Carthusia Uomo (2004)

Carthusia Uomo information

Year of Launch2004

HouseCarthusia

About Carthusia Uomo

Carthusia Uomo is a masculine fragrance by Carthusia. The scent was launched in 2004

Reviews of Carthusia Uomo

This fragrance reminds me of a old Insignia deodorant (light blue can) from the Eighties. It also bears a resemblance to Ice Men by Mugler.

It has a fresh musky mossy geranium scent mixed in with woods. It smells nice but very one dimensional, it does not hold my interest.
12th August, 2017
JDE's review captures much of what I experience with Carthusia Uomo, so I will try to be brief.

I can see how some might dismiss this as redundant or generic (I get echoes of D&G Light Blue, for instance), but I like this style of fragrance. What sets Uomo apart is that it is very well constructed. It took me half a dozen wearings to fully appreciate it, and I feel I'm still getting to know it.

I don't smell much raspberry (at least not in a "fruity" sense), but the seaweed note that others have mentioned dances wonderfully throughout the mid notes.

This could be worn casually or for a semi-formal occasion, but it certainly has an "elegance" to it. Uomo is probably best suited for warmer weather.

29th June, 2017
Wow Carthusia Uomo is a blast of geranium and green leaves. It smells sophisticated and clean. Balanced off by soft musk, woody notes and citrus. Very, very masculine. I love the way I smell right now. Very well made and long lasting.

07th March, 2017
Luca Turin gives this only one star and dismisses it as a "citrus woody." I would not be that severe, but it is dismissible.

I get only one of the notes put out by both Carthusia's web site (Cashmere -what does that smell like?, Kelp, Citrus, Cedarwood) and other Basenoters in these reviews (Rosewood, Raspberry, Leather).

On my skin to my nose it begins as a very light cumin, followed by an equally light and pleasant musk - and that's it. No development, no other notes. A light and refreshing summer splash of no distinction. I would expect to find this in a drug store selling for $10 per 100 ml.

As such, it only gets a neutral rating from me. Pleasant, but simplistic and unremarkable.
04th September, 2016
modest sillage and duration, boring to tears to say the least, a mistake that won't be made again!
06th June, 2014
Charmingly old school

Molded after old school masculine colognes with citrusy-fruity top transitioning through floral-herbal-woodsy-musky facets. Reminds me somewhat of a slightly aqueous [b]Drakkar Noir[/b] with modest sillage and longevity. The backstory about monks and flowers seems more interesting than the scent itself though I won't be surprised if a woman find this scent incredibly attractive for no reason other than the fact it reminds her of her father.

Pros: Masculine
Cons: Too fatherly for some "

18th September, 2013

Add your review of Carthusia Uomo

Shop for Carthusia Uomo products online

Shop for Carthusia Uomo at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Carthusia Uomo

Member images of Carthusia Uomo

There are no member images of Carthusia Uomo yet. Why not be the first?