Purple Water (2004)

Purple Water information

Year of Launch2004

PackagingFabien Baron

About Purple Water

Purple Water is a shared / unisex perfume by Asprey. The scent was launched in 2004 and the bottle was designed by Fabien Baron

Purple Water fragrance notes

Reviews of Purple Water

On initial application, Purple Water smells exactly like the lemon-scented washing powder I use in the laundry. After a couple of hours, the scent is a powerful musk that overwhelms everything else. I can't smell any ginger or basil notes at all. It scores well for longevity, but that's actually a drawback in this case.
07th January, 2013
What the heck am I missing here??

I get nothing except a weak lemonade top and a light woody drydown, all of which is totally gone in less than 10 minutes.

This is a quality upper-class cologne? I don't think so...

I must have been duped into buying a knock off or something, because what's in the bottle I have, isn't worth 2 cernts.

Lackluster and boring sum it up.

17th August, 2012
This unexpected find has proven my most pleasant olfactory surprise! I admittedly had never heard of the Asprey name, but one sniff of this wonderful soft and powdery citrus gem and I was hooked. Of all the fragrances I own, or have sampled, no fragrance better interweaves and melds with the balmy atmosphere of Miami. Layer it with Acqua di Parma Colonia's magical. In my eyes (and nose), this fragrance truly is the sleeper of all sleepers. Just lay back and enjoy. A lemon sunshine-scented TWO THUMBS UP!
21st December, 2010
Cheap synthetic citrus/floral/musk/musk/musk.
25th September, 2010
Purple Water is a dainty, single ply citrus, bedecked with as much pretension as Asprey can muster.

Should you be dressed as a dandy and feel the need to cover your face with a moistened handkerchief, this might be perfect. Aside from being an effective defence against malodorous peasants, this is a fairly lacklustre fragrance for general use. By no means a bad product, but surpassed by countless fragrances of its type
16th September, 2010
I definitley get the Pledge out of this, but it's not so bad. This is by far one the zestiest lemon fragrances I've ever owned, but before the lemon gets so dominant, it reminds me a lot of L'eau d'Issey. Once the zesty lemon dies down it becomes more of a synthetic candy lemon, like lemonheads candies. In comes a big fat orange blossom note as it moves into the middle which is about 15-20 minutes after initial application. The combination of the lemons and orange blossoms go together very smoothly. As if a lemon banged an orange blossom, their offspring would be the beginning of the heart notes of Purple Water. I also get the clear smell of an actual water note in middle, like a very pure spring water. I also get some violet and lavender notes out of the middle, which isn't listed in the note pyramid; but to me, those 2 notes would definitley make a fragrance "purple". As the middle fades, it becomes more soapy and floral before it takes on a vetiver and slightly musky base. I also get a grape accord that weaves in and out. The middle and base are more feminine than the opening. Projection is better in the opening, then anywhere from 4-6 inches from the skin in the middle, then just dies down more and more with time as many fragrances do. Longevity is about 5 hours for me on a good day.

Not bad at all, Zesty opening with high hopes of a more thorough lemon fragrance; that ends up being a completely different middle and base than the opening. I like the middle and base more and more though as I wear it more, it's actually a thing of beauty. Definitely tricked me though, not what I was expecting.

Is it worth the price though? This stuff is pretty expensive, usually around 70 bucks for 1.7 oz.but I have seen this online from 30-40. Even if I wasn't on a budget with my fragrances, I wouldn't pay such. It is a good smelling fragrance, that seems pretty high quality, but it just doesn't do enough for me to wanna pay that much. I would buy this for sure though if it were under 20 bucks. It's different than most of the stuff I own, and just brings a smile to my face.
07th August, 2010

Add your review of Purple Water

Shop for Purple Water products online

Search Amazon for Purple Water

Member images of Purple Water

There are no member images of Purple Water yet. Why not be the first?