Santal / Sandalwood (2003)
by Floris

Santal / Sandalwood information

Year of Launch2003

HouseFloris

About Santal / Sandalwood

Santal / Sandalwood is a shared / unisex perfume by Floris. The scent was launched in 2003

Santal / Sandalwood fragrance notes

Reviews of Santal / Sandalwood

Not sure why this directory listing is for two completely different fragrances - Santal and Santal Extreme have their own listings; this should be simply for Sandalwood from the classic range to avoid any confusion. Sandalwood is a fairly simple, straight forward sandalwood scent that was originally introduced in the 1800's and then subsequently re-released in the early 2000's around the same time Eau de Santal and its extreme counterpart were released. It has since been discontinued and should not be confused with the others, lacking their zesty peppercorn and clove notes.
11th January, 2020
I was very disappointed with this fragrance. A slightly citrusy, slightly peppery sandalwood, which *sounds* great, but it is so poorly done that it just smells cheap and the peppery notes make it feel, for lack of a better word, scratchy. The longevity is also very poor. It almost completely disappears after a few hours. The only good things I can say about this are: the bottle looks nice; it does have a clean feel at the opening; and you are unlikely to offend anyone with this (since it is very light and it will be gone by lunchtime anyway).
18th June, 2019
Santal by Floris has recently become my favorite fragrance, it works very well for me. Right or wrong, I believe that almost all fragrances develop uniquely on each person and this one works the best for me of any that I have tried. The Sandalwood is balanced, this is a woody fougere; I enjoy the lavender, vetiver and bergamot that makes this complex. I enjoy other sandalwood fragrances but I find this one the most delicate and balanced. It is never out of place and I never worry that it is too strong for the office or anywhere. It lasts on my skin, when I need a pick me up, I smell my wrist and it lingers there. It works well with other sandalwood soaps and shaving products. I can imagine using nothing but this in the future.
15th June, 2019
This is somewhat different to the review I was going to write, as I realised after the past few days in which I've re-tried both Egoiste and Santal, that I really don't get on with sandalwood-centred scents such as these (although I still fine Trumper's Sandalwood to be truly excellent and wearable).

So here, a slightly fresh and spicy opening with few of the notes listed in the card - certainly no "cut grass" or whatever - but a consistently good creamy dry-down with a touch of tonka and vanilla to keep the volume up during the day. I find Santal very similar to Egoiste, but it also touches a cap to No. 89, also by Floris, by virtue of the presence of nutmeg, which fits the scent well.

Good quality, but I suppose the caveat emptor is whether you would pay a bit extra for this over Egoiste. Not a dilemma that faces me, as I've sampled, done my duty, and will move on.
04th April, 2019
This is a warm, beautiful sandalwood scent. Starts with rich, barbershop spices. The cloves are noteworthy -- not a note I crave but they are done well here, with a slight medicinal tang and not heavy. Subtle hints of green leaves, wood and incense add to the appeal. The sandalwood is creamy and warm. A mere hint of vanilla (another note I don't usually like) but here it adds to the overall scent. Excellent!
29th March, 2016
One of my favorite EdTs and my second favorite from Floris for men. I don't particularly like the entry, but this dries down fast to a very beautiful Sandalwood and oriental spice aroma that I think is amazing to wear. Due to the ultra elegant wood and spice, I think this is a fall/winter fragrance rather than a summer/spring fragrance.

Has good longevity and good sillage and lasts on the skin for quite a long time. Burberry's London slightly reminds me of this, but Floris Santal was released much earlier and is MUCH better executed. More elegant and without the more cloying Vanilla and sweetness that Burberry London shows.

The perfect fragrance for less formal days and events, too. Jeans, lambswool/cashmere sweater, and crackling fireplace kind of days are what I associate with this. For office and suit, I still find No 89 the better match.
10th March, 2016

PERFUME DE MUJER Ajmal Amber Santal by Ajmal Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 oz

End Date: Saturday Apr-4-2020 5:07:33 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $131.63
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Creed Santal Imperial EDP vintage niche genuine + free gift read description!

End Date: Saturday Apr-4-2020 6:29:48 PDT

Perris Monte Carlo Santal Du Pacifique 1.7oz Spray Extract de Parfum

End Date: Saturday Apr-4-2020 7:07:40 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $339.18
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

LE LABO .17 OZ 5ml SANTAL 33 The Noir 29 ROSE 31 BERGAMOTE 22 AnOther13 - PICK 1

Buy It Now for only: $32.99

Le Labo Santal 33 Eau De Parfum 100ml Unisex Fragrance New In Box

$41.00 (11 Bids)
End Date: Saturday Apr-4-2020 8:06:50 PDT

Member images of Santal / Sandalwood

There are no member images of Santal / Sandalwood yet. Why not be the first?