Original Vetiver (2004)

Year of Launch2004

PerfumerErwin Creed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Original Vetiver

Original Vetiver is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Erwin Creed

Original Vetiver fragrance notes

Reviews of Original Vetiver

As fresh as a Perfume can get, this one is a timeless classic. But try and and pick up the Thierry Mugler Cologne, as that one is almost identical and 70-80 Euros less in price.

The grassy natural aromatic smell never lets me down. The opening blast smells like soap as others have said, but a few minutes after that it becomes real art. I would describe this one as very green, grassy, fresh and royal. This is not a scent like your daily Armani code or Sauvage. This bottle is filled with art and uniqueness.

Definitely would advise using this in the winter and summer, but it's in the winter where this one stands out.

It's not for everyone to wear though, you gotta be an admirer of green scents and less sweeter ones ;).

Scent: 8.9/10
Longevity: 8.0/10
Sillage: 8.0/10
23rd February, 2018
Soapy clean and fresh. Good amount of green citrus upfront and does remind me of Mugler Cologne. The drydown really doesn't change much on my skin.

Feels pretty universal because it's so clean. Refined or casual wear seems appropriate. I think it would be just fine in colder months but it's probably better in warmer weather.

Average projection and longevity.
21st January, 2018
There's an extremely fleeting zip of lime on first application before this settles into many hours of barbershop & soap. Initially I was ok with this, particularly the way the vetiver is kept under control. But by hour two I found the ginger just overwhelming and, in combination with the soapiness, a little nauseating. After four or five hours this fades and there's a warmer, dryer gentler skin-scent phase that's quite nice, but it's too late by then. Not for me.
26th November, 2017 (last edited: 04th December, 2017)
Vetiver reduced
With the aid of soapy musks
To freshness itself.
17th October, 2017
Right off the bat I smell the fresh lime and lemon. I like it. There's something there that's cardboard. It dried out and I still definitely smell it. I don't know what the projection will be like, but the longevity is good so far. Update. Longevity lasted about 4hrs. I had high hopes for my first Creed. Unfortunately, my quest for a juice that lasts all day continues. Longevity average. Projection average. Nobody commented
Try #2. Unremarkable juice. First impressions are correct
15th July, 2017
I love this fragrance so much. It just smells so CLEAN. I mean REALLY clean. Imagine taking a handful of grass. I mean the most beautiful grass you have ever smelt. From some sort of Swiss mountain meadow in the middle of summer. You squeeze the juice from this grass and then add the most beautiful smelling clean soap and give it a mix. You now have OV. I can't see for the life of me how anyone could not enjoy this one. Massive thumbs up from me!!
10th July, 2017