Original Vetiver (2004)

Year of Launch2004

PerfumerErwin Creed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Original Vetiver

Original Vetiver is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Erwin Creed

Original Vetiver fragrance notes

Reviews of Original Vetiver

I love creed ,that being said ...I have been trying out various creeds as samples before committing to a bottle or bottle(s) hence in that quest I happen to test Original Vetiver....the first thing you notice is an uplifting green -fresh out of shower smell.. emanating from the top notes of bergamot & mandarin...which stays for quite some time and then it settles down into a vetiver greenish base ..I couldn't really pick any ginger but could smell a faint spice .maybe that's because of the ginger spice ..but the overall dominate feel is a green / vetiver scent and I couldn't help but notice that it would be rather mood enhancing during summers when u are looking for respite from the heat outside ...and the heat I am referring to is humid heat excess of 90 degree F
one smell that you take will transport you to a green valley away from the heat ...and that's what its biggest strength is : Mood enhancer ...
I haven't worn it regularly hence I cant really talk about projection and sillage but knowing the reputation of creed I don't think this would be found wanting in those criterions as well.
I Recommend this for a summer wear and when you need to uplift your mood with some natural smelling vetiver which is light and green !
20th August, 2015
Original Vetiver has quickly become one of my staples for work. It is such a fresh, clean scent that fits the professional setting appropriately. Upon initial application, I get a fresh citrus aroma. To my nose it smells like lemons (likely from the bergamot). This lemon citrus mixes extremely well with the ginger to give it hints of zest. The lemony zest is just so refreshing, especially during the warmer months. The citrus fades just a bit (although it does not disappear entirely) as the heart of the fragrance emerges. In my humble opinion the heart of this fragrance is absolutely exquisite and my favorite aspect of the scent. I get this slightly seductive dry/grassy/earthy aroma with the lemon zest lingering in the background. This dry/grassy/earthy smell I attribute mostly to the vetiver, but the sandalwood may be a key player as well. What’s amazing about this fragrance is that the freshness remains throughout the life of the scent. Even in the late stages of the dry down stage, the fragrance still emanates this freshness that keeps me refreshed all day long!

As for performance, I consider it above average, overall. Not a fragrance that will overpower other scents, but it maintains a daring aura. Projection and sillage are both average on my skin. Never really gets too far away from me. Longevity, however, is excellent. On my skin, this fragrance lasts > 8 hours. Even after a long workday, I can still get hints of this amazing fragrance!

Compliments for this fragrance are few and far between. By observing the reactions of the people around me when I wear this fragrance, I’ve noticed it lacks a WOW factor. But compliments are NOT the BE-ALL & END-ALL in regards to fragrances :) This is still an amazing fragrance that elicits confidence and a wonderful feeling of freshness. Certainly a must try from the House of Creed!
16th August, 2015
Original Vetiver remains, by some distance, the best fragrance I've smelled from the house of Creed. It is fresh, green, grassy and soapy. It opens up on the skin a very vibrant green fresh fragrance. About thirty minutes into the application it starts to emit the most gorgeous wafts I've ever encountered in any fragrance. This sensual experience continues into the drydown, where it becomes soft, alluring and vaguely musky.

Vetiver is the major player in this fragrance. But as with Creeds, this vetiver comes from the stem of the vetiver grass rather than its roots, which lends the fragrance the fresh green aroma. There is some ginger to add some zing and mild spiciness. And there is some sandalwood to provide a rounded feel. Overall it smells utterly delightful.

In summer, this is usually what I'd choose to wear over everything else.
08th March, 2015
Better than Creed Vetiver but still lousy for the price. Ginger and sandalwood is more prominent than the vetiver.

This review is for Vetiver not Original Vetiver.
23rd November, 2014 (last edited: 13th December, 2014)
Vetiver is subtle and fleeting. Overall composition: The soap beside grandmas bathroom sink.
04th November, 2014
I love vetiver, especially vetiver fragrances that smell like vetiver. Fresh, soapy, boring, not at all earthy.
06th September, 2014

Add your review of Original Vetiver

Shop for Original Vetiver products online

Shop for Original Vetiver at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Original Vetiver

Member images of Original Vetiver

There are no member images of Original Vetiver yet. Why not be the first?