La Chasse Aux Papillons (1999)
by L'Artisan Parfumeur

La Chasse Aux Papillons information

Year of Launch1999

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerAnne Flipo
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About La Chasse Aux Papillons

La Chasse Aux Papillons is a feminine perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 1999 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Anne Flipo

La Chasse Aux Papillons fragrance notes

Reviews of La Chasse Aux Papillons

What I like best about La Chasse Aux Papillons is that it smells like a breeze wafting off some perfect spring garden. I know that so many perfumes claim this that it's a bit of a tired cliche, but of the hundreds that do, only a select few actually pull it off, and I think Chasse is the best of those few.

It's one of those perfumes that smells quite simple (mostly jasmine and orange blossom with some sort of orange-smelling resin underneath giving just a slight shot of piquancy), and as such tends to fly under the radar, but I'm convinced that this is one of the world's great perfumes. Just spritz on a little, and marvel as you spend the whole day wondering what nearby flower is making that amazing smell, and then realizing it's you!
15th April, 2015
Does no one else get the huge blast of Anise upon first spraying? I was prepared to hate this as I am not a big fan of modern White Florals with their metallic, chemical Muguet notes. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find just how much I enjoyed this. It is complex and changing; sometimes Muguet, sometimes Tea, always interesting. One of the few "fresh" fragrances I like.

Surprised that so many mention Tuberose; that I didn't get.
22nd February, 2015
Genre: Floral

A bright, uplifting white flower bouquet, including jasmine, orange flower, and some very light, sweet rose. In other words, completely true to its name.

This is the same genre as Creed’s Fleurissimo and Fantasia des Fleurs, though not nearly so fresh, and with a certain peppery edge that those two older scents lack. Pretty, wearable, but not something I find terribly exciting.
19th June, 2014
Light pleasant inoffensive summer white summer floral with jasmine and a touch of tuberose that is quite boring in spite of it's pleasantness. I get minimal silage and projection with just over two hours of longevity.
09th January, 2014
Were I more generously inclined towards white florals, I’d praise this for its light touch, with an opening tuberose that goes against its nature by politely demurring to swat the wearer on the head, the dancing interplay of calorie-controlled jasmine and orange blossom, a whisper of linden. But the sum of it all is a bit ho-hum and of the laundry room once it has settled. And as for chasing butterflies – after a few hours, there is that inevitable frustration: ‘Where did it go?’
02nd August, 2012
There’s a time of the year when I feel the need to smell this fragrance: when jasmin shrubs are starting to bloom, lindens are full of promising blossoms, the air is fizzy with scents and pollens, La Chasse aux papillons is the perfect scent, in my imagination, so I reach for my sample and dab a drop.
The opening is gorgeous, a flare of flowers - orange blossoms, jasmin, tuberose- offering their most daytime and sunny facets, glowing white and fresh and rich (an expert perfume blogger explains that this is another effect of indoles). Linden blossoms give a pleasantly soft and plastic support to the floral bouquet . As time passes, the fragrance sets mostly on tuberose on my skin, but the pleasure is disturbed by the reinforcement of the waxy and soapy notes of linden blossoms which, in the drydown make the fragrance veer towards a “laundry” feel, half used clothes, half soap… A petulant note emerges, as if the insouciant and free creature that tried to catch butterflies among white flowers has turned into someone complaining about being locked in the laundryroom!
Globally, I like it, as my recurrent use suggests, but there’s something a bit sad and despairing in the drydown- which lasts quite a while on my skin, contrary to others reviewers, so I wouldn’t give it more than neutral.
03rd May, 2011

Add your review of La Chasse Aux Papillons

Shop for La Chasse Aux Papillons products online

Shop for La Chasse Aux Papillons at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for La Chasse Aux Papillons

Member images of La Chasse Aux Papillons

There are no member images of La Chasse Aux Papillons yet. Why not be the first?