In Leather Man (2003)

In Leather Man information

Year of Launch2003

HouseEtienne Aigner
Parent CompanyShaneel Enterprises Ltd > Designer Parfums
Parent Company at launchPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About In Leather Man

In Leather Man is a masculine fragrance by Etienne Aigner. The scent was launched in 2003

Reviews of In Leather Man

In Leather Man by Aigner is hands down the worst leather fragrance I’ve ever tried. Even taking into account the really cheap price, for me it is still just desperately obnoxious, and completely unworthy *any* price. It opens with a harsh, extremely artificial nondescript smell which I think should be aimed at evoking leather, while it clumsily smells more like a car under the sun – not a particularly rusty or dirty one, just a normal car with that really boring smell of plastic, metal, rubber, cheap imitation leather. I think I get some musk, some components similar to what other manufacturers know better how to use for leather accords, and something ambery; it may sound decent, but the result is just a disaster for me. It’s not leather – actually for me this is really nothing at all. The drydown arrives quickly, light and sweaty. Until now I used to consider as the “worst leather fragrances” the ones which just uncreatively reiterate the same usual aromachemicals (e.g. suederal, safraleine ecc.), but at least, they smell “leather”. This smells just nauseating nonsense for me. If you want to stick to this brand (God knows why) I recall Aigner Black being a little more decent and more similar to an actual leather scent.

23rd May, 2015
Very active and fruity in the opening. Almost like Kiton Black or Guess Suede. Then it goes into the "leathery" part... just like Kiton Black. But unless like the other fragrances, this is very weak, zero sillage. The leather is a little bit sweaty but it's so vague... so transparent it makes me wonder what the big deal is. From begining to end it goes from high hopes to big disappointment. I've worn it a number of times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating that indeed this dissipates all too quickly to be enjoyed.
21st July, 2009
I don't like the initial impression of this cologne. Fruity mess that smells of rotten apples. Good thing is that in a few seconds it's gone. Bad thing is that it leaves a trace - not powerful but existent. Why a leathery scent should start this fruity is a question I do not have an answer to.
Then it's going a different path - spicy but not sweet - as different to the initial burst as red is to blue.
Finally after 15 minutes i'm getting where I thought I would be by having a leather scent. The base is wonderful - the musk is distant and very gentle while the leather carefully creeps in.
But this is not enough - Aigner Man In Leather smells cheap and is too weak to make a difference in this big cologne world.

08th May, 2009
As the other reviewers have said, the sillage is extremely weak so I cannot rate this positive. But the scent is so nice that I can't go negative either. The previous reviews seem very accurate to me in their description of the scent, so I won't repeat. It's just too bad about the sillage. I guess this could be a nice "bedroom scent" for those occasions when your partner is guaranteed to be very close to your skin.
31st January, 2009
Notes :

Top : Grapefruit, Yuzu, Bergamot, Apple, Pineapple, Melon

Heart : Nutmeg, Pepper, Cardamom, Lavender, Patchouli, Oakmoss

Base : Sandalwood, Cedar, Leather, Musk, Vetiver, Amber

This is a lowly leather fragrance. The opening is very brutal alcoholic burst, but it soon settles down for a true smelling leather, which however smells way too subtle and weak for my tastes. No sillage whatsoever, and the lasting power isn`t that impressive at all. Not unique by any means ; reminds me of many other fragrances available. A bit of Cuiron there, a bit of Ferrari Passion and so on. Also, I came to think of this as a super weak imitation of Bel Ami.
A distant animalic tone, very distant.

For the people who enjoy leather scents in a most subtle way.
08th November, 2008
A true leather scent, no doubt, with just enough brightness to keep it from smelling like a factory showroom floor filled with leather sofas and ottomans. This is a deep, honest-to-goodness leather, yes, but it lacks longevity and sillage alike. I'll give it a thumbs up, but only with that proviso.
20th December, 2007

Add your review of In Leather Man

Shop for In Leather Man products online

Shop for In Leather Man at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for In Leather Man

Member images of In Leather Man

There are no member images of In Leather Man yet. Why not be the first?