Magnetism for Men (2004)
    by Escada

Magnetism for Men Fragrance notes

Schinus, Brazilian peppertree, Saffron, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Leather, Amber crystals, Tolu balsam, Musk

Magnetism for Men information

The first men's Escada scent since 2002's Sentiment for Men. One of the notes is Schinus, which supposedly is an aphrodisiac.

Reviews of Magnetism for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 83 reviews.

seekritdude's avatar
    seekritdude

Just ok

This is a strange one. I enjoyed smelling it on other people back in the day, and after I started collecting cologne to a extent I picked up a mini. Unfortunately on my skin the beginning of this fragrance is... disgusting. When trying to smell deep into the fragrance to really enjoy it myself there is something that smells like pizza grease covered cardboard. I cant think of any other way to describe it. In small wiffs and from a distance its ok, but any closer and it smells like garbage. Once it starts to dry down its alright, and although I dont get a grape soda per say which seems to be the normal thought on this fragrance, I can see where they are coming from to an extent. To me its almost like a dry piece of plastic with some grape juice on it. Im not sure how else to describe it. Its not bad, but not great either. I assume this fragrance mixing strangely with peoples skin chemistry is why it was discontinued. As I said on others ive smelt it before and its alright. But me, man something doenst mix right. Compliment wise from myself personally its only ok at best, ive had people tell me they like it, and ive had people tell me they though it was gross. It does smell nice from the bottle though. Projection and longevity are always hard to gauge, but in general ive gotten good longevity at least and can definitely still pick up small hints of it 10 hours later at times. Bang for your buck as is, its awful so ill give it a lower rating then it might be at a more reasonable price.

Pros:
    Cons: Bizare opening depending on skin chemistry. "

24 October, 2013

manicboy's avatar
    manicboy

Weird, dissonant and neither compelling nor throwaway. That grape meets tobacco meets amber note you smell is tolu balsam. Very uncommon in scents these days. Unfortunately, it doesn't work well with saffron and the other junk they threw in here. The allusions to Cherry Coke are well noted. But I like to drink Cherry Coke, not wear it.

22 April, 2013

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

In the same clan (despite some notable differences) with the various hyper synthetic/sensual Le Male, One Million, L.Lempicka Au Masculine, Body Kouros (despite its incensey background), Luna Rossa Prada, Black Soul Ted Lapidus, V&A Midnight in Paris, 212 Sexy Man Herrera etc, etc, Magnetism For Men is a mysterious talky fresh/warm ambery fragrance with all that amount of spices (pepper and nutmeg i suppose) fruits (secret berries??), watery musk/lavender, resinous plants, dark woods and balsams. The dry down (some talk about a cola sticky vibe and i agree about it) is supremely talky with soapy and leathery (suede) accents and could be undeniably appealing to the younger teenagers crowds. What is really appreciable about this fragrance is that the sweetness is utterly under control and never cloying, on the other side the juice, in spite of its appeal, is too much close to a sort of bath foam or to a talky deodorant kind of style. Not bad, indeed one of those better appointed in its genre.

10th January, 2013

mlsweeney's avatar
    mlsweeney

One of my favorite openings of the fragrances I've tried. Starts out with almost a grape soda type opening but quickly converts into a cola scent. Yes, it leans more towards the synthetic side but in this case it pulls it off quite well. The projection and longevity leave something to be desired but I'll occasionally get a great amount of projection out of it. If it wasn't so spotty this would get a much higher rating. Since it is discontinued, I wouldn't pay the price to acquire it again given the quality of the juice but I would buy it for the right price.

8.3/10

19 December, 2012

thatsmr2usir's avatar
    thatsmr2usir

I suppose all good things must come to a end right? I have had a love affair with this fragrance since it first came out. It was ( at that time ) stunning & a attention grabber. Sure it has a grape vibe to it, sure it smells of vanilla coke, sure it is sweet. But it is good. Several things that bothered me about this fragrance was it's lack of projection which on me was not much. Also longevity is not great either but acceptable for a concentration such as this. It would be better if it lasted 10+ hours.

I have sadly out grown this particular fragrance as it reminds me of young, juvenile, horny teenagers who are looking to bounce on anything they can. That is not so bad right? Well it can be once you are older & you mature. Magnetism always got me compliments whenever I wore it but as of late, it was doing nothing for me so I sold my bottle to a friend who loves it.

I will always have fond memories of this fragrance & the times we spent together. But it is time to move on to other things. Magnetism smells like it easily could have been a 90's creation to my nose. Just young, fun stuff! Enjoy it while it last.

29 November, 2012

RM84e's avatar
    RM84e

To me this fragrance smells exactly like Clinique Clarifying lotion. I too pick up on the vanilla coke/women's makeup smell. Not a pleasant smell for me personally, and definitely feminine.

20th November, 2012