Hummer (2004)

125ml EdT
    125ml EdT
    75ml EdT

Reviews of Hummer

Showing 1 to 6 of 21 reviews.

sjg3839's avatar

This is not a bad fragrance. Not expensive. This is a good stater kit cologne. Had my bottle for a few years and it still smells the same.

28 August, 2012

Scent-e-mental's avatar

I tried this on my way home from work one day - it was on sale for around $20, At first I thought "what is this" its start is chaotic and as shamu1 notes there are fruity notes which are not indicated in the pyramid. The opening smells a bit like someone's pet spidermonkey ate too much fruit and then vomited it up. The spices add a jarring aspect to the fruit and make it smell a bit "off", thankfully this effect is fleeting. The drydown is where this is best. I don't have any other fragrance which changes as much from start to end. To me the spicy, woody drydown is worth waiting for and to me has a soapiness to it which is reminiscent of some of my favourite powerhouse fragrances, though this is no powerhouse.

11th June, 2011

I thought Joel_Cairo’s review was quite clever. I didn’t realize until I tested Hummer myself that the review is also truthful, accurate, and appropriate. Hummer doesn’t seem to know where it’s going. It can’t tell the difference between its base and its heart. It’s just a collection of a few unrelated fresh, synthetic accords. Bummer.

Originally submitted August 2006

09 December, 2010

ViViD's avatar

Japan Japan

This is ok, I sometimes like it, but I have many fragrances I like more. Its a very sporty scent...and im not very sporty. I also sneeze a lot while wearing this. I have gotten some negative comments on this, so I tend not to use it much. I have had this cologne in my collection for about 2 or 3 years, the same bottle, and its not even used up yet because I just don't wear it often. Honestly its not a bad scent overall, but I like other fragrances better.

27 October, 2010

perfaddict's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

Why on earth was this beauty named “Hummer”, after one of the ugliest and pointless automotive creations I can think of? For some, the name invites instant preconceptions, mostly negative and derisory. It appears that only the curious and the olfactorily adventurous will give this fragrance time of day. Naturally, not many would want to admit they were wrong. However, some will be haunted by the reality of what they smelled and would grudgingly admit they need to give Hummer another try. This, ladies and gentlemen, is myself. And I am glad and humbled that I did. If the creators of Hummer carry out a market survey, they may find out that the frag would have a very high ratio of Eyeballs-to-No Sniffs/No Buys. The name, the name….

Hummer switches on the ignition and burns its highly aromatic wheels with one of the mintiest (almost eye-watering) top notes I have experienced. I am surprised that mint is not listed among the notes. I wonder if it is the listed thyme playing a part here, or misinterpreted. Strong lavender (as observed by Shamu1, another note not listed) kicks in and anchors Hummer as a predominant note. The amber in this frag is a dominant player in tandem with lavender, and it joins the chorus early. The spices, however, add an interesting dimension to the theme. At this stage, when I first smelt Hummer, I started having a nicely disturbing feeling of déjà vu. Where had I smelt this before? Francois Blais below alludes to its similarity with Sung Homme. Hmmm… yes, in the sense that they both have this high-treble metallic, obviously synthetic vibe. But no, that wasn’t it for me. Then it clicked: Jo Malone’s 1995 Amber and Lavender. Admittedly “lower quality”, but spicier and lower-priced. Therein is the value proposition of Hummer. We have very good niche scent now available for cheap.

Hummer has significant sillage and would be the monster the actual vehicle is, if over applied, both to the wearer and those unfortunate to be around him/(her?). It is a long-lasting fragrance, especially in full wear. Hummer will enable me have the Jo Malone experience cheaply, stretching my 30ml bottle of Amber and Lavender longer.

Ignore the silly name, overcome any bias against its cheap price and you could find Hummer to be a very nice aromatic scent. I do, and I love Hummer (the scent, not the box-on-wheels).

29 August, 2010

shamu1's avatar

Surprisingly very nice scent! I don't like the opening blast of citrus and lavender because it's got a loud sport cologne freshness that I don't like and feel I'm too old to pull of wearing. I don't understand why lavender and citrus are not listed in the pyramid, because they're so obviously contained in this fragrance. Though it's not a powerhouse frag, don't spray this on too much or else you will smell totally obnoxious.

After the citrus fades Hummer mellows out into a very nice sweet lavender scent with woody and mossy green notes blended in. In fact what I like most about Hummer is that it smells greener as it evolves over time, even though there are no green notes listed in the pyramid. I can smell the woody and spicy notes in the pyramid when the drydown arrives. The drydown is very good, and is the spiciest and best phase of the scent.

This is not a particularly unique fragrance and it does have some of that generic sport fragrance vibe to it, but there's more substance in this than your average sports fragrance. Its spiciness in the drydown is what separates Hummer from the boring sports frags. Awesome heavy glass bottle!

P.S. I HATE HUMMERS!!!

MY RATING: 7.5/10

08 June, 2010 (Last Edited: 09 June, 2010)

Add your review of Hummer

Search for on eBay United States

HUMMER by Hummer 4.2 oz edt Cologne Spray for Men * NEW (Original Tester)
    Hummer H2 Mens Cologne 4.2 Oz