Cologne Blanche (2004)

PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian
PackagingHedi Slimane
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Cologne Blanche

Part of an exclusive collection of three scents [Eau Noire, Cologne Blanche and Bois D'Argent], designed by Hedi Slimane which are exclusive to Dior Homme outlets.

Cologne Blanche fragrance notes

Reviews of Cologne Blanche

Upon application I was immediately reminded of two classic scents similar (to my nose), Guerlain's L'Heure Bleue and Caron's Farnesiana, both redolent of that mimosa/heliotrope sweet almond and orange blossom combination that bespeaks pastry shop to many noses.

One can't blame Dior for joining these two illustrious houses and creatng its own version, though somewhat late in the game.

A perfect scent for putting on of a summer evening before going out to dinner, which was the occasion for my wearing the two classic scents mentioned above. Cologne Blanche is a worthy addition, and one need be guided only by the price to decide which of these three is the lucky one to be added to your scent tray.

16th December, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
An elegant Cologne

This is not a typical citrus cologne, although the orange notes gives it some freshness - it is an elegant scent with almonds' gentle sweetness and rosemary added, although on my skin the latter stays in the background. Refined, well balanced and bright - with a longevity of over four hours. Towards the end a delightful feathery powderiness comes in and fits in beautifully. A convincing creation that works well for a balmy summer evening.

Pros: Simplicity and beauty
Cons:

25th September, 2013
orrisboy Show all reviews
This is the smell of snow and powdered almonds. I want to spin and spin, fingers in the air, reaching for the brooding sky, snowflakes silently muffling everything around me, until I can longer even hear my own voice call out. This weird and wonderful scent seemed to vanish next to its dark and melancholy Eau Noir sibling, but it’s voice is angelic, almost to pure to be heard by mere mortals. The bite of citrus is the snap of winter under the delicate dusting of almonds and sugar. Yes it is a little chilly, but like a winter kiss from frozen lips it is the impression that lingers and later warms the heart.
09th September, 2010
COLOGNE BLANCHE comes across like a Dior attempting a Guerlain, its smooth almond-tinted vanilla with a hint of herbs and a whisper of lavender(?) reminding me somewhat of a tamer Jicky. While not quite as powdery as the Guerlain the sillage and projection are classic Dior. Exquisite! A modern beauty with an old world charm brought to you by the highly talented Francis Kurkjian.
24th April, 2010
The opening is so very, very powdery (to the point that I sometimes choke) and I cannot smell any orange blosssom. However, the real magic of this scent is in the drydown - it's warm, sweet, super sensuous and a skin-hugger. I really like this one when I wear suits for work because it is understated with low sillage and I feel it's unexpected for an office/professional environment where most men are wearing Calone-laden fresh/fruity/aquatic things. Much like Dior Homme I feel like a million bucks when I wear this, though I feel that Dior Homme works better for evening use than this would.
13th April, 2010
I just love those olde-fashioned aromas of citrus and herbs in the top note, florals and heliotrope in the middle note and oakmoss and woods, oakmoss, tonka and musk in the bottom! It's very elegant and light-footed, and very decent - rather on the dry and cool side. Not really an innovation, but a masterpiece of perfection.
03rd October, 2009

Add your review of Cologne Blanche

Shop for Cologne Blanche products online

Search Amazon for Cologne Blanche

Member images of Cologne Blanche

There are no member images of Cologne Blanche yet. Why not be the first?