Luctor et Emergo (1998)

Year of Launch1998

HousePeople of the Labyrinths
PerfumerAlessandro Gualtieri

About Luctor et Emergo

Luctor et Emergo is a feminine perfume by People of the Labyrinths. The scent was launched in 1998 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alessandro Gualtieri

Reviews of Luctor et Emergo

This fragrance is lovely with my skin chemistry. I get the almondy cherry hit in the first 15 minutes of applying, then it turns warm, tobacco-like woody and vanillic. Very sensuous, a little sweet but not overly so. Every so often I'll get a little whiff of a floral, then a little cherry tobacco. At times it even seems a little chocolatey. Very nice. It does seem to last a good while and the sillage is on the soft to moderate side.
16th March, 2013
Smells like cherry cough syrup, mothballs, almond candy and some sort of old fashioned perfume thing I've smelled in other perfumes but don't know the name for...
I hate it, which is good because it's too expensive for me anyway.

fades into tobacco and resin (and nasty cherry cough syrup) after 20 min on oily hot skin- wish it would both start and end this way
23rd October, 2011
Cherry medicinal/ menthol/clovey top note which gives way to a gentle
flowery tobacco with play doh along for the ride
I don't mind wearing this. Buy a bottle? No
It expresses its name well
"I struggle and I emerge"
09th June, 2011
This is quite a unique fragrance! Opening notes were very alcoholic - I was almost reminded of brandy or rum. After half an hour or so, I could really smell the sour cherry and almond notes. Dry-down was mostly vanilla almond on my skin.

My husband said it smelled like baby powder for the first few minutes, but I didn't get that at all. Very sweet and gourmand, but not headache-inducing. I can see this being semi-wearable in the fall & winter..

Mar
2009
28th March, 2011

Mar
2009
28th March, 2011
This is an odd one. I can't say I hate it. I definitely can't say I love it, or even like it. No play doh here for me either. What I do get is the cherry cordial, a little almond, and a hefty dose of pipe tabacco. If this was it, then I think I would have to give a thumbs up. However, the urinal cake mentioned by NillaGoon makes this very wierd. I don't get the urine, but there is something very disinfectant about it. Probably the benzoin and spice. Glad I tried it. Would never buy it.
06th April, 2010

Add your review of Luctor et Emergo

Shop for Luctor et Emergo products online

Shop for Luctor et Emergo at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Luctor et Emergo

Member images of Luctor et Emergo

There are no member images of Luctor et Emergo yet. Why not be the first?