Original Vetiver (2004)

118ml EdP
    118ml EdP
    75ml Cologne

Reviews of Original Vetiver

Showing 1 to 6 of 147 reviews.

Emoe's avatar

My favourite Creed

Yes its got a starting smell of soap, but it really doesnt linger hard, kinda just blends into the other aromas.

For me, the resulting aroma i am left with is absolutely lovely, that said im a vetiver lover!

The sillage is really good, and longevity is great, definently worth a try in my book.

19 July, 2014

Unvisible's avatar

Wash a car on a hot summer day. Dump out water with soap and suds into freshly cut grass. Urinate on the soap soaked grass. Original Vetiver.

05 July, 2014

rbl1990's avatar

The opening note is a blast of citrus/lemon grass/citronella. Some people tell me this note smells like bug spray and others are obsessed with the freshness. Reminds me a lot of Acqua di Parma Colonia. I tend to always be hot and where other colognes come out super strong but then fade away quickly, Original Vetiver has staying power. 1 spray on the back of my neck lasts a solid 6 hours! Most I've ever used was 3 sprays (back of neck, lower chest, 1/2 on back of knees) and it started to be cloying.

I'm in my 20's and my gf (22) loves this smell! I'd say some scents are definitely for the matured crowd, this is not one in my opinion. JFK sported it and wooed Marilyn Monroe...end of story (look it up!).

Other than it being the only "vetiver heavy" cologne I have, it is the biggest "change up" in smell in my collection.

03 July, 2014

Tmoran's avatar

This one often gets compared to Thierry Mugler cologne. I see how people will make the comparison but honestly while they share similarities I feel creed makes the better fragrance. Well to be clear it really depends on your age. If your over 30, go for the creed. It has a richer deeper and slightly darker tone. its fresh but has depth. There is a soapy quality but with a much greener tone as compared to TMC. TMC on the other hand to me is for the younger crowd who can appreciate what the creed fragrance is but doesnt feel it lends itself well to someone of their age. In other words its for those who like Original Vetiver but feel its too mature for them to wear in public. TMC thought to me is a much lighter, cleaner and is even more soapy. Dare I say that the creed just smells more complex and of higher quality. IMHO all creed fragrances share the same basic DNA. You know creed when you smell it. Just like a well tailored suit VS something off the Mens warehouse rack. If you have the nose to appreciate the finer things Original Vetiver is worth the extra money and can be had for a decent price if your patient.

16 May, 2014

rogalal's avatar

Candy-sweet neroli with vetiver underneath, giving it a fresh-grass feeling. There's a salty, oceanic undertone, but it's too "green" to be "aquatic". Comparisons to Mugler Cologne are apt (worn side by side, they smell almost the same for the first half an hour or so), but the bases set them apart. While Mugler deteriorates down to weird spermy soap, Original Vetiver ends up hours later as a captivating mix of vetiver and bready tonka, with long-lasting neroli keeping up the sweetness while a quiet smudge of ambrox provides a thick richness to everything. No points for originality, and this is a fairly easy target for Creed haters, but the quality is definitely there.

Oh, and Original Vetiver performs best on incredibly hot days, the kind that wipe out most perfumes. It really sings in the heat...

16 April, 2014

onethinline's avatar

I'm a big vetiver fan (love my Vetiver Extraordinaire, Sycomore, Guerlain, Dior), and particularly from having worn Dior Vetiver a lot, I'm "tuned in" to that clear expression of the root and guess what? It's absolutely there in Original Vetiver. It may not dominate, but it's a crucial part of the fresh-green structure.

I've generally dismissed Creed, as many of their scents to me rely too heavily on common aroma chemicals (particularly dihydromyrcenol), and I just don't get a clear superiority in their ingredients to justify the prices. However, I'm impressed with OV. I've been longing for a light, affable "green" fragrance that didn't smell like a chemical mess (we all know that horrible artificial "green" note that wafts around these days) -- something like vetiver but not necessarily with all that smoky rooty-ness (which I do love). OV fits the bill.

Also worth noting is what for me is a vivid lemongrass note in the beginning, supported by ginger, then eventually softened with florals (iris?). At no point do I get overt synthetics cheapening the experience. If this is what easy-going and fresh and fun can smell like, sign me up!

06 April, 2014

Add your review of Original Vetiver

Search for on eBay United States

CREED ORIGINAL VETIVER 2.5ml .08 oz Women & Men Parfum sample Vial New X 1
    • Time Left: 8 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    ORIGINAL VETIVER BY CREED EDP ONE - 0.05 OZ., 1.5 ML. DAB ON SAMPLE AWESOME!
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 1 Bid(s)
    HIGHEST BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    Creed Original Vetiver 2.5 ml /0.08 oz / 1 PC Sample Vial for Men (NEW IN CARD)
    • Time Left: 3 days
    Creed Original Vetiver 2.5 ml .08 oz Sample Vial for Men 1pc
    • Time Left: 5 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Creed Original Vetiver 4.0 EDP Sp Men (Tester)
    Creed Original Vetiver 5ml sample travel spray aventus tom ford niche edp