Piment Brūlant (2002)

PerfumerBertrand Duchaufour
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About Piment Brūlant

Piment Brūlant is a feminine perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour

Piment Brūlant fragrance notes

Reviews of Piment Brūlant

Piercing spice. Warm. Mega clove. I smell more Tonka than cocoa. Then I get mainstream vanilla. Not too much to rave over here. It's rather boring.
12th February, 2019
After reading reviews I was expecting a 'greener' fragrance, and although the opening is indeed just like a freshly cut bell or chilli pepper, after some time I get an ongoing and quite deep 'red' spicy scent. Chilli pepper and cinnamon mostly, rounded with lower notes of the cacao and dark chocolate. I find these override the amber and vanilla which seem to play a supporting role rather than being detectable to my admittedly very novice nose. I really enjoy it. I love cooking and am always happy to smell gourmands, especially unusual (to me) ones like this.
I'm not bothered about projection, I wear scents for my enjoyment, but I'll report that this one certainly doesn't shout, nor does it last all day/night. I've got a nice, well blended skin-scent now after a few hours of putting it on. I'd happily add a few more sprays next time.
I did notice a similarity with the violet/violet leaf notes in DSquared He wood cologne which I've worn a few times lately.
Altogether a very nice fragrance from a house that seems to me adventurous and creative.
05th February, 2019
While checking the notes listed in Piment Brūlant, the savoury dark chocolate spiced up by chili pepper immediately pops into my head. Unfortunately, on me the chocolate never manages to peep out. Upon application, it smells spicy, green and crisp, like many have pointed out, the freshly cut green bell pepper. I can hardly get other notes suggested. After about 4 hours, it evolves towards red chili pepper but overall it remains the same cold spicy tone which is a similar ambiance that I got from Un Jardin aprčs la Mousson.

The sillage is close to skin. The longevity is at least 6 hours. A very interesting olfactory exprience though not exactly what I expected. It's actually a versatile fragrance, fresh enough for summer, spicy enough for winter. However, it lacks something sensual to evoke a 'love' for the scent itself. I'd love to get a small bottle for my collection, but a 100ml bottle just seems an eternity to me.
10th January, 2019
in Bed (Le Lit) by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
27th December, 2018
Well, this one has me stumped. This was a free sample with purchase, one I requested specifically for its notes as I have a thing for chocolate scents. All I can say is that if I’d purchased a full bottle based on the notes, I’d be feeling pretty ripped off right about now, and pretty damn angry. I don’t get any chocolate or vanilla or amber or musk. There’s a weird, sharp note, like a crushed tomato plant stem. I get a bit of the chili pepper with a faint hint of a (very old) cinnamon stick and some dusty old cloves – ones that have escaped from the packet and have been sitting in the bottom of the spice rack forever – and that’s it. And after a couple of minutes, the scent is completely gone. I’ve re-applied three times, thinking maybe it was just weak and I needed to put on a bit more, but nope. I’d love to see what this is like on someone else, but on me, it’s just, well, nothing. I can’t even smell enough in this to make a call as to whether I like it or not – there’s just nothing there. Thinking it was maybe my skin chemistry, I asked my husband to try this one, and he could barely smell anything either, so maybe it is simply a bad sample. It’s a shame, because the notes in this all look so good. Definitely try before you buy. I’m giving this a neutral – unfair to give it a thumbs down if it is a bad sample. If I get the chance to try another sample and it’s different, I’ll update my review.
23rd October, 2016
Just because “cocoa” and “vanilla” are listed in the fragrance description doesn’t mean Piment Brulant is a sweet fragrance; there’s nothing sweet about it! In fact, I can’t smell any cocoa or chocolate OR vanilla. Not one ounce of sugary sweetness here, just a vegetable garden… FRESH vegetables. Fresh, but not in a soapy or “aqua” way. I know it has clove in it, but the clove note is so well-blended that it isn’t noticeable. Overall, a somewhat unique, although somewhat familiar, fragrance. Whatever their original intention, I give L’Artisan a Thumbs Up for duplicating the smell of a farmers market, and converting it into a surprisingly wearable fragrance.
29th August, 2014 (last edited: 20th October, 2014)

Add your review of Piment Brūlant

Shop for Piment Brūlant products online

Shop for Piment Brūlant at online perfumeries

L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR PIMENT BRULANT by L'Artisan Parfumeur

End Date: Sunday Apr-21-2019 23:33:32 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $75.32
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

L'artisan Parfumeur Piment Brulant by L'Artisan Parfumeur EDT Spray 3.4 oz Teste

End Date: Wednesday Apr-24-2019 11:14:36 PDT

100% Authentic Piment Brulant Cologne By L'Artisan Parfumeur EDT Spray 3.4

End Date: Tuesday Apr-30-2019 6:36:16 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $86.51
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

L'Artisan Parfumeur 'Piment Brulant' Eau de Toilette 3.4oz/100ml ...

End Date: Wednesday May-1-2019 5:13:36 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $82.75
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

L'Artisan Parfumeur 'Piment Brulant' Eau de Toilette 3.4oz/100ml ...

End Date: Wednesday May-1-2019 5:13:36 PDT

Piment Brulant by L'Artisan Parfumeur Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz for Men

End Date: Friday May-10-2019 14:15:02 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $77.54

Member images of Piment Brūlant

There are no member images of Piment Brūlant yet. Why not be the first?