Caprissimo (2009)

Caprissimo information

Caprissimo is a women's fragrance by Carthusia. The scent was launched in 2009

Shop for Caprissimo products online

Reviews of Caprissimo

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar

A sumptuous floral scent full of itself which tries to look like a"golden era" Caron or Guerlain, acting all opulent and feminine, while it's basically a dull chypre stuffed with synthetics and aldehydes good for rich and tasteless tourists visiting Capri. The quality in my opinion is really modest, artificial to all extents (synthetic oak moss, synthetic flowers). Not horrible, although the opening is humid, heavy and strong as hell; but a bit cheap and much pretentious.

22 August, 2014

rbaker's avatar

The lemon opening is very gentle and restrained and accompanied by an unusually soft and mild petit grain note. I get a floral impression - mainly jasmine - added in the drydown, with the base adding some light fragrant wood. These notes never take off into full flight on my skin and remain a bit attenuated, but this might make it a good summer office scent on cooler days for some. Limited silage and projection, bit with a surprisingly good longevity of around six hours.

09 August, 2014

purplebird7's avatar

This perfume attracted my attention because it is rather strange. The notes elude me. It is like a spring floral, but I thought I caught a whiff of anise, which must be a phantom note. Really odd, but in an attractive way, especially if you’re seeking a new twist on a lilac-type of floral.

01st June, 2012

pearlfingering's avatar

There iis something very pleasant, musky yet clean about Caprissimo, which was originally a green chypre but is now a green floral aldehyde. It is powdery and reminiscent of violets and sorbet. The lemon leaf and myrrh accord fills your head and cools in the summer heat as effectively as a dip in the Mediterranean. Notes of osmanthus and blue jasmine are fruity, soft and indolic. It'is perfect for going out in the summer!

10th June, 2011 (Last Edited: 01st June, 2012)

Somerville Metro Man's avatar

Carthusia Caprissimo

Carthusia makes two of my favorite scents in Carthusia Uomo and Numero Uno. Numero Uno is one of the better chypres out there, on me. I was very excited when I read Carthusia was re-issuing Caprissimo which was reportedly a former gem of a green chypre. I haven't been able to confirm whether this re-issue has any resemblance to the original but I do know that I like this version quite a bit. The top starts with a Mediterranean lemon accord mixed with green aspects. This is an opening that is bright and very common. For all of that familiarity I find it is one I like quite a bit. The heart of Carpissimo is a deep floral mix of jasmine, frangipani, and osmanthus. The green notes from the top stay in place to keep the floral heart from becoming too much the focus of Caprissimo. These three floral notes feel like they are made for each other as they create a heady floral bouquet. The base is a beautiful mix of cedar, sandalwood and myrrh. This mix of woods and myrrh make for a strong base that contrasts the green floral of the heart. Caprissimo feels like another take on a chypre without the oakmoss and the use of the myrrh works for me in that regard. If the original Caprissimo was indeed a green chypre it is my guess that this new incarnation is an attempt to stay true to that original while working within the new formulation guidelines. Caprissimo has average longevity on me and average sillage. Caprissimo is another winner for me from Carthusia.

26 September, 2009

Add your review of Caprissimo

Search for on eBay United States

Caprissimo EDT Splash 4.0 Oz. By Carthusia SAS Capri. NIB
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 2 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    CARTHUSIA CAPRISSIMO PROFUMO PARFUM 50 ml 1.7 oz edt perfume spray nearly full
    • Listing Type: Auction with Buy it Now
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 6 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)