Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 135 ratings

Lipstick Rose Fragrance notes

Grapefruit, Violet, Rose, Musk, Vanilla, Vetiver, Amber

Lipstick Rose information

Lipstick Rose is a women's fragrance by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle. The scent was launched in 2000

Reviews of Lipstick Rose

Showing 1 to 6 of 26 reviews.

Nefret's avatar

No surprises, this is a straightforward one

It may have taken me a couple of tries to really warm to this one, but it is one of those scents that perfectly evokes what it is going for. The beginning is this powdery haze over a PINK rose and violet rush, with just that hint of wax to it. The drydown does evolve into a sweet violet with some juicy berries and light vanilla, with the suggestion of rose just barely present. It wears nice and long, as some of these Frederic Malle powerhouses do. Glamorous, feminine, maybe a little unsubtle.

Pros: Sweet rose and violet accord, evocative of a certain kind of lipstick
    Cons: None"

21st August, 2013

alfarom's avatar

Name says it all. A waxy, lipstick-like concoction of rose and violet supported by a tamed down vanilla/vetiver base. Hints of musk and amber provide more consistency during the powdery drydown. Surely not groundbreaking yet very funny. If you like to smell like an high-end lipstick, go ahead. Nice.

23 January, 2012

redrose's avatar

Yes, it does replicate the smell of a certain type of lipstick, and to me brings back the memory of a very bright pink by - I think - Max Factor, that I wore many years ago. Happy memories! But although it's pleasantly nostalgic, I wouldn't want to splurge on an FB just for the sake of old reminiscences. Pretty and very girlie, this scent to me is pleasant but definitely not a must. Also, I found it quite linear with little or no development, and I prefer scents which tell a story, unfolding more delights as the hours go by. I'll pass on this. But it's nice enough.

12 October, 2011

lisa16's avatar

This is exactly what a Guerlain divinora lipstick smells like. They nailed it.

21st September, 2011

Orfamay's avatar

The beginning of this is quite ferocious: A gorgeous blast of rose and violet powder, but it's shocking to me because I'm more of a subdued fragrance kind of gal. There's some raspberry jam in there too, which really comes out after the first twenty minutes or so. I really love the initial rush of fragrance, the witty evocation of vintage cosmetics. Any girl who sat fixated at her grandmother or mother's vanity will appreciate this aspect. The rest of the journey with the scent is much more wearable for me, however, when the rose and violet meet the freshness of grapefruit, sweetness of raspberry and a hint of vetiver. Divine.

23 August, 2011

Sniffmonkey's avatar

This is very similar to the rose-and-violet combo of Bulgari's Pour Femme, but as it dries down the subtle "waxy" quality comes more to the fore, and bizarrely reminds me of Patou's discontinued Que Sais-Je? Que Sais-Je? is peachy-sweet, almost cloying, but with this wierd, wax/damp cardboard undertone that I find ADDICTIVE!

I'm so glad that this scent replicates it, because I was hoarding Que Sais-Je?, afraid that I'd never be able to replace it. These Malle's don't come cheap, but.... when I've finished my bottle of Que Sais-Je? and used up my Bulgari Pour Femme, I may have to acquire this.

29 June, 2011