Style In Play (2004)

SupplierFirmenich
PackagingLutz Herrmann
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About Style In Play

In 2002, Procter & Gamble launched their first Lacoste fragrance since acquiring the license. Two years on, and a new masculine Lacoste scent is launched - apparently called 'Style in Play', though the bottle just says 'Lacoste'.
Aimed at a younger market to Lacoste pour Homme, the new scent contains notes of jasmine and musk.

Style In Play fragrance notes

Reviews of Style In Play

This is a very unique masculine fragrance. There is a certain note in it that adds a twist. It is sort of an odd fragrance. But I really mean odd in a good way. Most of my colognes lean towards being unisex. I would say this is more masculine. But the masculine side does not hurt it a bit. I love it!

Lonnie
11th September, 2016

Lonnie
19th August, 2016
Not the best or part of my top 10 summer list but still a decent scent compared to many fresh sporty colognes out there.
08th April, 2016
Style in Play is a nice spring/summer fragrance that is dominated by green apple. Initially I notice the apple and musk in the background. The apple note lasts quite awhile actually, more than most top notes do, but eventually I can smell some jasmine, but not much. On the dry down I get a pretty standard patchouli, vetiver mix. All in all Style in Play is a nice, simple fragrance that is inexpensive, lasts a good amount of time and produces a nice range of sillage - not too overpowering or soft. Good for anyone who has decided to begin wearing a fragrance, as it's not overly complicated. I wouldn't likely purchase this for myself, but I would wear it if someone bought it for me. I acquired my bottle in a trade for a fragrance I didn't like. Anyway, not great, but pretty good.
15th May, 2014
Tony T Show all reviews
A simple fresh scent

A solid beginner's cologne. nice apple up front and not really much else. Aimed at the younger crowd if it was released now it would be a top seller. I like it but hardly wear it..

Pros: good smell
Cons: synthetic"

22nd August, 2013
Suddenly got old.

I got through 2 bottles of this, well, 1 and 3/4, before I hated it and threw the remainder in the bin.

First of all I loved it, it has a fruity fragrance, very 'appley' which dries down to a slightly fruity marine fragrance, very typical of most scents aimed at youngsters.

Then it started giving me a bit of a headache and got relegated to the work drawer, used only when I felt like a quick freshen up before leaving for home. Then I couldn't stand it even for that. One of my colleagues described the scent as 'gone-off apple Tango'.

I guess as I matured I no longer enjoyed the very young and fruity scent and hated the fact it lacks any sort of class.

You may like it if you are <20 years old but beware you will grow to hate it. I gave it 2.5 stars purely because I used to love it but anybody in search of a fruity fragrance could go much better even in the Lacoste range.

30th May, 2013

Add your review of Style In Play

Shop for Style In Play products online

Shop for Style In Play at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Style In Play

Member images of Style In Play

There are no member images of Style In Play yet. Why not be the first?

Style In Play News