In Leather Man (2003)
    by Etienne Aigner

Average Rating: 3

Based on 26 ratings

In Leather Man information

In Leather Man is a men's fragrance by Etienne Aigner. The scent was launched in 2003

Shop for In Leather Man products online

126ml EdT
    100ml EdT

Reviews of In Leather Man

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.

SirSlarty's avatar

Very active and fruity in the opening. Almost like Kiton Black or Guess Suede. Then it goes into the "leathery" part... just like Kiton Black. But unless like the other fragrances, this is very weak, zero sillage. The leather is a little bit sweaty but it's so vague... so transparent it makes me wonder what the big deal is. From begining to end it goes from high hopes to big disappointment. I've worn it a number of times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating that indeed this dissipates all too quickly to be enjoyed.

21st July, 2009

6opar's avatar

Bulgaria Bulgaria

I don't like the initial impression of this cologne. Fruity mess that smells of rotten apples. Good thing is that in a few seconds it's gone. Bad thing is that it leaves a trace - not powerful but existent. Why a leathery scent should start this fruity is a question I do not have an answer to.
    Then it's going a different path - spicy but not sweet - as different to the initial burst as red is to blue.
    Finally after 15 minutes i'm getting where I thought I would be by having a leather scent. The base is wonderful - the musk is distant and very gentle while the leather carefully creeps in.
    But this is not enough - Aigner Man In Leather smells cheap and is too weak to make a difference in this big cologne world.

08th May, 2009

RicoSuave's avatar

As the other reviewers have said, the sillage is extremely weak so I cannot rate this positive. But the scent is so nice that I can't go negative either. The previous reviews seem very accurate to me in their description of the scent, so I won't repeat. It's just too bad about the sillage. I guess this could be a nice "bedroom scent" for those occasions when your partner is guaranteed to be very close to your skin.

31st January, 2009

PigeonMurderer's avatar

Finland Finland

Notes :

Top : Grapefruit, Yuzu, Bergamot, Apple, Pineapple, Melon

Heart : Nutmeg, Pepper, Cardamom, Lavender, Patchouli, Oakmoss

Base : Sandalwood, Cedar, Leather, Musk, Vetiver, Amber

This is a lowly leather fragrance. The opening is very brutal alcoholic burst, but it soon settles down for a true smelling leather, which however smells way too subtle and weak for my tastes. No sillage whatsoever, and the lasting power isn`t that impressive at all. Not unique by any means ; reminds me of many other fragrances available. A bit of Cuiron there, a bit of Ferrari Passion and so on. Also, I came to think of this as a super weak imitation of Bel Ami.
    A distant animalic tone, very distant.

For the people who enjoy leather scents in a most subtle way.

08th November, 2008

tvlampboy's avatar

A true leather scent, no doubt, with just enough brightness to keep it from smelling like a factory showroom floor filled with leather sofas and ottomans. This is a deep, honest-to-goodness leather, yes, but it lacks longevity and sillage alike. I'll give it a thumbs up, but only with that proviso.

20th December, 2007

moonrat's avatar

Hmm.. When I try In Leather Man by Aigner, I find it a somewhat smokey and slightly harsh leather. While I find Curon has a slightly sweet conditioned leather scent. Like the others, I find the In Leather Man is just leather, without much more. Not the treated leather like in Fahrenheit with it's gasoline smell, nor the leather handbag and belt smell of Demeter leather. It seems to me to stay close to the skin with it's deep aroma. While strong at first, it seems to fade after an hour or so, maybe two hours tops. An interesting scent, well made, but not sure if I would wear it to work or in the evening. It seems to be missing the rest of the fragrance to round out the smell.

29th July, 2007

Add your review of In Leather Man

Search for on eBay United States

Aigner In Leather Man by Etienne Aigner 4.2 oz Eau de Toilette Spray NIB
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 16 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)