M7 Fresh (2004)
    by Yves Saint Laurent

Reviews of M7 Fresh

Showing 1 to 6 of 56 reviews.

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

Citrus oud

The orange-grapefruit citrus blast with a bergamot background is refreshing and very nice. In the drydown the original's character breaks through in a muted version, with attenuated oud and ginger notes. The base is a light musk that throughout the last hours takes on a soapy character. Adequate silage and projection. The base notes are so very gradually fading out on my skin that I have difficulties determining the exact longevity, but after a bit more than eight hours it's pretty much gone. A flanker for warmer spring days, but very versatile overall.

Pros: Longevity
    Cons:

09 September, 2013

Tony T's avatar
    Tony T

Green Machine

I have had my bottle for 2 weeks and have decided to sell it. Very basic/linear scent.. light citruses mixed with some veviter. very little oud. not worth the money. I am very dissatisfied with this..

Pros: Green Lovers
    Cons: Medical/herbal"

25 August, 2013

Francolino's avatar
    Francolino

M7 oud absolu but lighter maybe fresher

13 November, 2012 (Last Edited: 18 April, 2013)

Oproust's avatar
    Oproust

M7 Fresh is a woody oriental that is signicantlly different than M7. M7 Fresh opens with a refreshing blast of citrus notes, with grapefruit and Mandarin Orange being most noticeable to my nose. I don't get the "Fruit Loops" accord that others do. Fruit yes, Fruit Loops no. This is a fresh opening, not at all medicinal. I've forgotten how much I enjoy this fragrance. M7 Fresh is a more versatile fragrance than M7. I adore M7 but I won't wear it to work, for example. M7 Fresh can be worn during the day, night and in different seasons, though warm weather is best. Oud can be found in M7 Fresh but vetiver definitely makes its presence known. Longevity is adequate on my skin, approximately 6 hours. M7 Fesh is not a projection monster, but it will get you noticed when you want to get noticed.

11th October, 2012

noirdrakkar's avatar
    noirdrakkar

I'm going against the grain here, but, even though I really liked M7, I didn't find M7 Fresh impressive at all. It's not a bad fragrance, however it is an average one at best.

The cherry syrup opening of the original, is heavily toned down (good news for people who didn't like it). This one is dominated by grapefruit and ginger. The drydown has some of the elements of the M7 drydown. The projection is very weak, which is a shame, because the oud is so subtle in this one.

This one is like a summer version of M7, good for very hot weather. It is versatile and good for all ages, though the scent itself is not impressive. This one does not really stand out. It isn't that much better than the hundreds of ho-hum designer fragrances at the mall.

If you didn't like M7, you may like this one. If you like M7, you may or may not like this one. The only way to find out is to try it. I'm not urging anyone to sample this, but if you are interested, try it out.

Rating: 6/10

11th July, 2012

Hartman Design's avatar
    Hartman Design

My favorite offering from YSL, and aptly named as it is, indeed, a fresher-smelling flanker when compared to it's progenitor. To clarify, it bears a strong resemblance to the original (though I only possess M7 in the after shave to make my comparison), yet seems devoid of whatever element the original scent contains that affords it the "hint of Kouros." Instead, the slightly dirty note has been swapped with a fresh and very modern citrus.

I probably get more compliments on this fragrance than any other I wear. I heard that it was a sales disappointment for YSL, which is hard to fathom.

19 May, 2012