Original Vetiver (2004)

HouseCreed
PerfumerErwin Creed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Original Vetiver

Original Vetiver is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Erwin Creed

Original Vetiver fragrance notes

Reviews of Original Vetiver

My first Creed fragrance and a blind buy. Believe the soap comments when you read them. It does smell like soap. I was pretty irked at first. But then I gave it some time, and with that said, it smells like a beautiful, powerful, green, gingery, ultra-fresh soap that you want to smell like.

Personally I love it.

The vetiver is there but you really have to be on the lookout for it. Very subtle. The "vetiver in name only" reviews are fairly accurate.

It's a great performer which is a must for me. It lasts all day on me.

Scent:9/10
Longevity:9-10/10

27th April, 2017
pjr Show all reviews
Puerto Rico
It smells good. Clean, fresh, soapy and citrusy I can compare this to an "original barbershop scent" or some sport soaps that smell "fresh".

Even though, I don't think this is a unique scent because of the comparisons above mentioned, which can smell like some common soap for men or shave products, hence my neutral rating.

If you like to smell clean and fresh kind of an "after shower scent", it smells like a good quality one and has a good longevity. Not sure about projection as I only sampled this on a teststrip, yet my room smells like it, so I assume its quite strong.
18th April, 2017
Clean, smooth, herbal, fresh green vetiver scent done right!

Creed's Original Vetiver speaks for itself with its very classy quality - like the smell of honeysuckle with dew on grass on a cool morning. Lasts a LONG time on me, without becoming offensive. Has a mildly soapy sensation suggested greatly by scents like Gendarme V and Thierry Mugler Cologne.

Whereas Creed's Bois du Portugal explores the spicy side of classy vetiver scents, Original Vetiver centers on the crisp and fresh floral side. The boutique-quality maceration process is unmistakable.

A much more affordable type of this scent would be Eau de Vetyver by L'Occitane, without the floral crispness. Definitely a "gourmet" vetiver scent that is worth checking out (if not in sample form initially).
05th February, 2017
This is just a first impressions Review. Haven't tested for more than two hours. But I find the initial scent smells like juicing your own green juice with lemons and celery, ginger and other greens. This ginger smells like real ginger as your juicing it! Incredibly fresh, As it dries down I can understand the soap comments. I can't really explain it. But soap dried on your hands is close enough. Then after half hour I can barely even smell a skin scent. Its like Iam inosmic to it. But I do enjoy this scent. Don't regret buying it, it's winter here too so I'll try it more in the summer I think. But the freshness of the notes is crazy, I've been dissapointed in this fragrance game when I find out how certain notes smell in colognes. I thought the ginger in this would ruin it for me. But it's bang on real ginger. Very natural smell. I smell quality in this juice.
20th January, 2017
A blast of fresh green...... followed by clean soap and talc.. very natural. The vetiver lingers quietly. Makes you feel right out of the shower. Old school. Barbershop. It projects like a beast and lasts all day. I love it. My wife convinced me to buy it. I'm glad I listened. During warm months, I wear it alone. In winter, I combine it with Green Irish Tweed. Amazing.
20th January, 2017
Like many vetiver perfumes this one is vetiver in name only, the title aromatic being notable by its absence. If I bought a bottle of ginger beer and it turned out to be lemonade, I would be entitled to complain, but one has to make allowances for perfumes. It does in fact have a pleasant lemony-citrus aspect, together with a goodly dose of galaxolide or similar white musk, probably some ambergris too. I fancy there may be a trace of musk ketone or something very similar, an old fashioned chemical scent which I don't personally like at all, but it's not enough to put me off. Similarly I can't work up enormous enthusiasm for the sweet incense like aspect, similar to Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet, which is detectable in the drydown. The overall effect however is pleasantly clean and soapy, in the same general area as that very traditional gentleman's fragrance, Monsieur de Givenchy. I also like the bottle with its graduated tint. The only thing against this otherwise excellent product is the price - regrettably it's a shade more expensive than lemonade.
26th November, 2016 (last edited: 11th December, 2016)

Add your review of Original Vetiver