Jacinthe des Bois (2000)

• Availability: In Production : Limited Edition
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Reviews of Jacinthe des Bois

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.

flathorn's avatar
    flathorn

For Hyacinth lovers. it's the heady, green fragrance of a Hyacinth with hints of other spring notes. The Lily of the Valley comes through on my skin, which sharpens this fragrance, instead of mellowing it, as I would have preferred.
    For me that is a problem. It is a powerful, take-no-prisoners recreation of a floral known for filling a house with its fragrance. I can take it in moderation in the garden, but not coming off my skin. I prefer one which has more give and take with its wearer, prompting comments of "You smell nice," instead of "That reminds me of a Hyacinth I have blooming in my house".
    The opening was my favorite part, a fresh green promise that scintillated with spring air and flower beds. If it had stayed that way it would have been a walk in a dewy green morning. But it shifted fairly quickly into a steady hyacinth drone, the air and sparkle slowly seeping out of it. For hyacinth lovers this won't matter as it really is quite an accurate rendition. Its realism is noteworthy.

05 December, 2013 (Last Edited: 19 January, 2014)

cheryl's avatar
    cheryl

It's the end of January and after weeks of rain and snow I'm craving Spring. So, I dug up this sample. All of the previous reviews are accurate. The hyacinth note is raw, and pure, and a bit mysterious in that there are tints of tulip, lily, lilac, cedar, carnation, jasmine and more making up that raw note. So it's pure hyacinth...but you can smell other flowers in there if you try...it's heady and strong....but it kind of falls of the skin radar in 10 minutes. I thought it was a very fast thrill, but indeed if you press your nose to the skin the hyacinth is still there unchanged..just far more muted...... I don't really think of it as perfume as it so realistic. Your response will depend on if you truly swoon over the sharp heady green sweet hyacinth and at this time of year I'm grateful to experience this little bit of Spring.

25 January, 2011 (Last Edited: 27 January, 2011)

AnnS's avatar
    AnnS

Smells like spring! The hyacinth, quasi-lilac accord, is very prominent on this one. Smells very natural & "green". Has a bit of a fresh air accord, which may be some lily of the valley, and nice sappy green galbanum. Anyone who thinks the smell of hyacinth/lilac is overwhelming would probably not like this. It would be easy to overapply. This fragrance is glorious to wear for about two weeks a year during the height of spring flowers, after that it would be a bit much. Well done.

01st April, 2009

ubuandibeme's avatar
    ubuandibeme

More jacinthe than bois here...this hyacinth is green, fresh and raw. Much like mother natures's own presentation! If I had less experience with florals, this one would captivate me, but since floral frags do entice this nose - I've smelled Luten's and been spoiled! I'm going to suppose that Anne Flipo created this lovely scent...as her signature is delicate, and I'm reading Jacinthe des Bois as such. If you are in the market for a light, fresh, authentic floral this shouldn't disappoint. This soliflore interpretation is along the same lines as Verte Violette - also from L'Artisan, which I prefer. Thumbs up for a springtime flower ~ well done!

17 April, 2008

purplebird7's avatar
    purplebird7

Now here is an original floral--tulip and narcissus, very clear and transparent, almost watery. STrong and heady like lilac, these flowers are see-through and ephemeral. I am seeing red, purple, and green--the flowers overlaid on leaves of galbanum. It is cool, there is still snow on the ground, but their strong, waxy petals poke into the spring air on hardy stalks. This is a must-smell for floral-lovers, quite stunning

08 March, 2007

scenteur7's avatar
    scenteur7

The must beautiful, and surprisingly green and airy hyacinth scent. All three of the floral scents from this group by L'Artisan do well on my skin and none of them smell particularly floral or feminine. Bravo L'Artisan!

15 January, 2006