Evelyn Rose (2003)

Evelyn Rose information

Year of Launch2003

HouseCrabtree & Evelyn

About Evelyn Rose

Evelyn Rose is a feminine perfume by Crabtree & Evelyn. The scent was launched in 2003

Evelyn Rose fragrance notes

Reviews of Evelyn Rose

I wanted to love this, as rose perfumes, are one of my favorite styles. Not this one - it reminds me too much of The Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose - which I never liked that much. Evelyn Rose is just too sharp, too bitter for my taste. The rose, peony, peach, and green notes are too much. Too deafening. Eventually I smell amber on the base but, the other notes are still strong.
20th September, 2018
I don't smell the peach in this at all, It's predominately Rose. (And a very elegant rose at that)
Very wearable. Suitable for 20+
16th April, 2008
eleles Show all reviews
Now that I've read VintageVogue's review, my experience with Evelyn Rose makes perfect sense. I'd read about it in a book about perfume and it sounded like a real classic. But when I tried it on, I couldn't understand the hype - it smelled like just another fruity, watery floral with no progression and very little lasting power. It's too bad Crabtree and Evelyn had to cut the heart out of this scent. The search for the perfect rose fragrance continues!
03rd August, 2006
Recently Crabtree and Evelyn decided they “had” to re-jig the juice of the original Evelyn, a luscious rose scent. The newer version, called Evelyn Rose, is still nice, but inferior to the original. In the newer Evelyn Rose the peach note is more predominant, and the exquisite woodsy-musky drydown is all but gone. In fact, I can’t even detect it. The bottle is the same, though the box and name have been changed. I wish C&E would bring back the original. Still, Evelyn Rose is a lovely rose bouquet and would be a nice addition to any rose lover's collection.
04th August, 2005

Add your review of Evelyn Rose

Shop for Evelyn Rose products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Evelyn Rose

There are no member images of Evelyn Rose yet. Why not be the first?