Ambre 114 (2001)

Ambre 114 information

Year of Launch2001

HouseHistoires de Parfums

About Ambre 114

Ambre 114 is a shared / unisex perfume by Histoires de Parfums. The scent was launched in 2001

Ambre 114 fragrance notes

Reviews of Ambre 114

Spicy amber. Add cinnamon, nutmeg and chocolate to it. I also get a soft floral, wood and greenery. And a lot of musk. Well done, not boring. It's got a lot of everything but everything is distinguishable. Sillage is average, longevity is good!
24th April, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
An amber with a herbal undertone - that is my first impression here. The next constituent I get is a woodsy note, mainly a restrained sandal initially, then cedar and a mild rose impression. So far this is not a heavy scent, but it is not a lightweight either - of medium heaviness but on the brighter side of the spectrum.

Towards the base this becomes richer, darker and sweeter. This is mainly due to added tonka - sweetness - and a soft patchouli with benzoin - darkness with a touch of smokiness.

Additionally, at the later stages I get a discrete powderiness, which is added light-handedly and is neither stuffy nor heavy.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and eleven hours of longevity on my skin.

At times lacking complexity and not super-original, this scent works well on warmer autumn days, is blended in a balanced fashion and interesting enough to deserve a positive score -just. 3/5.
05th December, 2016
Not for the faint of heart. I got blasted by the notes of
Thyme, Nutmeg right off the bat which seemed promising, but the dry down is where the Patchouli, Sandalwood,Vetiver kick in big time. Imagine working in a smoke shop versus going in and getting a cigar. Too much and too heavy and linear. It lasts for a while, but that's when I felt like I was working at the local smoke shop.
22nd October, 2016
Fairly sweet, creamy and nutty at start. It reminds you of pastry but falls just short of having the edibility that you associate with a gourmand. The additions of woods, rose and resins do wonders for me, as I have a really low threshold for sweetness before it becomes cloying. This composition makes for a good combination of sweetness, complexity and smoothness, which thorouhly enhances wearability to me. Fabulous drydown with hints of musk.

A very intriguing and well-balanced fragrance. The best amber I've tested to date.
20th October, 2016
Buttery, sugary, vanilla. Like a freshly-baked cookie. Not my style but many like this sort of thing. Smells nice, just not anything I would like to wear or smell on someone. In a kitchen from the oven, yes. Some herbal notes do appear after a while.
16th October, 2016
Great fragrance that stays close to the skin.I feel like I am in a sauna. The wood in this thing has just been built and I am the first one in with a great vanilla. .I am not sweating or uncomfortable or can't breathe. It is light and smooth ,and It is a good long ride, and I am in the mood for a drive.
29th February, 2016

Add your review of Ambre 114

Shop for Ambre 114 products online

Shop for Ambre 114 at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Ambre 114

Member images of Ambre 114

There are no member images of Ambre 114 yet. Why not be the first?