Magnetism for Men (2004)

PerfumerMichel Almairac
SupplierRobertet
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > Wella > Cosmopolitan Cosmetics

About Magnetism for Men

The first men's Escada scent since 2002's Sentiment for Men. One of the notes is Schinus, which supposedly is an aphrodisiac.

Reviews of Magnetism for Men

Saffron!! Can't go wrong with that as a note in a scent! Quite a nice watery, tangy, sexy scent by Escada.

Was skeptical at first, smelling it off of a testing strip in a store versus wearing it directly; the latter is far more informative and accurate for me, as the testing strip doesn't do it justice versus beholding it on my skin. And I sometimes get the impression of this one smelling a bit like Coca Cola (in a good way!!), a quality that made Dark Obsession by Calvin Klein such a favorite of mine.

It is a scent for 20-30 somethings, IMO. Discontinued but worth a sample.
18th March, 2017
Weird scent that basically gave me a headache every time I wore it. A jumble of spice, musk maybe some hint of tobacco and sandalwood... nothing spectacular in my opinion. Escada has better scents than this and for the current discontinued online price I would not bother. Try before you buy.
05th August, 2016
I get the grape from the opening but it quickly settled down into a Versace Dreamer like scent....so much so that I'm questioning the sample I received.
20th January, 2016
Salutation.

I am not a fan ESCADA colognes but truly it was A surprise for me!A very ROMANTIC scent.It is Great affection. Seductive in a modest Way.

It is quite strong at the begining. Dramatic and Artistic.I love the Sweet and Powdery notes in it.A little heavy for Summer days.I wore this one in SPRING/AUTUMN Evenings.Becoming for ROMANTIC moments.

Wonderful to wear when you have become a bit tired of more bold and daring your colognes.In my opinion EM is a Nice scent an Excellent choice for present as it is not so generic or to lack personality.

SILLAGE?Great,like more Oriental Woody fragrances.

LONGEVITY?Second Surprise this one for me.Very Good.

7.5/10
15th May, 2015
Another peculiar, distinctive and quite appealing forgotten mainstream gem. The opening of Magnetism says it all already; a bittersweet, wine-ish, syrupy fruity accord, but with a peculiar sort of abstract, translucid texture, shiny and slightly “outdatedly modern” like the box itself (not sure when it was the last time I saw a holographic packaging...); something like grapefruit basically, posed on a balmy, velvety base of black suede, nutty notes, amber, vanilla, incense and clean, creamy, powdery notes (of violet?). Overall it’s quite on the sweet side, but also dark, weirdly “gothic” almost. Quite nondescript if you ask me, in a totally positive meaning: you definitely get Almairac’s taste for “softness” and his ability to make powdery-creamy notes play with darker-bitter ones, colouring them here with a red-violet-black palette. Magnetism can be defined as a powdery- ambery-balmy-fruity Oriental, but what’s fascinating is how it changes its look; you sniff it once, and it smells playful, sweet, fruity and velvety; you smell it again, and it appears dark, drier, austere, a contemporary gothic. With a carnal vein of wine coming and going. The balmy-woody notes are deep and pleasant: discreet, nutty, much aromatic and slightly spicy-medicinal – a bit “Coca Cola”, shortly. This woody-nutty-medicinal-ambery axe may make you think of early M7; even if Magnetism is overall completely different, I think they share a common ground to this extent. The wine feel may instead remind you of several Frapin scents, and if you’re a fan of that brand, chances are you’ll like this. The drydown is gentle and more focused on amber, vanilla, balmy-cashmere woods with a hint of powderiness. Really peculiar, classy, distinctive. Just a slight tad tacky perhaps, but... who cares for once. It’s creative and smells great: give it a chance!

7,5-8/10
07th March, 2015
Genre: Oriental

Magnetism goes on sweet, and does in fact remind me of vanilla Coke – but only for a moment. Mercifully, it is not as syrupy or “foody” as either A*Men or Le Male, both of which I find too bombastic to wear. Magnetism very soon becomes intensely floral, with spicy and powdery notes in the background. It’s kept from smelling precious by a very forward animalic musk, which I suspect accounts for Magnetism’s reputation as a sexually suggestive scent.

A dusky amber joins the sweet floral notes at Magnetism’s heart, while the powdery note resolves into a smooth sandalwood. The much-discussed saffron note in Magnetism is extremely subtle to my nose. There’s just enough to give the sweeter spices a sharp edge. With all the talk about grape jelly I was worried that Magnetism would reveal the nasty, synthetic “Jolly Rancher” hard candy note that ruins many new designer scents for me. Luckily for me I haven’t found it here. Magnetism holds out for several hours before settling into it’s well executed, if not very original drydown of powdery musk, amber, vanilla and woods.

Unlike many previous reviewers I don’t find Magnetism shocking, or even challenging. Amidst the shelves full of castrated clean scents and sugary gourmand goo, Magnetism comes as a relief, but it won’t displace Guerlain’s Habit Rouge or Boucheron’s Jaïpur Homme EdP among my favorite spicy sweet orientals.
19th June, 2014

Add your review of Magnetism for Men

Shop for Magnetism for Men products online

Search Amazon for Magnetism for Men

Member images of Magnetism for Men

There are no member images of Magnetism for Men yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Magnetism for Men