B*Men (2004)

PerfumerJacques Huclier
PackagingThierry Mugler
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About B*Men

A new "super-hero" in Mugler's men's range. After A*Men comes B*Men. Basenotes was disappointed that A*Men's partner wasn't called D*Men. It would have been a nice 'play' on good and evil -- A(ngel)*Men Vs D*Men (Demon). Oh well!
The scent was inspired by A*Men, and the bottle is exactly the same, but khaki/red instead of silver/blue. A new classic? We'll have to wait and see.
Basenotes' review copy of B*Men was supplied by Escentual

B*Men fragrance notes

Reviews of B*Men

Before the flurry of excellent A*Men flankers that came out in recent years (i.e. Ultrazest, Pure Malt, Pure Tonka, Pure Coffee, etc.) came Thierry Mugler's B*Men. I originally was not too keen on B*Men, but I have revised my estimate of this fragrance from neutral to thumbs up!

B*Men retains the gourmand quality of its older brother; the chocolate-coffee notes, though not mentioned in the fragrance note triangle, are present - though not as strong as the original. The real treat of this scent is the spiciness, resembling red pepper flakes and cinnamon. The mysterious "sequoia" note adds the faint woodiness, with a slight tang provided by the interesting rhubarb.

I give this scent its props for courageously offering an alternative to the wildly popular A*Men. In its time over a decade back, it was the only flanker on the shelf; I was naturally curious about B*Men in that way. Nowadays, there's a dizzying number of A*Men flankers! (I wonder, is A*Men Le Gôut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance a scent that attempts to mimic B*Men, with the emphasis on spiciness?)

Didn't like it at first, but now I give a healthy thumbs up for this gem. Can't believe it's discontinued!
16th December, 2016 (last edited: 17th March, 2017)
This is much better than my initial thoughts after trying it out more than once. Has expected nice chocolate/coffee notes but also has a traditional, clean, refined men's fragrance feel to it. Imagine being in a coffee shop waiting for your order when you catch a whiff of a nice men's fragrance, maybe from a passer-by...its kinda like that. On my skin, it doesn't project like original A*men, which is good, but longevity is good, lasts all day.
09th December, 2016
Pecota Show all reviews
B*Men is a very slightly tart and woody rhubarb that's light enough to be worn in the summer, but shines brightest in the fall weather paired with a nice warm sweater. Testing blind I'd never make the connection to A*Men or the other flankers that followed, this seems like something completely different (and much more up my alley).
29th September, 2016
I was looking for a replacement scent for my bottle of Armani Attitude and this scent was mentioned several times.

I was able to get a gift set from Groupon to test this out. The first time I spayed this I HATED IT!!! All I smelled was a sickly sweet Rhubard smell that I first thought smelled like licorice.

I tried it again on my skin after a shower and the Licorice dissipated quicker and dried down to a lovely and spicy fragrance that I have since fallen in love with. This is my GO to cologne for nights out.

My wife asked "What are you wearing" I asked her if she liked it... SHE LOVED IT. I had a neighbor bury her head into my chest and tell her husband he needed to buy some!

This is a "MANS" cologne and a nice break from all the fruity and powdery colognes that have invaded the market for the metro crowd.
01st December, 2015
Thumb way up and folks, that is not licorice but rhubarb.

Great fragrance that is UNIQUE, even if you do not like it you have to admit it is different.

WARM, Gourmand and made for cooler and evening wear.

Embracing notes that give you that Home-made dish favorite aroma.
16th November, 2015
Salutation.

Another Star in THIERRY MUGLER Sky. It has a Special Warmth like A*Men Furthermore it is More Romantic and Modern than it However i Still Prefer A*Men. This one is Full of Style with a Sensuous Scent. Masculine,Powerful, Warm,Sophisticated,Seductive and Sweet but not sticky sweet.

Leather,Vanilla and Spice mingle with Violet&Musk Leaves and Makes a Composition that is Unmistakable virile. The leather note in B*MEN is not Overpowering or Harsh but is more of a supple Leather that works alongside the Vanilla to create a very impressive fragrance.

This Alluring Oriental is Appropriate for a Romantic Evening like a Romantic Dinner with Your Wife.quite Suitable for a Passionate Character in Winter. If you are Looking makes a Beautiful Impression in HOT moments B*MEN is Your Pal!

Sillage?Nice.

Longevity?Not Superb Like A*Men but it is Good on my skin.

7.5/10
18th April, 2015

Add your review of B*Men

Shop for B*Men products online

Shop for B*Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for B*Men