Ambre 114 (2001)

Ambre 114 information

Year of Launch2001

HouseHistoires de Parfums

About Ambre 114

Ambre 114 is a shared / unisex perfume by Histoires de Parfums. The scent was launched in 2001

Ambre 114 fragrance notes

Reviews of Ambre 114

Great fragrance that stays close to the skin.I feel like I am in a sauna. The wood in this thing has just been built and I am the first one in with a great vanilla. .I am not sweating or uncomfortable or can't breathe. It is light and smooth ,and It is a good long ride, and I am in the mood for a drive.
29th February, 2016
Amber 114 a pretty, floral scent that draws on amber almost as an organizing idea instead of a dominant note. This pulls amber out of its more common dark, exotic, resinous, smoky setting--into a kinder, gentler modality where it weaves in and out among sweet roses and herbs with a touch of sugar. Nice, but very low sillage on me. Also seems to flash by rather quickly. I appreciate the subtlety, but I'd like little more life.
19th February, 2016 (last edited: 18th February, 2016)
There are ritualistic, smoky ambers, leathery ambers, warm, comforting ambers, and indulgent, foody ambers. This release seems to encompass the latter two styles. While it falls just short of edible I certainly get a sort of salted caramel atop baked goods, but the sweetness is tempered well by the herbs, powder, and musk. In fact, this smells a lot like the bottom half of Guess by Marciano for Women (a legendarily potent amber within my circle of friends). The rose, geranium, and woods are just small sprinkles atop the cake here, and it is easy to miss them. This composition isn't likely to blow any minds but I'd be hard pressed to find anyone who disliked it. Projection is fairly close as far as I can tell, but the longevity is quite good. Don't expect much in the way of movement; this is a simple ride - the nose's version of comfort food.
31st January, 2016
This was the first Amber Scentric perfume I purchased and it continues to be the model I use as Standard for my perspective. To me it is very linear and has a beautiful uncomplicated scent that is what I consider "Gourmand Nutmeg". This note draws me to the sweet. It is so well balanced and smooth that it reminds me of the simple and sublime thing that is "Creme Brulee" touched by Nutmeg, Salt, Vanilla, Sugar lean, Egg and Cream rich, caramelized Demerera topped heaven.
Will always be my fave.
Out of 10, a million!
12th January, 2016 (last edited: 14th January, 2016)
One of my favorite perfumes, I've been reaching a lot for it lately. Surprisingly, it starts with a note of fresh laundry, then it moves on to spices and herbs, and quickly evolves to ambregris, salty caramel, vanilla and powdery goodness.. To me, this is the perfect summer equivalent of Ambra Aurea by Profumum, as it is surprisingly quite light and airy. Very enjoyable.
26th August, 2015
This amber is rich, sweet & slightly boozy, but not at all heavy or dense. I cannot pick out the herbs or spices individually here, but they serve to give interest & edge to the opening. During the first hour I get little whiffs of rose, geranium, woods & patchouli, before it all settles into a smoky, yet still sweet & deliciously comforting amber. The projection is low, but seven hours in it's still going as a skin scent.
I wouldn't call this an outstanding amber fragrance, as there are several others that I prefer, but it's very good & deserves to be included on any amber lover's try list.
07th July, 2015

Add your review of Ambre 114

Shop for Ambre 114 products online

Shop for Ambre 114 at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Ambre 114

Member images of Ambre 114

There are no member images of Ambre 114 yet. Why not be the first?