1828 (2001)

1828 information

Year of Launch2001

HouseHistoires de Parfums

About 1828

1828 is a masculine fragrance by Histoires de Parfums. The scent was launched in 2001

1828 fragrance notes

Reviews of 1828

Citrus opening with spices I don't care for. Very sharp and unpleasant. This is definitely a scrubber in my book.
26th January, 2017
Easily my favorite from this house. I like the opening and the fact that for more the Vetiver is not on steroids. Grapefruit and some citrus notes in the beginning, but when it dries down.....man! The Pine Cone and Nutmeg balance this out nicely. What's this like....nothing really. It's unique, but not something to blind buy. Go sample it for yourself. I like this for fall- not winter.

22nd October, 2016
Usually don't like vetiver scents but this one got better and better as it dried down. Nice citrus up front and then the vetiver kicks in, making it smell clean and fresh. Later on the woods and incense getting going and give it a modern feel. At that point, I was really liking it and feeling confident about it and sure enough, I get a compliment from the wife. She usually only goes for safe, modern fragrances, so this one surprised me.
16th October, 2016
I was ready for another fern-n-fir release but upon application was mercifully surprised to find a cool and fresh citrus backed by a strangely sharp -and- smooth wood - there must be nutmeg involved. I am reminded of the odd effect it lent to Van Cleef's Zanzibar. Any instance of camphor you'll catch with this will be tiny, but the vetiver is a clean and pleasant one. This is a very enjoyable scent, but one which has been stylistically plundered by every crap clothing outfitter in every American mall. If you are looking to graduate from your Banana Republic, Abercrombie, or American Eagle woody-aquatic, might I suggest its distinguished father, 1828?
01st February, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
A lemon-grapefruit opening exuding freshness is accentuated by a mildly peppery drydown, which is not too dark and sharp. The base is made up by a lovely cedarwood with vetiver giving is a nice green bright tone.

All is well made, appearing not too generic, has moderate sillage, good projection and five hours if longevity. Nice 3/5
11th April, 2015
Oviatt Show all reviews
1828 is a very nice scent from this house. I have been wearing it for a few days and have been strongly reminded of something and it finally came to me--this reminds me of a cooler Endymion, which is one of my favorite scents. Citrus on top, nutmeg and pepper in the middle and woods and incense down below in both cases. I say cooler because of the astringent eucalyptus in the top notes and the lack of the gourmand coffee note that appears in Endymion. Taken on its own merits, this is very good and something I am comfortable wearing and it performs well in the heat as well as in cooler weather. Histoires de Parfums, with its literary inspirations, is a very interesting house, although I do not really get Victorian travel when I smell this--around the world, to the center of the earth or under the sea. This is too much of a sexy and modern comfort scent to summon up Fogg and and his valet Passepartout although if this is what adventurers smelled like back then, I say let the journey begin!
23rd July, 2014

Add your review of 1828

Shop for 1828 products online

Shop for 1828 at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for 1828

Member images of 1828

There are no member images of 1828 yet. Why not be the first?