Feuilles de Tabac (2000)

Year of Launch2000

HouseMiller Harris
PerfumerLyn Harris

About Feuilles de Tabac

Feuilles de Tabac is a shared / unisex perfume by Miller Harris. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Lyn Harris

Reviews of Feuilles de Tabac

Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris is an interpretation of uncured tobacco leaves within the aromatic green genre. The initial phase is citric, slightly peppery and slightly smoky, and paired with some tobacco notes that impart a humidity to the fragrance. Things go south soon, as the composition somewhat comes apart: any spicy aspect vanishes, and the tobacco disappears as well to leave behind a woody-sweet dry down that is only slightly aromatic. The fragrance is also rather meek with soft sillage, and duration is quite fleeting.

Feuilles de Tabac comes across as a missed opportunity because of its shortcomings. A greater focus on tobacco together with a considerable increase in potency would have been much more interesting. The vintage version of Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme can be thought of as a much improved Feuilles de Tabac: unfortunately, it is almost impossible to come by now. Or, just get Havana.

2.5/5
03rd July, 2017
It's a nice little thing to wear on warmer days, really more of a citrus cologne with a bit of masculine ornamentation than a serious perfume with a masculine (or any) narrative arch. More synthetic than I recall it to have smelled years ago. In terms of tobacco, it doesn't hold a stick to my favorites by Odori and La Via del Profumo. Not worth full retail.
10th June, 2016
I first became aware of this when I bought the shaving soap, so I'm a bit surprised that it is officially described as unisex. From memory the shaving soap was a lot more Patchouli woody than the EdP, but is fairly similar. It is a nice light woody herbal. I don't find it especially Fougere, nor does it remind me of any other fragrances; certainly not Old Spice nor Havana. Not as floral as the first, not as Labdanum rich as the second. There is a vetiver greenness together with a liberal use of modern woody amber molecules. It is well blended, and lasts a reasonably long time. If I owned a chest wig I would wear this all of the time. As it is, I will wear it when I have become bored with flowers and sweet orientals. It is a perfect opposite to Agent Provocateur, or L'Heure Bleu, or Tea Rose (all of which I wear). To be perverse I should wear it with purple silk shirt, and maybe a touch of makeup; just to confuse the punters. Or maybe not.
16th November, 2015
Dry Aromatic Tobacco Leaves...

What I really love about this one, is that it takes you back to the days when fragrances were good! You know, when you smelt something and it had bite and character, the aromatic fougères and masculines of the past. This is a dark, dry, smoker's scent. I get tobacco leaves being rolled into Cuban cigars... chilli and patchoulli and pine needles, sage and other herbs, underlined with a grassy, dry tonka bean. Almost like tonka flavoured tobacco leaves made for a fine quality cigar.

I also get cloves and hot spices mixed with dry herbs. It's very aromatic, and perfect for colder weather, a great individual scent for a strong personality type. Very distinctive. It's good, it reminds me of older stuff, Old Spice etc. But it has great character and great for smokers and non-smokers alike. Well done Lyn Harris!
07th August, 2014
Feuilles de Tabac’s top notes of sharp citrus and anise segue rapidly to a realistically rendered moist pipe tobacco and dark liqueur accord that’s backed up by sweetened woods. It’s a simple and appealing accord, though unfortunately short-lived. Within a half an hour it gives way to a very conventional powdery wood and sweet amber drydown. The last episode is an anticlimax, and I really wish that the tobacco would persist for a few hours. If it did, I’d consider this a great scent, but as it is I find it disappointing.
13th June, 2014
The opening is pleasant, a bit ordinary perhaps, but masculine and contemporary: vetiver, tobacco and spices (cloves) on an amber-incense base, quite dense but fresh and aerial at the same time. Stuffed with Iso E and ambrox, but good – I like these materials so I do not mind "spotting" them, especially if they are blended with other materials to create a contemporary take on classic themes – this time, the "fougère" structure. As minutes pass it gets more and more drier, the tobacco note emerges better and more bitter, more raw and humid, and for a while I must say it is quite cool. Sadly the expectations are partially frustrated, as it then evolves in a rather inoffensive, safe drydown, surely pleasant and elegant but a bit dull – a "crowdpleaser", in short. Nice and cozy like that pair of understated sneakers you'd wear to walk the dog after dinner, worth a bargain if you happen to find it discounted. Longevity is delicate, but persistent.

6,5/10
08th May, 2014

Add your review of Feuilles de Tabac

Shop for Feuilles de Tabac products online

Shop for Feuilles de Tabac at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Feuilles de Tabac

Member images of Feuilles de Tabac

There are no member images of Feuilles de Tabac yet. Why not be the first?