the first time, realizing that you know that person already, and belongs in your life. That moment of recognition and joy that makes life lighter and brighter. The first whiff of L'Instant shows instantly what it has in store; the follow-up is a beautiful declaration of what it has to offer, highlighting its most intimate scent-secrets with the zoom-in of a microscope.
    This is such an expressive perfume, it shows so much that its difficult to pin all of its notes down. Fresh black pepper, cumin, the spiciness of cedarwood with a hint of lavender, bergamot and greeny petit-grain, the rye- and gingerbread-note, sticky salty licorice, ylang-ylang with a rose-accent and a sandalwood feat. vanillia-impression. Its like a scent-carrousel that’s being turned, you never know what’s floating by and hits your nose.... No solid, steady accords- I have the feeling of flying on a magic carpet through this perfume. The salty licorice-note is a theme and stays till deep in its dry-out. L’instant has a very rich and a solid, but airy structure, and the notes in here feel really connected with eachother. It also builds up a lot of analogue, natural-felt warmth that gets really hot on my skin- like a combination of chilipeper and hot iron. There is a clove-note suddenly, then grounded coffee and a caramel/candid-note, that smells gourmand-like. This stays present in its dryout that’s being lined up with an oily-leathery and tobacco-note, the salty licorice as a binding factor and an iris-oakmoss combo dipped in a sandelwood-vanillia sauce, that carries it. While this fades out with a slight dry-spicy and resinous-tone, it’s a very little bit too powdery-soapy for me. But honestly, this feels like a perfect scent, made with great craftsmanship, passion and a lot of magic. Even by trying to smell through this, trying to figure out how and what makes this perfume so good, it doesn’t let me... I can only get absorbed by it, letting me enjoy its beauty and very friendly nature- its doesn’t ask, it just gives.
    This is a marvelous scent, that needs to be cherished and hugged- the same thing that it does to its wearer. A future classic, made with high-class materials and very Guerlain-worthy.

02 May, 2014 (Last Edited: 04 May, 2014)

tempest moon's avatar

First time I smelled this... I didn't get it so much. I didn't warm up to it. Even though I love Guerlain very much. But I will say that L'Instant pour Homme is definitely an interesting one. There is a lot going on and it does smell extremely nice.

Describing this one is interesting... It is supposedly inspired by the food of North Africa and the Middle East, with the honeyed, caramel chocolate and the strong anise liqueur vibe, hibiscus flower, and strong tea aroma. It is definitely interesting. As always I do love the 'Guerlainade' (Guerlain's signature) dry-down of Rose, Jasmine, Orris Root, Tonka Bean and resin. It's still somewhat appealing and I certainly give them credit for it.

However, again I must say that the first time I smelt it I thought it was a little generic, and the notes didn't really sit well with me, kind of like a clash between cocoa and citrus. Strange as this may sound, I was also instantly reminded of Coca-Cola (I'm not sure if I'm the only one who has this impression). Even now I still don't love it all that much.

But, I will admit that I completely respect the quality here and I love what the late Béatrice Piquet has done here (it won an international award after all!). I read that she tried to evoke an impression of 'cold light' or 'luminescence', and I totally get that from the combination of bright citrus and the creamy sandalwood/cocoa. I do both appreciate and understand the concept, and respect her for doing that. I also really think this could almost be like a modern, updated 'Habit Rouge' for the 21st Century, as I definitely think it pays homage to that creation. I must also say that I really enjoy the bottle, with it's Art Deco style. Very nice touch.

Overall, although I commend Guerlain for this interesting creation... I feel I may like the Eau de Parfum version a little better. Still a solid fragrance though. This is no disappointment either... and I still believe that everything Guerlain does is very enjoyable and exquisite!

30th April, 2014

Add your review of L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme

Search for on eBay United States

New and Sealed L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme Pour Homme 2.5 oz Eau de Parfum EDP
    L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Eau Extreme Sample - 1.65 ML in Spray Atomizer
    L'instant DE GUERLAIN POUR HOMME Extreme EDP 75ml/2.5 fl.oz SEALED
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 10 days
    (Shipping from Israel)
    L'instant De Guerlain Pour Homme Eau De Toilette Spray Mini.
    • Time Left: 14 days