Kiehl's Original Musk (1963)
by Kiehl's

Kiehl's Original Musk information

Year of Launch1963

Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group

About Kiehl's Original Musk

Kiehl's Original Musk is a shared / unisex perfume by Kiehl's. The scent was launched in 1963

Kiehl's Original Musk fragrance notes

Reviews of Kiehl's Original Musk

An old school musk fragrance that smells very nice, but really is extremely tame. I wouldn't place this in the same genre as Musc Ravaguer or Kubla Khan. Kiehl's reminds me of Habit Rouge more than anything, as the lilly and rose stand out.

Nice, unisex, decent performance and a good price. Not much of a animalistic scent though.
30th January, 2016
This is one of my day-to-day scents whether I'm working or it's the weekend. For me it's the perfect musk scent -- dressed up with just the right amount of floral and citrus to keep it interesting. But at it's core, it's a subtly sexy musk scent that sits close to the skin. To me, it says 'come closer' without any loud, obnoxious fanfare. In my opinion, that subtlety bottled as a fragrance is worth a lot. Whenever I want to boost the warm sexiness of it, I layer it with the musk essence oil.
14th November, 2015
This scent is similar to Triple Lanolin Lotion. I am sure that the type of white musk being used- one that is also in many laundry detergents and fabric softeners, is present in both of these products. It's not bad, but check it out.
10th May, 2015
Musc Koblai Khan's shy brother. I have no idea how this smelled when first launched, but now it is a not unpleasant, fairly animalic Musk. Apart from the initial Top note, which smells, to me, strongly of Benzaldehyde, and which I don't like, it settles into an enjoyable, slightly raunchy (can you have slightly raunchy?) fragrance. It is a lot cheaper than MKK, and not nearly as edgy. It can be worn when you can't think of what else to wear.
22nd March, 2015
Honestly I think this cologne is highly overrated. It's pleasant, but after giving it multiple tries it just does't grab me. I don't detect any of the complexity others are mentioning (got it direct from Kiehls). All I get is a general clean spice smell. I can't imagine this getting much attention.

Don't get me wrong; it's great value. It's definetly a safe inoffensive scent that would be great for casual wear. If you're looking for a scent that is just "nice", this is the one. It's very inexpensive so credit where credit is due.
15th March, 2015
Original Musk by Kiehl’s is a really nice soapy-indolic musk scent, rich and straightforward, with a palette of grey-dusty nuances on the base and a luscious, exotic touch of tonka: fairly “chypre-sque” to some extents, as it makes me think of the drydown of many classic (mostly feminine) scents – mostly for the juxtaposition of musk and flowers, and the overall feel of dusty, slightly moldy nostalgia. More soapy than animalic though, so personally I didn’t think of other heavier musk scents. Powerful yet not tacky, on the contrary much pleasant and even quite refined. I find it intense and compelling, fairly dark, much versatile if you are into musk-soapy blends – otherwise it may be soon exhausting given there’s not much else apart musk and some flowers. The evolution is there, though: still musky, but progressively dustier, drier, silkier, always pleasantly “retrò”. I am personally not a fan of musk and this type of scents, but this is really nice and clearly a quality fragrance, so well worthy a try if you’re into musk.

16th February, 2015

Add your review of Kiehl's Original Musk

Shop for Kiehl's Original Musk products online

Search Amazon for Kiehl's Original Musk

Member images of Kiehl's Original Musk

There are no member images of Kiehl's Original Musk yet. Why not be the first?

Perfumes launched in the same year as Kiehl's Original Musk (1963)