Bois d'Argent (2004)

PerfumerFrançois Demachy
PackagingHedi Slimane
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Bois d'Argent

Originally part of a collection of three scents in the Dior Homme Cologne range [Eau Noire, Cologne Blanche and Bois D'Argent], designed by Hedi Slimane.

Bois d'Argent fragrance notes

Reviews of Bois d'Argent

Bd'A is an iris and wood scent that I found intriguing for about ten minutes, then it began to fade rapidly to where it was completely gone within thirty minutes. I even tried it on clothes and it disappeared there as well. I reapplied the sample again and same result. I'd say more if I could, but it didn't last long enough. Seemed nice, but then???

Grossly unacceptable at Privee prices. A deserved Thumbs Down!
01st December, 2017
Sharp, powdery, gives me a direct headache. I am grateful to have gotten this sample for free, but it indeed gave me a sharp headache at the first whiff 2.
Like the other reviewers have stated, I am big getting any honey or iris, more powder.
It's hit and miss with Dior, and the best to me in the line is Fahrenheit and Dior Homme (and its versions). Otherwise, I typically stay away.
29th July, 2017
Got to give a thumbs up for the scent but the performance since the reform really disappoints. A wonderful milky honey powdery scent quite feminine but not to the extent it's unwearable for men. I love Iris in scents and this is a masterpiece. 7/10 with performance in mind
26th July, 2017
My most worn fragrance for a reason. I find the overall personality of Bois d'Argent more interesting than the individual notes. It really gives off a sophisticated vibe, subtle, warm, airy. Somehow the scent really makes itself known, without pushing itself forward as a "cologne"; almost like the scent of someone's skin, except no ones skin smells this good. Usually I hate to characterize a fragrance as "smelling expensive", but I have to make an exception for this fragrance.

I get compliments consistently. Goes well for work, formal, night out - you name it. If I could only keep three fragrances in my collection and get rid of the rest, this would easily be among those three.

P.S. For some unknown reason, I hated the fragrance the first two or three times I wore it, then took a break, came back, and the rest is history. Wish I would have bought the 8.4oz.
02nd June, 2017
Very subtle fragrance. Understated in a word. Warm sweet, not really honey, more like a bag of pipe tobacco sweet. Not a summer fragrance, ok for winter. Limited sillage/projection, reminds me of a Penhaligons, or a VERY watered down Montale Red Aoud.
13th May, 2017
This smells like nasal snuff powder made of powdered tobacco & eucalyptus. I don't get any honey, iris, patch.
People around me agreed that it smells like snuff powder.
Sometimes way down in the dry down i get chlorinated swimming pool water.

Longevity: 8 hours
Projection: 4/10

24th April, 2017

Add your review of Bois d'Argent

Shop for Bois d'Argent products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Bois d'Argent

There are no member images of Bois d'Argent yet. Why not be the first?