Lipstick Rose (2000)

HouseEditions de Parfums Frederic Malle
PerfumerRalf Schwieger
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Lipstick Rose

Lipstick Rose is a feminine perfume by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ralf Schwieger

Lipstick Rose fragrance notes

Reviews of Lipstick Rose

In the Salon of Rue des Moulins by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec 1894
10th September, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
The title hits the nail on the head: creamy lighthearted lipstick, bright, a touch creamy and waxy; this is combined with a bright, fresh rose. The rose is neither green nor woody; as a matter of fact, there more of a fresh-ish and fruity than a woodsy character present in the rose. A splash of modern and unstuffy powderiness rounds off the top notes. Bright red lipstick comes to mind.

The drydown adds a pleasant violet component, which blends in well with the initial notes. Until now the sweetness is very restrained.

Later on it turn a bit sweeter, but still not very sweet, and it is never heavy or cloying. Vanilla and white musks combine to create a very light ambery tone towards the end.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and a splendid longevity of eleven hours on my skin.

A bright and youthful spring fun scent, quite playful and unencumbered by darker elements. Pleasant, but a times a bit too generic. Still, just good enough for a positive score. 3/5.
31st July, 2017
"You wash and brush up
You want to dress up
You want to kiss her
But she's busy with her makeup"

- E.C.

29th June, 2017
Lipstick Rose makes a great interplay of surfaces – creamed powder tinged with rose and violet and steeped with a bitter woody structure. Besides the vibe I get from the combination of musk, vanilla and violet as in candied violets I can not find LR nostalgic or old-fashioned. Its lipstick idea still matches just as much a contemporary one. Instead I would call LR monstrously cute and carnal ... like a film between bodies as touched and rubbed off makeup, sweat and semen. Not only does it taste waxy, creamy, rich, sweetish, but also bitter, bitter sour and slightly alkaline. The next day the explicit connections recede and the calmer, more comforting rooty aspects of the composition come to the front. Roots as in iris, carrots and vetiver. Lipstick on a warm woody base, eased and grounded. Throughout the entire wear vetiver seems to act discretely in the back as a go-between. Without drawing much attention to itself it manages to connect woodiness, grapefruit's bitterness, iris' roots and violet blue into one drag composition. It's fun to wear.
19th September, 2016
Salutation.

A smell of make up.it's exactly what I expected it to be.a powdery,elegant rosey scent with a musky undertone.the smells exactly like old fashioned face powder or lipstick.it's full of life and light,dancing and singing in celebration of spring and romance.Lipstick Rose is a perfect blend of rose and violet.the scent has a nostalgic feel to it which I love it.Absolutely romantic and a little sexy but very feminine.

It opens up with a elegant powdery violet note,cool and grounded,polite and polished.then the rose starts to blend in and it becomes more lipsticky with a bit of waxiness.the rose and violet remains and perfectly blended with a smooth musky dry down to make a gorgeous feminine scent that scream "I am what I am,love me or leave me".the scent makes you feel a sophisticated princess and go with your Prince for candle light dinner and first kiss on grey,rainy weather.

Sillage?Impressive.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

11th January, 2016
A beautiful swirl of jammy violet ionones, rose, and iris whipped up into the classic scent of a high-end waxy lipstick – what’s not to like? It aims for a lighthearted cheerfulness and stays there, not changing or progressing much in its lifetime on the skin, save for a brief flash of sharp, soapy grapefruit that (mercifully) drops back once the topnotes have dissipated.

Powdery and waxy at the same time, Lipstick Rose is a rush of pure nostalgia for any woman who has ever been kissed by a lipstick-wearing mother on her way out to a party. That’s why I forgive Lipstick Rose for its relatively simple prettiness and static presence on my skin – it’s a price I am more than willing to pay to go back in time to when I was a little girl and used to stomp around in my mother’s shoes. Lipstick Rose has that happy, innocent creaminess of surreptitiously-opened lipsticks, cold creams, and lotions, holding if not the scent but the ghostly transfer of the presence of the person whose approval I most desired and craved. When I wear my sample of Lipstick Rose, I look at life through rose-tinted glasses.

Lipstick Rose is undoubtedly the queen of lipstick scents – and more enjoyable to me than Misia – but I doubt it will ever be part of my collection. You see, my lipstick nostalgia basket is already full – occupied by a half bottle of the divine Histoires de Parfums Moulin Rouge, which, although it does not have the delightful, powdered rose of Lipstick Rose, does have a slightly naughty, shady character to it that suits me more.
09th January, 2016

Add your review of Lipstick Rose

Shop for Lipstick Rose products online

Search Amazon for Lipstick Rose

Member images of Lipstick Rose

There are no member images of Lipstick Rose yet. Why not be the first?