Kiehl's Original Musk (1963)
by Kiehl's

Kiehl's Original Musk information

Year of Launch1963

HouseKiehl's
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group

About Kiehl's Original Musk

Kiehl's Original Musk is a shared / unisex perfume by Kiehl's. The scent was launched in 1963

Kiehl's Original Musk fragrance notes

Reviews of Kiehl's Original Musk

ad_scott Show all reviews
I call this my 'London fragrance' as I discovered in the city and have sported it many times when walking the bustling streets. White floral, musky talcum powder and soap is the best way I can describe Kiehl's Original Musk. It's just nice and clean smelling with an interesting twist.
23rd April, 2018 (last edited: 28th September, 2018)
Although I am open to and appreciate "old school" fragrances from decades past, Kiehl's Original Musk comes off as too animalic and floral for my tastes.

KOM is too disconnected from what I would normally enjoy, perhaps due to its being around almost 50 years and seeming more like a quick splash than a more wearable scent.

It is not a bad scent per se and has its place as an understated reference musk scent, but I would rather turn to more "refined" fragrances utilizing musk, such as L'Envol de Cartier EdP.

Try it out at your local Nordstrom, near the men's shaving counters, and you be the judge....acquired taste fragrance is my final word.
05th March, 2018
Stardate 20180201:

Has been said a million times but I shall repeat it - Reference Musk that has withstood the vagaries of reformulations and price gouging.
MKK lovers should get this blind.
MKK haters should get this to understand the appeal behind MKK

FBW in all iterations
01st February, 2018
Not my favorite musk by an stretch, but an excellent one for those whose ultimate musk scent includes flowers and a only pinch of something animalic in the base. This is a 'dirty' musk at its least offensive and could be worn by anyone, anywhere, and anytime. There is something here that smells a bit synthetic or sharp (that I think others might call 'clean'). This note bothers me no matter how many times I try to wear this, but I'm pretty sure this is a personal problem that won't disturb anyone other than me. I've heard that many famous folks wear this: Julianne Moore, for one, and each of them, in turn, describes this musk as attractive and enticing, and yes, clean.
18th September, 2017
I've been applying about .5ml during my experiment. This goes on lightly and fades quickly. What I can smell is urine. Is that what musk is? Blah.
Wore this half a day. Another reviewer mentioned he could smell it off and on throughout. I had the same impression, It would show up unexpectedly. More interesting than I thought when I first put it on. Girlfriend found it too powdery. I didn’t sense the powderyness much at all.
Longevity spotty (new classification) I smelled it on for almost 24 hours, but it was like an eye floater or a ghost, if you looked directly at it, it wasn’t there.. Projection poor
Ditto
15th July, 2017
Cannot be overrated.

Simply, in proper quantity it's a 2nd-skin type scent, so close to the skin... whether using the edt, oil, or body lotion form. I find the edt to be a bit more floral, hints of lily and rose maybe, so I keep it to just a few sprays. I find the musk favorably similar to what is in MKK or Urban Musk and not that of the 'white' laundry detergent variety.

Since 2011 I've tried to use the SOTD feature to this site as much as possible. Over perhaps an overly zealous journey, at one point having close to 500 bottles in collection, I've worn this one more than any other... by secretariat-like margins. The perfect 2nd skin when I don't particularly want to smell like cologne.
29th May, 2017

Kiehl's Original Musk Eau De Toilette Spray 50 ml

End Date: Sunday Jan-6-2019 15:22:19 PST
Buy It Now for only: $57.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

BRAND NEW KIEHL’S ORIGINAL MUSK BLEND No1 EDT NATURAL SPRAY 1.7oz 50mL RRP $48/-

End Date: Thursday Jan-10-2019 7:28:23 PST