Premier Figuier Extrême (2003)
by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Premier Figuier Extrême information

Year of Launch2003

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group
Parent Company at launchFox Paine & Company > Cradle Holdings

About Premier Figuier Extrême

Premier Figuier Extrême is a feminine perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2003

Premier Figuier Extrême fragrance notes

Reviews of Premier Figuier Extrême

Genre: Woods

Not so much “extreme” when compared to the original Primier Figuier as sweeter and tangier, Primier Figuier Extrême aligns more closely with the fig-as-fruit style of Heeley’s Figuier and Parfumerie Générale’s Jardins de Kerylos than with Giacobetti’s woody, sappy Philosykos. In fact, I’d rate Premier Figuier Extrême as the most unambiguously crisp, fruity, and floral of Giacobetti’s fig triplets. That makes it by default my favorite of the three, for as much as I admire Philosykos, there’s something overly emphatic about its milky texture that sits uncomfortably on my skin.
23rd June, 2014
This is very close to a real fig leaf. The problem with real fig leaves is that they have a hint of ash reminiscent of inhaling from an ashtray - almost makes me unable to breathe for part of a second. This, combined with the sandalwood, gives this perfume an overly smokey quality to my nose that goes all the way until the end of the dry down. I'm sure many will like it, but it's just not for me.
21st April, 2013
Premier Figuier Extreme by L'Artisan Parfumeur - Upon application, one is pleasantly treated to the sweetish greenness of fig leaves coupled with the coconutty floral of gorse flowers. This fascinating duet percolates a bit before segueing to the waiting middle. Here, in the aborning heart, a wondrous blend of galbanum, with its sour green and somewhat stemmy facets, ivy, with its pert and slightly savory character, almond milk, with its gloppy and nutty features, as well as sandalwood, with its creamy and spicy trait, gives rise to an illusion of budding figs, abounding with milky sap. Transitioning to the enhancing base, the swollen delectability of tree-ripened figs comes to fruition. A redolent, dried fruit accord, with elements of plums, apricots and peaches, commingles with the strong, camphor smell of stone pine. A hint of creamy, coconut milk flutters about to seal the illusion. A delightsome drydown ensues. This wonderful, all-season scent has good longevity, and, after an hour of radiating projection, settles to a skin scent. A truly awesome composition, it leans to the masculine side.
14th February, 2012
This green beauty reminds me of nothing more than the corner of my yard where my fig tree and grape vines coalesce, offering the tangiest pungence imaginable during the late summer. I remember reading George Washington longingly looking forward to retirement time spent under his "fig and vine"...this scent also leads me to invision the Persian Palaces of ancient times, with their fine poets, grapes and figs.

This is my "fig & vine" scent when I really want to relax and contemplate, go out to the ocean or sit under my actual fig tree with a good book. Here is depth without shock--regalness lacking the overbearing. A scent of mythical and biblical times, colonial times, and modern times. Fig Leaves first, a touch of (I had to focus on identifying this one) coconut which to me comes across as fragrant grape leaves/vines. I'm sure those who love the smell of these ripe leaves in nature will favor this scent. It is easily one of the most creative I have ever worn, although considering some of the other treasures from L'Artisan (such as the wonderful earth Dzongkha), not so much of a surprise.
09th January, 2012
Not the type of fig that I particularly go for. I prefer the fruitier, more earthy type, like in Philosykos. This fragrance opened up, smelling more floral than anything, but I did pick up on the fig immediately as well. Though it ended up being covered up by a very chalky coconut note. A fantastic natural smelling sandalwood shines in the middle, and it pretty much dries down this way. Projects pretty loudly in the first 2 hours, then calms down. Lasts a good solid 8+ hours.

I should also note that this fragrance bears a close resemblance to Black Orchid by Tom Ford, although it's a bit less loud.

This fragrance is labeled as a woman's, and rightfully so here. This is something I would wanna smell on my g/f or mom, not on myself. I also feel that the fig note gets pushed to back too quickly, there are far better choices if fig is your fancy.
13th April, 2011
This is one of my favorite fig scents. Fig notes are prominent for the first hour or so and then the coconut notes begin to kick in...also something else, I can't put my finger on it, maybe plum? Not too strong or too timid either, for me it's just right when you don't want to smell overbearing. Great for being in small spaces, like an office or at a movie.

Dec
2008
27th March, 2011

Add your review of Premier Figuier Extrême

Shop for Premier Figuier Extrême products online

Shop for Premier Figuier Extrême at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Premier Figuier Extrême

Member images of Premier Figuier Extrême

There are no member images of Premier Figuier Extrême yet. Why not be the first?