Infusion (2003)

AvailabilityDiscontinued / Limited Edition

HouseBombay Sapphire
PerfumerGeza Schoen

About Infusion

As far as we know, this was the first alcoholic drink / perfume crossover. Created using similar ingredients to Bombay Sapphire Gin, this scent was available exclusively at duty-free shops, and only available as a GWP.

Infusion fragrance notes

Reviews of Infusion

Well, no one has reviewed this in 4 years, so I'm guessing it is getting harder to find. A shame really, because as the previous reviewer mentioned, it truly is a charming fragrance. I just picked up a 30ml of this EdT concentration (only size and strength available) and I'm glad I did. It's been on the list for a while.

Bright and zesty citrus notes on top (mainly lemon) that calm down pretty quickly, maybe about 15 minutes or so. Also in the mix, and definitely the main player, is a high quality gin scent. Of course, juniper berries star in the show, and get some support from the lingering citrus and light spice notes that add an earthy feel.

Info on this is sparse in mid-2016, but one reviewer (DULLAH) from 2009 listed notes that included coriander and grains of paradise. I cook with the former all the time and this does seem to have a coriander aspect. The latter I know only through Sam Summer (Samuel Adams beer) and Infusion shares an earthy aspect with Sam Summer.

For a booze brand that did a one-off limited release, they really nailed it. I'm honestly shocked by how nice it is. I haven't tried to much of Geza Schoen's other work, but I like what he's done here. I normally could take or leave fresh citrus fragrances, but this is really a stand out. Breezy, refreshing, uplifting, easy to wear, unlikely to offend. Fantastic summer fragrance, especially if there is a gin & tonic in your hand.

For an EdT, I suppose it could last a little longer, but such is the way with fresh/citrus scents. The boozy/gin facet really holds on for a good 5-6 hours on my skin, though.

I'm very pleased that I've found one for a reasonable price. Easy thumbs up for me.
04th August, 2016
This is a charming little scent. It was a marketing bonus, a lagniappe, when one bought a half-litre of Bombay Gin at duty-free. It has been discontinued but is quite available on ebay.
It has a light, breezy opening with pretty good lemon peel notes. There is a hint of almond flower, which goes well with the coriander. Essentially it smells like a good gin, with all of the nice aromatic notes but not any heavy boozy ones. The juniper is bright and invigorating. It could be even stronger but it is nice. The little blue bottle is pretty.
21st August, 2012
Bombay Sapphire's Infusion.............you are a beauty!

To me it paints a picture of a lite sparkling essence that bubbles upwards and is far from heavy.

The note I pick up on the most is JUNIPER berries(a big exlamation mark here)........

Unfortunately this sweet, but not too sweet, fragrance is gone after a couple of hours.

This may sound dumb but it sort of smells like the color of the Bombay Sapphire drink, a COOL blue and some green somewhere in there.

In closing: Go out and get yourself one of these bottles because I'm guessing they are not making it anymore. I even emailed the company and.............no reply!
10th September, 2011 (last edited: 24th April, 2015)
A pleasant gin-like scent. Not much in terms of development, but a refreshing option for juniper lovers.
02nd February, 2010
Make it 8 positive reviews!
Yes it does smell exactly like Bombay Sapphire Gin.
What a great idea for the summer, most refreshing.
Just hope you don't get pulled over by a cop :)
14th December, 2009 (last edited: 09th February, 2010)
Very interesting scent.

I don't drink alcohol, but always liked the smell of this gin.
Yes, it has the classic juniper smell that all gins do, only juniper of a higher quality, and such delicious lemony almond/spice smoothness. And a very refreshing tonic note. Not the same tonic note used in Versace Eau Fraiche and Quercus, this "tonic" is higher quality!
Also has some of the sour yet smooth citric notes str8 outta Allure Edition Blanche.
Surprisingly does not have an overly synthetic olfactory profile.
Very very good, so I stocked up.

Almond, Lemon Peel, Liquorice Root, Juniper Berries, Orris Root, Angelica, Coriander, Cassia Cinnamon Bark, Cubeb Pepper Berries, Grains of Paradise (Guinea Pepper) [ginger species]

21st August, 2009

Add your review of Infusion

Shop for Infusion products online

Search Amazon for Infusion

Member images of Infusion

There are no member images of Infusion yet. Why not be the first?