Balkis (2003)

Year of Launch2003

HouseNicolaï
PerfumerPatricia de Nicolaï

About Balkis

Balkis is a feminine perfume by Nicolaï. The scent was launched in 2003 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Patricia de Nicolaï

Reviews of Balkis

Genre: Fruity Floral

Why Patricia de Nicolaï thought she needed a fruity floral scent for 12 year-olds in her line is beyond me. For that matter, how anybody could think the world needs another such cavity-inducing concoction is beyond me. You want berries? Try Mûre et Musc or Maître Parfumeur et Gantier’s Fraîcheur Muskissime. Want a sweet, bright, candied rose? Try Drôle de Rose. Like fruity florals? Go for something sophisticated like Le Parfum de Thérèse. You want a red Lifesaver? Buy Balkis.
09th June, 2014
BayKAT Show all reviews
Notes:raspberry, Turkish rose, black pepper, coffee extract, iris, benzoin, vanilla pods

Folks i think this one has been reformulated. I'm not a fruity floral type in ANY sense of the word, and this is not rubbing me that way. When i first put it on I was worried, but when the middle phase kicked in I was smitten.

I like black pepper, especially when it's mixed with benzoin (my Bois D'Armenie is a pink pepper/benzoin mix on a vanilly base, one of my favorite scents)

I wouldn't call this a spicy rose, it's more refined and smooth than that. I don't have much experience wiht raspberry, but it adds a tartness here that wears well on me

This is one past users may want to circle back to. Thumbs up!
15th June, 2010
Fruity notes are great, but its a little too strong on the floral notes for me.
28th February, 2010
A good rose is hard to find. Until the drydown hits, you can't predict whether you'll be soaring through a sweet pink paradise or swimming in a vat of old-lady vinegar. Having been burned before, I approached Balkis with caution. The first note surprised me-- rosemary terpene served up as a brief, astringent palate cleanser, clearing aside all fears. Next came the dessert tray-- honey, raspberries, rosepetal jam, cinnamon. Once all that fades, you're left with a straight-up oriental rose-- friendly, uncomplicated, powdery and soft. Almost zero sillage -- unusual for a rose -- but having this scent stick close by your side is hardly a drawback. Above all, there's not a single trace of nasty guest-bathroom soap smell. Finally, a rose without thorns!
30th January, 2010
If it wasn't a PdN, nobody would seriously consider or review this fragrance. Few words suffice to describe it fully: roses, berries and far, far too sweet. Why, Patricia, why?
04th October, 2009
bbBD Show all reviews
Very pretty rose/berry, but Balkis is shockingly sweet with nothing else to balance out the sweetness. There's not much by way of shift to any spice or anything else in the drydown. The fruitiness just slowly fades out over 2-3 hours. A better alternative to most of the girly-garbage being released, but still incredibly sweet for almost anyone over age 21.
22nd October, 2008

Add your review of Balkis

Shop for Balkis products online

Search Amazon for Balkis

Member images of Balkis

There are no member images of Balkis yet. Why not be the first?