Piment et Chocolat (2003)
by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

Piment et Chocolat information

Year of Launch2003

HouseDawn Spencer Hurwitz
PerfumerDawn Spencer Hurwitz

About Piment et Chocolat

Piment et Chocolat is a feminine perfume by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz. The scent was launched in 2003 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

Reviews of Piment et Chocolat

An exceptional gourmand scent and one of the few truly successful re-creations of cocoa.

The spiciness of adding red chiles to hot chocolate, a treat both for the nose and the palate, only came into mainstream knowledge with the successful film, CHOCOLAT (Juliette Binoche), and now we have an equivalent for the nose alone.

Pimento, Chiles and Paprika float above Clove, Nutmeg and Cinnamon, resting on Cocoa Beans and Chocolate. It morphs into a dreamy, tobacco-like warmth that is irresistible

Another triumph for DSH!
07th February, 2015
Yuck! Deeming from this scent, there's no difference between the "parfums des beaux art" and the cheaper DSH fragrances -- except the price! I thought it was on the sweet side but ok as a gourmandy comfort scent that didn't feel very sophisticated or expensive for about five minutes, then the chocolate note turned horrible and plasticky on my skin. I feel almost nothing of all the spices and stuff listed that would have made the scent a little darker and more interesting - perhaps a certain powderiness. Actually, I think the cheaper chocolate scents from DSH are better. At least they smell more like actual chocolate - at least almost, while this smells only like "artificial chocolate fragrance". It reminds me of my horrible experiences with chocolate scents from BPAL. The truest chocolate scent I've encountered, if that's what you're looking for, was the one from AvaLuxe, a very sweet milk chocolate type of scent but at least true to life.
07th June, 2008
This fragrance is a hot steaming mug of creamy dark chocolate with a dash of clove, nutmeg and red pepper. It's spicy and peppery while sweetly chocolate. Warms you up all over. I keep looking for a scoop of vanilla ice cream to cool it down a notch. A great gourmand scent - it's yummilicious!
24th June, 2007
This is a rich, delicious, wrist-sniffing fragrance. The blend of spices and dark chocolate is truly sensual and intoxicating--I dabbed this on more than 3 hours ago, and I am still firmly under its spell! While it is unquestionably a gourmand scent, it is not insufferably sweet, carrying--so far as I can tell--only the natural sweetness of the cinnamon and clove. My sample of Piment et Chocolat has prompted another DSH order, and I plan to use it quite regularly through the holiday season and beyond.

Top notes: black pepper, paprika, pimento berry (allspice), red chili
Heart notes: cinnamon, clove, nutmeg
Base notes: cocoa beans, dark chocolate
05th August, 2005

Add your review of Piment et Chocolat

Shop for Piment et Chocolat products online

Search Amazon for Piment et Chocolat

Member images of Piment et Chocolat

There are no member images of Piment et Chocolat yet. Why not be the first?