Piment et Chocolat (2003)
    by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

Average Rating:

Piment et Chocolat information

Piment et Chocolat is a women's fragrance by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz. The scent was launched in 2003 and the fragrance was created by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

Reviews of Piment et Chocolat

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Yuck! Deeming from this scent, there's no difference between the "parfums des beaux art" and the cheaper DSH fragrances -- except the price! I thought it was on the sweet side but ok as a gourmandy comfort scent that didn't feel very sophisticated or expensive for about five minutes, then the chocolate note turned horrible and plasticky on my skin. I feel almost nothing of all the spices and stuff listed that would have made the scent a little darker and more interesting - perhaps a certain powderiness. Actually, I think the cheaper chocolate scents from DSH are better. At least they smell more like actual chocolate - at least almost, while this smells only like "artificial chocolate fragrance". It reminds me of my horrible experiences with chocolate scents from BPAL. The truest chocolate scent I've encountered, if that's what you're looking for, was the one from AvaLuxe, a very sweet milk chocolate type of scent but at least true to life.

07 June, 2008

Buzzlepuff's avatar

This fragrance is a hot steaming mug of creamy dark chocolate with a dash of clove, nutmeg and red pepper. It's spicy and peppery while sweetly chocolate. Warms you up all over. I keep looking for a scoop of vanilla ice cream to cool it down a notch. A great gourmand scent - it's yummilicious!

24 June, 2007

RedRazz's avatar

This is a rich, delicious, wrist-sniffing fragrance. The blend of spices and dark chocolate is truly sensual and intoxicating--I dabbed this on more than 3 hours ago, and I am still firmly under its spell! While it is unquestionably a gourmand scent, it is not insufferably sweet, carrying--so far as I can tell--only the natural sweetness of the cinnamon and clove. My sample of Piment et Chocolat has prompted another DSH order, and I plan to use it quite regularly through the holiday season and beyond.

Top notes: black pepper, paprika, pimento berry (allspice), red chili
    Heart notes: cinnamon, clove, nutmeg
    Base notes: cocoa beans, dark chocolate

05 August, 2005