Verte Violette (2000)
    by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Reviews of Verte Violette

Showing 1 to 6 of 11 reviews.
    positive 7 Positive Reviewsneutral4 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Oh_Hedgehog's avatar
    Oh_Hedgehog

More verte than violette. Within the first hour one spies a glimmer of Après L'Ondée's poignancy, when the violet, iris and heliotrope fall into step, but after this Verte Violette becomes quickly overgrown with lilacs and the drydown is sappy, musky and irritatingly prolonged. Violets and lilacs can both make for extraordinary fragrances (for example, Bois de Violette and En Passant, respectively); and the reference to Après L'Ondée is hardly something to be ashamed of. But Verte Violette feels like a very slack effort, satisfied with being conventionally pretty, and is probably best suited to people with an imagination deficit.

27 September, 2011

mnaonbn's avatar
    mnaonbn

It is perhaps the truest violet plus violet leaf perfume that I have ever sampled (and I've sampled about 20 of them).

14 May, 2011 (Last Edited: 05 May, 2012)

*bloomy*'s avatar
    *bloomy*

I desperately wanted to love this one. Violets are an absolute fave of mine, plus I adore fresh green scents. You would think it a match made in heaven.

However, it was so faint and close to my skin that I could not tell I was wearing it. Had to literally press my nose to the crook of my arm to get a whiff. I prefer to be able to smell my scents wafting around me as I move about during the day.

At any rate I'm gonna obtain another sample and douse myself again. Just trying to find something that reminds me of the violette perfume I wore when I was eight years old, it was a gift and I cannot recall what it was.

26 February, 2010

derad's avatar
    derad
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

One of my favorite fragrances. It is subtle but longlasting, tender and soft. It shows it's best on feminine skin, but i love it so much I own and wear it anyway. Violette Verte has a minimal sillage - people notice it only shortly after application ("What smells here so nicely?"), but the way it gently caresses me with it's floral veil for so long makes up for it. One of my acquaintances said "You're not wearing it, you are making love with it" :)

02 October, 2009

cutypi's avatar
    cutypi

This is a lovely, youthful and yet sophisticated fragrance. It can only be found in the L’Artisan boutique. The top note is a fresh, crisp delicate violet with a green backdrop. The middle notes are iris, vetiver and verbena – but the violet lasts through and through. It conjures up images of children dressed in church clothes playing in the garden in the spring time.

20th May, 2009

TaraYvonne's avatar
    TaraYvonne

This is far too light (although a pretty little scent), and very innocent. A quiet, shy little violet that could be worn by the youngest or oldest member of the family. It's not my thing, but it is lovely while it lasts. It is very simple, very innocent. If you like this sort of thing then you'll love it. I'm giving it a neutral rating based on the fact that it's longevity is very short and L'Artisan isn't inexpensive enough to warrant such poor staying power. The least they can do is make sure it lasts.

09 April, 2009