L'Eau d'Ambre (1978)

Year of Launch1978

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About L'Eau d'Ambre

L'Eau d'Ambre is a feminine perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 1978

L'Eau d'Ambre fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Eau d'Ambre

It's alright if you like that sort of thing, and if you do like that sort of thing there are many others that you will probably prefer (see other reviews for suggestions). I love the Amber accord/base, but this is a little too timid for me. After a few minutes on the smelling strip there is apparent a slight milky sweetness which I don't particularly enjoy, but it doesn't last long. I really cannot get excited about this, but don't hate it. I'll wear it when I cannot think of anything else to wear.
16th November, 2015
This fragrance has been to my first untrained, later a bit more skilled nose THE archetypal amber. Nothing exceeding, here: not too aromatic or fancy the opening, not too sweet and sugary the development, not too dark and animalic the base. A green, spicy geranium on top, a core of vanilla, a nice round patchouli in the base. I can see how people looking for an amber with a bolder, more distinctive character- more animalic, more aromatic, sweeter, spicier..- can find excellent alternatives on the market, but this fragrance remains the perfect one, for me.
It's a scent I associate with end of year festive days, I feel its warmth and composed sweetness as a source of golden, mellow light, so easy and comfortable to wear, yet elegant and subtle.
04th January, 2015
Genre: Oriental

The mildest mannered amber I've ever sampled. I don't wear amber to be mild mannered. Dries down all nougat and vanilla, without the sexy edge I look for in this kind of fragrance. Pleasant, but hardly interesting
19th June, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
An amber not for cooler weather? Here it is: light, nigh bright, but definitely amber, albeit with a white floral undertone at times. Added is a touch of tonka. Quite original as a concept, albeit not sensationally unique - but as an autumn scent it is well made. Very good silage and protection with eight hours of longevity. 3.25/5
09th January, 2014 (last edited: 20th November, 2016)
As others have already pointed out, this amber does not have much in common with the more powerful likes of Ambre Sultan, Ambre Russe, etc.. Not nearly as aggressive and flaring, this is a very soft amber, smoothened by abundant, if not overriding, doses of vanilla and tempered by something cooler, which based on the noted listed here I guess is geranium, though to me it almost smells minty at the outset.

A gentle and appeasing interpretation of amber. Not revolutionary, but hey, not everyone's born to be a superstar.
16th April, 2013

The light aqueous/botanic (and with botanic i mean slightly grassy/floral and lymphatic) first impact is the prelude to a really simplistic, comforting and graceful ambery aroma. The latter teleports me in those days of the year that in the south Italy herald the upcoming summer, days when i use to face the life with optimism at morning well "showered" by a soapy and neutral soft ambery bath foam. I detect a really affordable amber almost utterly deprived of the usual animalic ambery mould and with a balmy final evolution. I detect the patchouli for sure while the floral presence is undertermined and just watery/grassy in my feel. I agree this scent could be good to be combined as olfactory base for other concoctions. The dry down does not contain powdery woods, moss, musk or honey, just a soft, unpretentious and soapy/balmy amber with a minimal density and a touch of residual fluidity.
03rd April, 2013

Add your review of L'Eau d'Ambre

Shop for L'Eau d'Ambre products online

Shop for L'Eau d'Ambre at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L'Eau d'Ambre

Member images of L'Eau d'Ambre

There are no member images of L'Eau d'Ambre yet. Why not be the first?