Ghost Man (2004)

SupplierFragrance Resources
Parent CompanyShaneel Enterprises Ltd > Designer Parfums
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > Wella > Cosmopolitan Cosmetics

About Ghost Man

Ghost Man is a masculine fragrance by Ghost. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Bourdon

Ghost Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Ghost Man

Banana and spice. Smells ok, but some floral ruins it. The spice and banana sweetness is ok, but it is too cloying for me. drydown hints of bubblegum, yuck.
26th January, 2013 (last edited: 27th January, 2013)
I remember buying this when I was 18 from Boots thinking it was the bee's knees. It was clearly because i couldn't afford Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male.

The packaging is clean and simple.

The smell was something resonant of burnt sugar crossed with Gucci Rush pour femme. I don't know why I like this, I really am unsire of why I bought it in the first place.
It was OK, but I would not entertan it again.

We've both moved on.....
30th May, 2011
Quite sweet at first, and a bit spicy.
Gets very sugary, floral, and a bit metallic.
Precious, twee, cloying.
Minty note like mouthwash.
Florals are achingly sweet.
Don't like it.
19th December, 2010
Yeah, this one definitely reminds one of Le Male but I think it has some subtle differences that I enjoy. Fresh out of the bottle, I get something very much like sugar cookies with lemon fresh out of the oven. The spiked sweetness and the light touch of citrus notes combine to form this accord. The scent goes on to hold an accord more like the floral, sweet aroma of Le Male minus powder. Don't be fooled into thinking the projection and longevity are poor; this one's well-made and performs consistently well. Not for those looking for something noticeably masculine.
28th September, 2010
Slightly surprised the first time I decanted some of this onto my skin. I was preparing myself for an overly cheap, overly diluted fragrance and was astounded to find such an interesting fragrance among the many nondescript bottles of lifeless juice that surrounded this one in the store. As this scent wrapped its arms round me I was no longer distracted by the rush and noise of a busy fragrance department....

Pierre Bourdon is a fantastically talented perfumer, not only creating fragrances for niche houses (try his Frederic Malle Editions) but also creating some of the most commercially successful fragrances in the market (YSL's Jazz/kouros and Davidoff Cool Water). It seems he really does try his hardest when creating scents no matter what the budget is or what the brief calls for.

When the fragrance is first applied it can be a little overwhelming but after several sittings with the fragrance you really start to appreciate who masterfully crafted the head of this scent really is. The anise is very sweet, almost too sweet(a little tweaking to the keytones wouldnt have gone amiss here). This sweetness is toned down slightly when the mint and bergamot note starts to come through.
The heart is absolutely stunning. Lily of the valley, rose and orange blossom was like a breathe of fresh air after trailing several bottles of aquatic/ozone mens fragrances. None of these notes really take centre stage, they are all rather reserved which was nice after such a strong series of top notes, very much the calm after the storm. Patchouli keeps the base fresh while tonka gets to work on the skin exuding its sweet vanillic/cinnamon and as this develops becomes almost like heliotrope adding the the sweet licorice quality you experienced at the start of your sensory journey with anise.

In conclusion, a very wearable scent for less than £30 (about $60) now thats what I call a bargain.
28th April, 2010
Ghost Man is one of those rare fragrances that I actually enjoy more with successive wearings. My initial impression was that it was simply too sweet, and in an almost sickly way, but my nose seems to have evolved to dismiss that vibe. Delving deeper I find that there is exactly the right amount of clove present to keep that sweetness in check and I find this to be my favorite clove note so far (Slarty's pretty right-on with the Djarum Black thing). The projection is only so-so for me but the middle is so gorgeous with this one that I frequently wear it just to please myself. It has a strange bygone romance to it that makes me want to play Castlevania or go on night walks.
24th March, 2010

Add your review of Ghost Man

Shop for Ghost Man products online

Search Amazon for Ghost Man

Member images of Ghost Man

There are no member images of Ghost Man yet. Why not be the first?