Frangipani Absolute (2003)
    by Ormonde Jayne

Frangipani Absolute Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Frangipani Absolute

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Fleurine's avatar
    Fleurine

From the other reviews, I was expecting this to be very sweet and vanilla-y, but when I tried it, I got a huge hit of citrus as the operner so that was a surprise! This fragrance is another winner from OJ, to me at least. The frangipani note is front and center (not that I am so familiar with the flower) and I love how this fragrance brings in so much feminine floral fun in without seeming the tiniest bit old fashioned or cloying. The fragrance slowly evolves into a warm creamy white pillow.

Edit: The more I wear this, the more enormous I find the frangipani note to be...FA does for frangipani what Une Rose by Malle does for rose, it makes it incredibly huge. I'm tempted to say that if you like the ginormism of Diorissimo, or other white flower soliflores, chances are you will like this.

24 June, 2011 (Last Edited: 10th February, 2012)

Benj's avatar
    Benj

Ok, I should preface this by saying I have never smelled frangipani.

I like interesting florals, but this is a massive, sweet floral. It starts off tempered by a lovely lime and something peppery and quite exciting but the heart is a huge tuberose, jasmine and, of course, frangipani beast that starts smelling suspiciously like bread and butter pudding and custard around an hour in. The first half hour is very nice, but it just gets too stodgy and too sweet for my taste.

16 January, 2011

Mimi Gardenia's avatar
    Mimi Gardenia

Now this is a really good frangipani scent in my humble opinion ! It smells just like frangipani - the living flower.It's got the bit of pollen going on ,a touch of flowery spice of a fresh flower,the delicate yet quite distinctive aroma. Fab. I do love this one. Well done OJ !

05 July, 2010

pansylady's avatar
    pansylady

A very soft, feminine and light fragrance- maybe a little too light- it only lasted about two or three hours, and sillage was low- also, it seemed more soliflore than floral/fruity, and this was a bit disappointing, given the interesting menu of notes...

12 August, 2009

ubuandibeme's avatar
    ubuandibeme

Purplebird7 says it perfectly ~ "Riot of sweetflowers..." so true! Frangipani Absolute is an intricate blend that comes off with a soapy freshness, reminiscent of Antonia's Flowers namesake fragrance. Antonia's Flowers is tauted as a "living freesia" scent, but I think it possesses the same character as this Ormonde Jayne Frangipani rendition! Floral lovers NEED to sample this gorgeous bouquet ~ it is a riot of sweetflowers, and I love it!

09 May, 2009

purplebird7's avatar
    purplebird7

Riot of sweet flowers made lifelike by an interesting, persistent lime-linden accord, and maybe a touch of pepper. Very floral, but a little different somehow.

18 July, 2008