Bois d'Argent Cologne (2004)
    by Christian Dior

Average Rating: 4

Based on 185 ratings

Bois d'Argent Cologne Fragrance notes

Honey, Patchouli, Iris

Bois d'Argent Cologne information

Part of a collection of three scents [Eau Noire, Cologne Blanche and Bois D'Argent], designed by Hedi Slimane which are exclusive to Dior Homme outlets.

Reviews of Bois d'Argent Cologne

Showing 1 to 6 of 53 reviews.

sjg3839's avatar

Powdery Iris and patchouli with a honey note that is pretty good. The powderness (not a word) gives it a feminine vibe, but can be pulled off by any confident dude. Seems like something you could spray on your sheets. Light wood and incense give this a nice twist. 8/10

11th March, 2015

sidewinder's avatar

Like a Monday morning church. Sacred, divine, holy. Brisk honey open dries down to a heavenly, church pew, antique woods note. Praise God for Bois d'Argent. 5 out of 5

10th August, 2014 (Last Edited: 18th August, 2014)

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

Nothing I'm ever going to love. Bois d'Argent is a very sweet fragrance with an assertive, rooty iris note, but oddly little goes on beneath the honeyed iris surface. Remarkably for something so thin, Bois d'Argent also has an ingredient that makes me cough and choke.

At least it doesn't fall back on the same generic and synthetic fruity heart that ruins Dior Homme for me. Still, I can't help but find this scent simplistic and anemic - especially for something marketed as unique and exclusive.

10th June, 2014

SkinnyJim's avatar

Should of called it "sexwax" Cologne

Pick up a bar of sexwax surfwax and you'll Know exactly what I'm getting. I finally got a sniff on this stuff thanks to walkdogg and I've gotta say that the similarities between this and a fresh bar of sexwax is quite unexpected. It's got a quite "fluffy" barrel of sugar smell to it. Kinda similar to a root-beer candy lozenge. So far so good. I don't quite get a woody scent, but the way this stuff floats around you without being overpowering is amazing. It's as if lil fairy's are flying around sprinkling the perfect ratio of juice to air. I'd say it's very smooth to smell if that makes sense. No sharp points, just fluffy cotton candy. All in all, this is quite simply my favorite scent I've laid my nose on.

Pros:
    Cons: Maybe price? "

19th October, 2013

Taskphorce01's avatar

Bois D'Argent EDP

Mysterious, dry, very cold, crisp, and powdery. I'm getting a heavy iris top note that is absolutely stunning, one of the best I've ever smelled. Almost vegetable like however I couldnt pinpoint the produce Im detecting (celery?) Im also sensing that vanilla was incorporated into this fragrance. There is no such thing as over applying with this juice as it remains close to the skin. In terms of being masculine or feminine, I would confidently say that this lies directly in the middle being a perfect example as a unisex fragrance. Original and ridiculously addicting. In fact, I have probably smelled my wrist 20 times in the past 10 minutes. BDA received the stamp of approval with a huge grin from my wife who tends to be overly critical with my fragrances. I won't ever let go of this juice. I would probably stick with the EDP version due to its light to moderate projection.

Pros: Iris at it's best
    Cons: Light projection"

14th July, 2013

therm's avatar

Belgium Belgium

Smelled this yesterday at El Corte Ingles in Madrid. Nice smell. Reminds me of Armani White He (unfortunately discontinued) with a hint of tobacco. Also thought this was a unisex scent. Nice but disgustingly overpriced, starting at 150 euro a bottle. Smells too much designer for that and not special enough. Therefore a neutral.

01st April, 2013

Add your review of Bois d'Argent Cologne

Member images of Bois d'Argent Cologne

There are no member images of Bois d'Argent Cologne yet. Why not be the first?