Concentré D'Orange Verte (2004)
by Hermès

Concentré D'Orange Verte information

Year of Launch2004

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean Guichard

About Concentré D'Orange Verte

Concentré D'Orange Verte is a shared / unisex perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean Guichard

Concentré D'Orange Verte fragrance notes

Reviews of Concentré D'Orange Verte

A nice citrus/orange opening. The transition to the "vert" portion begins within the first 30 to 45 minutes, with the vestiges of the citrus still remaining. I pick up a "corn chip" vibe from Concentre D' Orange Vert like I did from Dior's Granville. It's not as pronounced as it was in Granville, but I do smell it. 6 hours in now, and I still smell this fragrance, but it's gone from something refreshing to a deodorant spray. It smells like someone has put deodorant over body odor. When I got home from work, I asked my wife what this smelled like. Her exact words with no mention from me of my impression were, "It smells like someone's sprayed deodorant on to try and cover body odor". And, just to clarify, I sprayed CDOV on my neck and face, not my arm pits. So, there's no reason it should smell like B.O. I'll try it again soon and see if I get the same results. The opening is good, but the dry down was not good, so a neutral for now from me.
20th April, 2017
Under the Orange Tree by Virginie Demont-Breton
18th April, 2017
A special scent indeed, this one has remained one of my favorites if not for its strength and uniqueness. I stumble upon the original "non-concentrated" Orange Verte fragrance from Hermes, which is nice but I'd always wanted to last longer and stronger. Voila, then I found the Concentré version! The heavy citrus vibe won't be everyone's favorite; for me, it has an aromatherapeutic quality that just makes me feel good.
15th December, 2016
Future Jason:

This will always have a special place in your heart: one of the first things, if not the very first, that you bought from a fancy brand that you couldn't get "just anywhere." It felt a bit exclusive, which was exciting. Funny how it now feels available, accessible, and not your go-to scent when seeking an impressive answer to "what are you wearing?" But still fun. Still enjoyable. Something Alison always comments on (positively), and the only thing you've left at her place that you'll wear just about any day of the week, for any occasion. It's versatile.

Other things that fit that description: a good saute pan. A pair of your favorite jeans. Toiletries that guarantee you won't have to shave using pink foam.

So think about this one this way: something that guarantees a baseline of good, appropriate for just about anytime. Something you'd want to make sure you always have available, just in case (and by the by: you use it frequently enough that you worry about having enough if "just in case" ever comes around.)
21st February, 2016 (last edited: 27th February, 2016)
A burst of lime and mint, followed by a mix of lemon and orange, finally drying down to a mossy herbal citrus - quiet and subdued. Its green mossiness is due no doubt to galbanum. It reminds my husband of making sangria, one's hands covered in the fresh juices of limes, lemons, oranges and mint.

I loved the original Eau d'Orange Verte and 25 separate that scent from the Concentre. The original was by Francois Caron and the Concentre by Jean Guichard.

Both are excellent, although I prefer the brightness of the original to the more subdued darkness of the Concentre. It's what I go to an Eau for, a burst of brightness and joy. It really is a toss up. These two really are alter egos of each other. You really can't go wrong with either.
14th January, 2016
Francoise Caron produced a winner here. A flanker of some substance. It is denser than it's older bro and is enhanced with bright mint and a bump up of the patch.
It lasts longer than the Cologne ever did, however lacks the wonderful balanced charm of the original.
I've owned a couple of bottles of this both small and large and it still rates.
12th January, 2016 (last edited: 20th February, 2016)

Add your review of Concentré D'Orange Verte

Shop for Concentré D'Orange Verte products online

Shop for Concentré D'Orange Verte at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Concentré D'Orange Verte

Member images of Concentré D'Orange Verte

There are no member images of Concentré D'Orange Verte yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Concentré D'Orange Verte