Average Rating: 3

Based on 34 ratings

1873 Fragrance Notes

1873 information

1873 is a women's fragrance by Histoires de Parfums. The scent was launched in 2001

Shop for 1873 products online

Reviews of 1873

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.

odysseusm's avatar

Blech! There is no, zero, nada citrus here folks.
    An odd, heavy.old-socks and furniture polish scent.
    Heavy on the faux caramel and other foody nasties.
    With an odd twangy note. Peanut shells? Old celery leaves?
    Please... deliver me from this hell.

18 July, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

Beautiful opening comprising sweet, savoury orange/bergamot and citrus notes, delicate but vivid floral notes, lavender and spices on soft silky white musks and pungent, vibrant green notes providing a pleasant mossy and almost slightly earthy counterpart. Really nice and Mediterranean, although more in a "postcard" meaning (no rawness here). Fresh and cozy with a velvety, soft roundess which makes this refined and graceful but at the same time, sensual and carnal thanks to the breezy green "earthy" accord. Highly wearable and refined: a self-confident, beautiful, slightly aristocratic young lady enjoying her "vacanze italiane". Nothing unique, but still with a grace I find distinctive and tasteful. Also the persistence is surprisingly bold and long-lasting, considering it's a citrus scent. Then in eventually gently fades in a delicate musky/sweet aromatic drydown with orange blossom souvenirs, fairly close to skin, still nice.

04 May, 2014

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Refreshing, light and airy citrus with a grapefruit tang to begin with. Sure there’s cat piss in the mix, but that’s all part of the grapefruit spectrum and frankly bothers me less than the poverty of ambition on display. There’s a touch of violet leaf, but in the main the green aspects seem to be struggling to express themselves. Within hours we’re down to a skin hugging base which is mainly pee over a trace of vanilla.

09 April, 2013

Sniffmonkey's avatar

Luckyscent describe this as light white flowers and citrus, lemon tart and meringue. On my skin this smells sour and really unpleasant.

03 October, 2012

Siberia's avatar

I adore Histoires de Parfums 1969, and I admire Moulin Rouge for its olfactory magic. I love many of the notes (bergamot, neroli, vanilla, caramel). I pictured a bright gourmand scent based on the HdP website, which describes it as being evocative of a "lemon tart with meringue". I was most excited to try this sample.

My initial impression was of a jumble of somehow-synthetic smelling citrus notes, which settles into what strikes me as quite a masculine neroli. For some reason, I got a really strong impression of my grandpa. Which makes me think that this smells like . . . Brut? I think that's what he wore. Looking it up, I see that they do share some of the same notes: lavender, bergamot, lemon, vanilla...

I love many of the HdP line, but this one is not for me. Might be good for a man, though.

10th May, 2012

's avatar

To me, the "worst" in line of a normally great range.
    This does not smell like Colette and 1873, but like the latest by Dolce&Gabanna (see their "La Luna" scent).
    A floral something with no refinement and no fun at all. Mainstream companies are just better at this kind of scent. If you're into such a fragrance, get a MODERN floral (see Gucci et.al.) - will also save you a lot of cash.

31st December, 2010

Add your review of 1873

Search for on eBay United States

1873 Colette by Histoires de Parfums Eau De Parfum 0.5 oz Spray
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 25 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    1873 Colette by Histoires de Parfums Eau De Parfum 2 oz Spray
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 6 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)