Peau d'Espagne / Spanish Leather (1901)
by Santa Maria Novella

Peau d'Espagne / Spanish Leather information

Year of Launch1901

HouseSanta Maria Novella

About Peau d'Espagne / Spanish Leather

Peau d'Espagne / Spanish Leather is a masculine fragrance by Santa Maria Novella. The scent was launched in 1901

Peau d'Espagne / Spanish Leather fragrance notes

Reviews of Peau d'Espagne / Spanish Leather

Georgious scent! The vinyl sound is guite strong after opening settling down, but also the smokines then equally growing. This scent is it's best when combined with other monestrial scents like penhaligon's santorial (1:1), or with Tom Ford tuscan leather (1:1). I believe this cologne is one of the best leather scent, unfortunately it is hidden above the airport tax-free lounges!
10th February, 2019 (last edited: 12th February, 2019)
This leather is a little too much on the raunchy side for my tastes, although I appreciate its boldness.
15th December, 2017
It is a decent fragrance in the same ballpark as Givenchy Gentleman. Both are dusty, patchouli based leathers. Peau d'espagne also has added herbs for a pungent and strong opening. It is an Italian take on Peau d'espagne theme and smells quite natural.

Many reviewers call it an "old money" fragrance, which I agree. However, it is not in the same league as Knize Ten.
12th February, 2017
Stardate 20160930:

Finally a leather that smells like leather. If you go to the modern shoe shine and leather repair shops at Grand Central you will smell Peau d'Espagne.
It is the combination of leather, show polish and whatever fragrance they use.
I get a strong "paan" note which to me implies presence of rose, clove, other spices and perhaps some musk.
Much much better than K10 or russian leather.
FB for sure
01st October, 2016
The Reviews before say it all.
Masculine because it has a strong note of Dry Smoked Bacon.
My Queen can wear Cuir Mauresque and I will nibble her ear.
I'll wear this and she can nibble mine.
15th July, 2016 (last edited: 22nd July, 2016)
What a wonderfully complicated and different fragrance! I tested this fragrance for a couple of weeks in the hopes of finding a leather fragrance that could be worn in the heat of the Texas summer, and, I found it in SMN Peau d'Espagne.

Many others have reviewed the top and middle notes of this fragrance very well, I'd like to add a little on the base. After several hours of wear, the described harsh and medicinal and floral leather gives way to a rather sweet base that reminds me of buckwheat honey and hay.

In my opinion, compared to Knize Ten, SMN Peau d'Espagne is a tighter fragrance, it has a bit less going on, but to me it seems to knit together very cohesively. For hot weather, tight and cohesive works very well. For a warm to hot weather leather, this works for me very nicely. I highly recommend it.
15th July, 2016 (last edited: 21st July, 2016)

Add your review of Peau d'Espagne / Spanish Leather

Shop for Peau d'Espagne / Spanish Leather products online

Shop for Peau d'Espagne / Spanish Leather at online perfumeries

S M SM *EMPTY* Santa Maria Novella PEAU D'ESPAGNE EDC PERFUME 2 ML UNISEX

End Date: Friday Mar-22-2019 11:19:53 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $12.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

S M SM Santa Maria Novella PEAU D'ESPAGNE SPANISH LEATHER PERFUME EDC SPICE 3 ML

End Date: Tuesday Apr-2-2019 7:31:34 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $10.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Peau d'Espagne / Spanish Leather

There are no member images of Peau d'Espagne / Spanish Leather yet. Why not be the first?

Fragrances launched in the same year as Peau d'Espagne / Spanish Leather (1901)