Black for Her (2004)

HouseKenneth Cole
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchBenckiser > Coty Inc > Lancaster Group

About Black for Her

Black for Her is a feminine perfume by Kenneth Cole. The scent was launched in 2004

Reviews of Black for Her

rbaker Show all reviews
A hesperidically enhanced dyad of jasmine soon develops into a floral potpourri of muguet, iris, magnolia and tuberose; at times hints of oleander briefly appear. This floral basket is quite well done.

The disappointing part is the base, with a rather generic wood/musk combination forming the end phase. I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and five hour of longevity on my skin.

A nice spring scent with a dull and disappointing finish that lets it down compared to the early stages. 2.75/5
25th November, 2015 (last edited: 15th December, 2015)
I'm not as experienced or talented in the ways of describing notes as some other members are, but I have my ways of describing fragrances. I have some fragrances that simply make me think "winter" or of heavy sweaters and cold days. This is one of them. It's not the most spectacular scent but I can always count on it to treat me well.
09th January, 2012
Oh, the polished onyx cylinder with the stark white label and chrome sprayer. So sleek, so hard, so mysterious. And inside it's full of something that smells like a new box of fabric softener sheets. Is this the perfume you spray on 'Motorcycle Barbie'?

Clearly, the only thing "black" about it is the bottle... or maybe your mood, if you were buying blind, and thinking you were going to get something dark and brooding.

Too bad you can't refill it.
29th June, 2011
Eh..... Just a plain old floral. It makes me think of a Crabtree and Evelyn soap, or maybe something by Yardley. Not that there's anything wrong with that! -- It just definitely wasn't what I was looking for. Was supposed to have notes of citrus, sandalwood, and musk, but I get none of that whatsoever... no sensuality. Just a one- or two-note floral.

Even as a floral scent, I have to agree with other reviewers that this is very safe and predictable. Pretty, but boring.
03rd February, 2011
The jasmine note in the beginning is very sexy. Lasts long and retains the sexiness thorough all the phases, until it disappears completely.

If you're looking for a nice and sexy floral, this one is up your alley.
18th April, 2010
Tried this on the back of my left hand in Ulta about 2 hours ago I can still smell it.It is a soft floral on me hyacinth/jasmine/sandalwood? Well --so far not much sandalwood .I like this one for an everyday casual/office scent as it doesn't seem to be a strong projector just a soft aura;not quite soft enough for choir practice though as there are some there who suffer allergies/ migranes.
18th April, 2010

Add your review of Black for Her

Shop for Black for Her products online

Shop for Black for Her at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Black for Her

Member images of Black for Her

There are no member images of Black for Her yet. Why not be the first?

Black for Her News