Romance Silver Men (2003)
by Ralph Lauren

Romance Silver Men information

Year of Launch2003
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseRalph Lauren

About Romance Silver Men

An update to the 1998 original featuring fresh-spicy suede notes.

Reviews of Romance Silver Men

A mandarin opening with fruity grape and woodsy element is quite interesting; it lasts on my skin for about an hour. It is followed by a drydown that qualifies as disappointing at the best: a synthetic violet with very generic wood and musk notes - dull at best. After the beginning this is quite forgettable. Poor silage, limited projection and four hours of longevity - overall mediacre and unexciting.
31st October, 2014
Permanently borrowed this from my father when I was a young teenager, but it should have stayed in his collection! What was I thinking when I put this on at that age? This scent is woody (to my nose: cedar) as all get out, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Poor to average longevity and sillage. A good smell more suited towards matured fellows in my opinion.
03rd July, 2014
Very sophisticated, smells like there is quite a bit going on. I usually wear at night time. Compliment getter, both sexes. Found my 1.7 at a TJ Maxx, which I guess they were at about a year ago or so. Not a everyday type, at least for myself.
24th December, 2012
Light, flowery oriental? Fougère with violets and wood? It is difficult to pinpoint exactly, but I perceive a sweet but dry fragrance with a melancholic tinge and a tiny bit of old school powerhouse in it. It's a bit unsophisticated, synthetic and linear, but I give it a thumbs up because it brings me into a pleasant, trance-like state that keeps me sampling it again and again. And again.
04th September, 2012
Very cool, fresh, lasts long enough. If you like mint or some like that you should try this.
11th July, 2012
A subtle, manly, synthetic smelling cypress fragrance. I probably wouldn't have swapped this off if I didn't get a sour note for the first hour or so. The opening is what makes or breaks the fragrance for me. Although the dry down in this is quite nice. Very very reminiscent of Gucci by Gucci.

The opening evokes some strange sour green accord, perhaps basil or tomato leaf? It's much like that in Paris Hilton Just Me, if ya know Just Me, you will understand what I'm referring to. It's basically what ruins Just Me. As it does the same to Romance Silver.

Wait about and hour or so though, and it transforms into a subtle, slightly sweet violet, tobacco leaf and wood blend; which in theory is basically 'cypress'. It sits pretty close to the skin at this point, and is completely gone within 6 hours. It will do better on clothing though, but you may get the sour note lingering for a while.
19th February, 2011

Add your review of Romance Silver Men

Shop for Romance Silver Men products online

Search Amazon for Romance Silver Men

Member images of Romance Silver Men

There are no member images of Romance Silver Men yet. Why not be the first?

Romance Silver Men News