Chinatown (2005)
    by Bond No. 9

Chinatown Fragrance Notes

Chinatown information

Launched in Spring 2005, and for the 2005 holidays, Chinatown is available in a bottle decorated with Swarovski crystal. (See image below)

Shop for Chinatown products online

Reviews of Chinatown

Showing 1 to 6 of 64 reviews.

Lyuba's avatar
    Lyuba

Reminds me a lot of vintage Magnolia by Yves Rocher, but in this case its smoky"Magnolia"
    Also a bit of tibetian incense, they have very specific smokiness in the house, completely different from indian ones - guaiac wood gives them that "prolonged in the air" feel. Everything is very relaxed, you can imagine yourself sitting near fireplace where you burn sandal instead of birch or pine..And peach tree in blossom is right near your window

I guess all fun is that something in blossom and at the same time something is burning

Overwall - love it, plus its the first Bond I ever tried.

06 February, 2014 (Last Edited: 26 March, 2014)

JackTwist's avatar
    JackTwist

To my nose, this seems to be a re-formulation of the classic ANGEL. There is a burst of peach and coconut at the opening, the latter not listed as an ingredient. The tuberose and gardenia, supported by vanilla come through next with the peach always hovering. What is very competent about the formulation is its lightness - it's as light as a breeze, and so unexpectedly, considering the weight of the white florals.

This is not unisex, it is decidedly feminine, although a man might wear it at home.

What is off-putting for me is the nasty dry background scent of guiac wood, which put me off the modern Balenciaga scents - they really overdid it with that line. Here it's very subtle, but enough to make this one I won't go back to.

The overall effect, like that of ANGEL, is having entered a scent shop at Christmas time, redolent of fruits and balsams.

13 December, 2013

sjg3839's avatar
    sjg3839

More geared for women

This is a nice scent. But, it's more geared for women. Women will love this one. I get the gardenia and orange blossom in this one. I get about 7 hours of longevity with Chinatown. It needs something more to make it a men's scent. The women will like this on a man because it's something they could see themselves wearing.

Pros: NIce feminine scent
    Cons: Not unisex

04 July, 2013

noirdrakkar's avatar
    noirdrakkar

Chinatown by Bond no 9

A very good fragrance and one of the better options of the Bond no 9. line, but it is very feminine (one of the most feminine of the line) and I don't recommend men wearing this one (at least, I opt not to wear it on myself). It's listed as unisex, but it's really a woman's perfume. It's a bit pricy, but if you can afford it, it's worth it. I would get it if I were a woman. If you are a woman (or a man looking for something for his wife), sample this. If you are a man looking for a scent you could wear, avoid this one.

30th May, 2013

SWAMIROSE's avatar
    SWAMIROSE

Oh I love it! Unique and unusual. Described as unisex but FAR from masculine. I can get away with it, maybe you can too. One spritz is enough!

15 April, 2013

phi's avatar
    phi
    New Zealand New Zealand

I wear this and I'm a guy. Not the most complex fragrance (all I get is peaches and coconut) but it still smells unique and comforting

15 February, 2013