Ananas Fizz (2004)

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Ananas Fizz Fragrance notes

Victoria pineapple, Citrus fruit, Lychee, Frangipani tree, Vanilla

Ananas Fizz information

A pineapple based scent, ideal for summer evenings.

Reviews of Ananas Fizz

Showing 1 to 6 of 24 reviews.

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

Yup, pinapple it is, not too sweet, a nice ananas, with a touch of lemon for added freshness. Fruity indeed, but the lychee is quite weak and ephemeral on my skin. In the base a touch of tonka is added. Overall a nice scent for cooler summer days, but nothing overly special. Very good silage and projection though with an excellent longevity of seven hours on my skin. Borderline case, but the longevity and nice top notes just lift it into to thumbs-up category.

10th January, 2014

hester's avatar
    hester
    South Africa South Africa

I am a little in love with this. Sprayed myself wet, as they say, in-store and was in nose bliss the rest of the day. Sure it's artificial, but NOT imo in an energy drink way (yuckk!!!!!). No, this is like wearing fruit candy, the chewy kind, and in a citrus-pineapple flavour. In the same family of scents as Kenzo's travel exclusive with Bali in the name, but more zesty, less musky.

24 August, 2010

Aznavour's avatar
    Aznavour

I feel like they tried to cut down the sweetness of the pineapple note by overloading the thing with synthetic woods. Result: a fruit note that loses its juicy quality and thus appeal, and then a flat woody base that carries a sour pineapple tinge.

Interesting, but not entirely pleasant.

23 August, 2010

debauchery's avatar
    debauchery

This perfume was my FIRST foray out of the commercial (Chanel, Dior, etc) perfume world and into the more niche perfumes.

All along, I was under the impression that perfumes were either woody and dowdy (as most commercial labels' older perfumes had presented themselves) or sweet and sparkling (as most of the newer commercial perfumes had presented themselves). Ananas Fizz, as a fruit perfume, really surprised me in that it was not cloying or 'typical' of the new-age mans perfume. I was completely smitten. It was fresh and had a distinct pineapple note WITHOUT smelling artificial or 'plastic' like so many fruity fragrances do. It also smells nice and boozy which I love.

Anyway, i bought a 100ml bottle and have since finished using it, and I loved it every time i wore it. Not exactly something to wear to a dinner, but still a relatively easy scent to wear. My only beef with this perfume is that the sillage is like the memory span of a goldfish and i HATE having to reapply because it looks silly spraying on perfume in public.

27 June, 2010

Doctor Mod's avatar
    Doctor Mod

I got two sample vials of Ananas Fizz, and testing it has surely been one of the oddest experiences I've had with a new fragrance. I've got to admit that it was fun putting it on. In the privacy of my own home, I poured the entire vial over my forearms, shoulders, throat, and breasts. This excess was the result of my often being unable to smell many L'Artisan frags after 90 seconds from application. The fruit-loopy top notes (which aren't really pineapple and don't fool this Honolulu native) are anything but natural, but there's a weird cheap thrills quality about it. No, it's not in the least like pouring pineapple juice all over yourself. (Aloha!) It lacks the biting but extremely sweet edginess of the real thing. It doesn't smell like any real grapefruit either. Only the French, who brought the concept of the simulacrum into postmodern discourse, could create this apotheosis of complete artificiality.

After three minutes or so--was I hallucinating?--the scent seemed to explode (yes!) with a loud blast of something I had no words to describe, even though it caused me to choke violently. Although there was something vaguely recognizable about it, I was hard pressed to analyze what it smelled like until I was teaching the next day. One of my students had a little can of one of those ghastly "energy drinks" of which undergraduates consume massive quantities in spite of the fact that they taste like nothing nature ever created. Yes! That was it! It smelled like Red Bull or whatever it is tastes! Ach! Fortunately, this moment passed quickly and the fragrance died down into an interesting powdery fruity scent, peculiar but hardly unpleasant. In a little over a hour it disappeared altogether.

I would say that it felt, all in all, like an ephemeral cheap thrill--only L'Artisan fragrances are never cheap. I can imagine that my undergraduates might like it, and I'd certainly prefer smelling Ananas Fizz than Paris Hilton Ineducable or some such in the classroom any day. I suspect, though, that something as French, eccentric, upscale, and thoroughly postmodern as AF would appeal more to the intellectually curious than to the average sorority girl. Even so, better on them than on their fifty-something professor. I might just put the second sample vial in my briefcase and let them have some fun with it before the class begins. After the midterms, I need some amusement. In the meantime, I'll look to Dole for pineapple.

31st May, 2010

fuzzybutt59's avatar
    fuzzybutt59

yuk! i was hoping this would be similar to jean patou vacances or montana oh lala,both predominant pineapple frags. this dissapoints in every way.very synthetic and cheap smelling.reminds me of zoflora disinfectant.

13 March, 2009