Champaca (2002)

Year of Launch2002

HouseOrmonde Jayne
PerfumerLinda Pilkington

About Champaca

Champaca is a feminine perfume by Ormonde Jayne. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Linda Pilkington

Champaca fragrance notes

Reviews of Champaca

cello Show all reviews
A beautiful note, champaca, and I believe this fragrance does a fair job in bringing this forward. But I personally find this a little too sweet, a lit too straight-forward, and there for a little too simplistic. A pleasant wear that comes with a steep price.
11th December, 2014
Genre: Floral

I've worn the odd, sweet/tart, fruity/floral champaca in scents like Ayala Moriel's Rebellius and Mandy Aftel's Tango, where it is backed by strong, smoky leather. Ormonde Jayne serves it simply, without the smoke and the hide, on a bed of sweet amber and woods. The effect is both exotic and refreshing, but also relativelly bright, and I can see wearing this scent if you're looking for something sweet to wear in summer. On the other hand, Champaca doesn't do much to excite me, and if I'm looking for the distinctive tang of its star ingredient, I'm going to turn to more complex and darker scents.
11th June, 2014
Another creation of great subtlety from Linda Pilkington; no blaring floral here.
This one suspends the creamy loveliness of the champak blossom on the comforting notes of the lightest of green teas, bamboo and dry basmati rice – a precious flower resting on gossamer layers. One drifts in and out of its spell, with the scent fading into the background and then coming up again in swells during the day. The lightness of touch made me think of it primarily as a warm weather perfume, but it shows its worth equally well in the enclosed spaces of winter.
12th July, 2012
A good ,standard ,floral fragrance but I do actually find it a little boring. Neroli and fressia - sweet ,gourmand ,pretty sheer and airy to me. Not very heavy on the champaca - needs more punch if it's going to be called 'Champaca' . Not for me but its beauty is appreciated .
05th July, 2010
What Vibert said. I am wearing this on one wrist, and Chanel Chance on the other. And maybe I'm crazy, but this seems to be what Chance was trying to be. (Official notes not similar....but I feel a structural resemblance.) This is much much nicer. It's bright. It's sweet. It's has a understory of woodiness. It doesn't add up to the oriental poetry the notes suggest..but is a light dance in springtime florals. I wear when I head out into the garden...currently it's May on the West Coast of Canada. Like others have mentioned, it is a simple affair. It's not compelling, but is easy going.
08th May, 2010
angelica Show all reviews
This is what a gourmand should be - an elegant floral with a hint of something edible, in this case Kheer.
06th September, 2009 (last edited: 26th September, 2012)

Add your review of Champaca

Shop for Champaca products online

Shop for Champaca at online perfumeries

Champaca (EDP, 50ml)

Search Amazon for Champaca

Member images of Champaca

There are no member images of Champaca yet. Why not be the first?