Ligea "La Sirena"
by Carthusia

Ligea "La Sirena" information

HouseCarthusia

About Ligea "La Sirena"

Ligea "La Sirena" is a shared / unisex perfume by Carthusia.

Reviews of Ligea "La Sirena"

I once spray tested this during a hot summer afternoon on Capri - mistake! Its huge sillage made me sick to my stomach. However, I do enjoy it in the solid, which is much softer. It is a pleasant, linear, powdery, orange and opoponax fragrance.
11th April, 2016
This is an easy scent to grow tired of because it really doesn't change much, but, having said that, I really like this. I had never been wild about the smell of oranges until I developed a hobby in perfumery and found that orange just plain smells great on me. So what we have here is a spiky, semi-resinous orange scent with no tricks up its sleeve. Very fresh but also quite dark. Nothing to sing about but a very solid release if opoponax doesn't bother you. It can be polarizing, but I really enjoy that soft, smoky tinge.

While it eluded me at first, I realized that what I enjoyed about this fragrance is the fact that this is basically the pillar accord of Emeraude, a close cousin of Shalimar. It is a simple and less fussy take on these classic Orientials. It's half of a classic, but I like it as-is.
13th February, 2016 (last edited: 15th February, 2016)
Reminds me of the drugstore perfume Chantilly from the 80's sorry to say.....
06th March, 2014
I can appreciate the artistry of the blend of notes, but it's not speaking to me the way, say Anne Pliska just did. I think maybe I'm not a huge fan of citrus at the top...in fact, I'm sure of it. I'm wishing a little that the citrus was toned down a smidge.
04th September, 2012
I always have so much fun with this one. It drastically improves my mood every time. I find it extremely comfortable, delicious, natural and really easy to wear. The lasting power is superb. Some people tend to compare Ligea with Shalimar and Mitsouko. I really can't say the resemblance is that obvious. Yes, they all have vanilla and powdery notes, but in my opinion 'La Sirena' actually shares a large number of similarities with Antaeus and Eau Lente. This is my first fragrance centered around opoponax and lavender and I am surprised how much I love those two notes. I am very happy with the quality of Ligea (it must be one of the best fragrances I ever had). Contrasting notes make it very dynamic, so it never gets boring. Love love love this fragrance.
12th August, 2012
The love I bear for Carthusia all began with this fragrance. Ligea la Sirena is one of those fragrances which I find highly addictive, meaning a sure future addition to my collection.

This fragrance opens with a scent that reminds me of gingerbread men. Despite the funny looks I received from the sales people when I announced this, I hold true to my statement.

It's a tad sugary, spicy and deliciously powdery. Everyone is mentioning the powder. Sure, there's powder but it's nothing like Chanel's No.5 or No.22, and nothing in comparison to Carthusia's more powdery Aria di Capri.

To my nose, Ligea la Sirena is incredibly sensual, somewhat edible and dusty in an old-fashioned sense. I love strong, old-fashioned and spicy scents, so this fragrance is right up my alley.

There are many notes missing from this listing, some of which are; cinnamon, white rose, ginger, vanilla and amber. Particularly towards the drydown, Ligea la Sirena bears a resemblance to the beautiful and classic L'Heure Bleue and Shalimar, both by Guerlain.

This is one fragrance which manages to seduce you as it moves through its development. Beginning with a sugary and foody cinnamon, mandarin and ginger burst, it later develops into a soft, feminine and woodsy powder base.

The longevity is rather impressive and the same could be said for the sillage. I feel comfortable in scents like this one, and I can agree with the consensus that its a versatile fragrance, for almost every season and occasion.
04th April, 2012

Add your review of Ligea "La Sirena"

Shop for Ligea "La Sirena" products online

Search Amazon for Ligea "La Sirena"

Member images of Ligea "La Sirena"

There are no member images of Ligea "La Sirena" yet. Why not be the first?