Daim Blond Fragrance Notes

Shop for Daim Blond products online

$138.84*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 83.00)

Reviews of Daim Blond

Showing 1 to 6 of 69 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar
    Colin Maillard

Perfumes do have a really powerful and strong "madeleine" function. I smelled this 7 or 8 years ago for the first time, loved it, wrote the name down to buy it one day. Never bought it and never smelled it again for years. Now I received a sample today, sprayed it on my wrist, and I felt instantly thrown in the perfume shop I used to visit to try scents back then. I even recall the shape, the feeling, the logo of the mouillette I took home with me. And, I still love it by the way: fruity, soft, musky, powdery and flowery leather at its best. Short projection and light sillage (as most of Lutens scents on my skin).

13 February, 2014 (Last Edited: 05 April, 2014)

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

Very light leather floral.

The hawthorn, apricot and iris make a nice opening, whilst the base develops a very light musk. The leather is very light and bright on my skin, sort of a leather for people who don't like a stronger version. Pleasant, not unoriginal, two hours longevity.

02 July, 2013

voodoodanny's avatar
    voodoodanny

Lutens + Sheldrake... a pairing that I would have assumed could do no wrong, and I suppose there's nothing 'wrong' with this scent: indeed, I can tell it's well crafted using highest quality ingredients. It boasts complexity and elegance and really showcases the suede note fantastically. So well, in fact, that it was this fragrance that finally caused me to realise that I don't like leather notes as much as I thought I did.

As great as I somehow know this fragrance is, it's just not for me. Sidethumb.

26 February, 2013

jtd's avatar
    jtd

Daim blond

I love leather perfumes, but apparently don't understand the leather note. The 'leather' note in perfumery doesn't have any relationship to leather for me. Not in Bandit. Not in Rien. Not in Knize Ten. I understand the components, the aromachemicals used in leather perfumes. I even understand the taxonomy and historical role of leather scents in perfumery. It's just that 'leather'doesn't smell like leather to me. Do you think 'leather'at the start of the 20th century was just the 'aquatic' of the end of the century? Was it just marketing to the aromachemicals that that were coming into play at the time?

Given this blind spot in my nose, the perfume that differentiates suede from leather should leave me confused. But I love Daim Blond. It is distinguished and identifiable, but swings through my mind triggering all sorts of associations. A less jammy Robert Piguet Visa (contemporary version.) Sharp and cold like Chanel 19. Powdery-fine like PG Cuir d'Iris. It also fits perfectly into the Lutens line. What Bois de Violette does to its predecessor Feminite du Bois, Daim Blond does to Arabie. Less dense, more crystalline, higher-pitched.

So I forget leather and remember the chilled, sweet cardamom dessert broth my boyfriend and I used to love at a favorite restaurant 20 years ago. Daim Blond's cold, precise spiciness keeps the fruitiness on a short leash. It balances sharpness and powdery sweetness through drydown.

25 January, 2013

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

A soft leather (i would better talk about suede) comes out in a second stage of the journey as the beginning is an impressive punch of cardamom and apricot with floral and almondy nuances. A touch of smoke darkens faintly the juice. Averagely sophisticated and effectively well executed. The fruitiness is pungent, i mean not just in a peppery way but with an intense (sweet/satly) level of intensity. The starring apricot is effectively well complemented by the smoothly floral feel proper of iris while the dry down is more musky than properly leathery and with minimal hints of balsams. Any resemblance with the far more leathery Cuir Ottoman (where the note of iris is more noticeable for sure and the smokiness is far more brooding) in my humble opinion while the Daim Blond's smell (with its combination of floral notes, spices, faint leather and apricot) comes ideally accross Osmanthus Interdite Parfum d'Empire, the spicier Arabie and the lighter Hermessence Osmanthe Yunnan. My complaints are as i detect probably too much syrupy fruitiness (which i don't use to crave for) and as the final wake retains for long its run in a too much linear way.

18 January, 2013

girlwhorocks's avatar
    girlwhorocks

My favorite Lutens so far ( ive sampled about a dozen). Very unique, classy, feminine scent. No more than one spray (it is very strong), I like to dab it on. Beautiful springtime scent

02 June, 2012