Extract of East Indian Lemon and Spices (1988)
    by Crabtree & Evelyn

Average Rating: 4

Based on 12 ratings

Extract of East Indian Lemon and Spices information

Extract of East Indian Lemon and Spices is a men's fragrance by Crabtree & Evelyn. The scent was launched in 1988

Reviews of Extract of East Indian Lemon and Spices

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

John Lucas's avatar

I'm extremely disappointed to finally learn that Extract of East Indian Lemon and Spices by Crabtree and Evelyn has been discontinued. I still have the original bottle, but of course, what little product remained has long since evaporated. I tried to find it for years but I suppose my search is over. It was a wonderfully refreshing, bright fragrance that I still miss.

10th December, 2012

shamu1's avatar

I remember having a bottle of this back in the 90s, when C&E were selling this in their clearance bins. It's a good solid citrus lime scent, with pretty decent longevity for an almost pure citrus - about 2 or 3 hours.

Like most pure citrus fragrances, this requires a couple of reapplications during the day. I could tell there was some synthetic citrus notes blended into this, because it had a little bit of a hard lime candy smell to it. However, that wouldn't last for long, and the real lime shone through after a few minutes. It had a nice, very dry musky drydown. I don't recall any spices in this - just lime and very quiet musk.

I have never smelled the reissued version of this, but would like to. Although the earlier version was good, I wouldn't go and pay big money for a vintage bottle on eBay. It wasn't THAT good.

MY RATING: 7.5/10

09th April, 2012

odysseusm's avatar

This has been revived in 2007 as West Indian Lime... and is excellent.

05th November, 2007

RobX's avatar

This is an underrated fragrance

After the limes - a long lasting unique smell - it's ggrreeaattt!!

30th August, 2006

JC's avatar

Very fresh and with a lasting lemon note. Has many similarities with Penhaligon's Lords except it has a woody and slightly spicy finish and a soapy tinge. I hear it is a favourite with Prince Charles. Shame it was discontinued as it was a bargain and put many other scents of this ilk to shame.

30th March, 2005