Little Italy (2004)

Little Italy information

Due September 2004

Shop for Little Italy products online

Reviews of Little Italy

Showing 1 to 6 of 31 reviews.

thatsmr2usir's avatar

Little Italy is all about citrus & musk to my nose. Clementine mandarin & maybe tangerine's is what I smell, I get no grapefruit. This is a unusual composition because you have a wollop of citruses fighting to be top dog, but it appears that clementine is winning the battle here. The opening of Little Italy is very strong, there is also a cheese note somewhere in here that makes this somewhat off putting. Yes I pick up a cheese note, and I despise cheese.

Once the fragrance starts to dry down, the musk enters the ball game & mingles with the citruses which never fade away. It is a simple yet weird concoction that I have difficulties with. I admire strange & unique fragrances, but Little Italy leaves much to be desired. It is not terrible, but it is not great either. As much as I love Bond No 9, I am afraid I will have to pass on this one as their are better fragrances in this category that are done way better than this. Average projection & longevity.

22 October, 2014

rbaker's avatar

Mandarins galore - that is the opening blast and that is essentially what this product is all about. Clean, a bit sweet, sheer mandarin. On my skin it is not too synthetic, and later it is more like a mandarin lemonade. Towards the end a jasmine component lurks in the background, but the core fruit remains dominant. In all its monochrome single-fruit simplicity it is well done and quite convincing. Silage is good as is the projection. Initially it seemed to collapse after the first hour on my skin, but it returned to give a total longevity of five hours - splendid for a citrus-based scent, albeit very close to my skin for the last couple of hours. Bold Bond simplicity with a nice result.

01st June, 2014

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

What a big disappointment!
    The note breakdown looks very interesting.
    I was expecting a quality fresh citrusy scent which is simple but could be really pleasing, but this one failed me!
    The opening is fresh and sweet citrusy scent with a light bitter herbal scent in the background.
    The citrusy scent smell like tangerine and it's sweet.
    The quality is very bad and it doesn't smell natural to my nose. it's synthetic and sweet that from first sniff reminded me of a very cheap orange candies that I used to buy when I was a little kid.
    It was the cheapest candy in the market but based on what I had in my pocket those days, it's was my only choice and this fragrance remind my of those sweet orange candies!
    There is a weak bitter herbal scent in the background too. something like basil or maybe it's neroli that give us that feeling but anyway it's very weak and disappears after half an hour.
    The dry down and base is exactly the same of opening but without that bitter herbal smell.
    Sweet, synthetic and cheap orange candy and tangerine smell all the way through!
    Projection is very weak and completely close to the skin and longevity is around 2 hours on my skin!
    I prefer burn my money instead of wasting my money on this fragrance that cost around $200!

01st February, 2014

phi's avatar

New Zealand New Zealand

This is hands down the best opening of a summer based fragrance I have ever smelt with that evocative ripe mandarin peeling "vibe". I highly disagree with the people before me who say it is synthetic and candied, not in the opening at least. After about half an hour though this turns nastily that mandarin peel gives way to an orange Popsicle smell. Its so bad that its almost enough for me to feel this warrants a negative review

15 February, 2013

Nefret's avatar

I sometimes enjoy this interpretation of orange, but as others have said, it's not a true fresh orange. More of a candy orange, a little tart. Think Orange Lifesavers. Doesn't have much projection, and with the usual problem that plagues citrus fragrances-- it doesn't last. I will give the layering idea a shot.

For a mouth-watering, true orange, I prefer Atelier's Orange Sanguine.

12 September, 2012 (Last Edited: 02 October, 2012)

rogalal's avatar

Sweet oranges and tangerines, juicy and tart but just a little bit too sweet to smell completely real. It ends up with a very juicy "orange" neroli, and the fade from actual citrus to the neroli is so slow and perfectly orchestrated that Little Italy really does give the illusion of a citrus scent that lasts many many hours longer than it should.

Unfortunately, there's a plasticky note mixed in with the citrus that lasts all the way through. I'm sure it's supposed to be lilac or something, but well.... Have you ever bought a cheap plastic pitcher? You have to wash it a few times to get rid of that plastic flavor before you use it, or else whatever drink you put in it will smell plasticky. That's what Little Italy reminds me of, a well executed citrus scent left in a cheap unwashed plastic pitcher until it took on an unfortunate plastic flavor.

Thumbs up for the well-done long-lasting citrus, but thumbs down for the plastic, so I'm going with a neutral rating.

01st September, 2012