Daim Blond (2004)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Daim Blond

Daim Blond is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Daim Blond fragrance notes

Reviews of Daim Blond

Lutens is responsible for the best iris suede on the market, his Iris Silver Mist. Daim Blond (Golden Suede) is a much quieter take on this suede note. More center stage is the dried apricot/peach vibe with the suede quietly in the back ground.

It is one of the lightest of the Lutens scents (at this point I have reviewed exactly half of the 62 listed on Basenotes), almost undetectable on my skin despite many applications. I find it to be too subtle for my enjoyment. Had the oils been denser, I might have enjoyed this more.

As it is, it is a pleasant light peach/apricot suede, neither bad nor outstanding.
12th May, 2016
This delicate little number is kind of a strange one, from a house that has produced so many enchanted woods and flying carpets. But magic comes in many forms. Here we have an ethereal blend featuring iris and (I think) osmanthus, given weight in its concentration--the formula Lutens produced for this has more oil than a typical EdP, which adds an extra sense of luxury to the blend. It feels great on your skin, somehow as rich and soft as the scent it produces.

The pencil shavings and dust other reviewers mention are lost on me, as is the musk--guess I'm anosmic to this one. I get sweet iris here, and apricot, especially on my pulse points. This one wears very close to the skin, so it's a private pleasure at best, something I indulge in when I need a reminder that I really only wear perfume for myself.

Edit: As I wear this, I detect the musk mostly my sense of this perfume's texture. It seems to stay moist long after it dries. The iris also seems sweeter than it usually would--possibly amplified by musk.

17th April, 2016 (last edited: 10th May, 2016)
Daim Blond is a simple pleasure done right. It is a dry, dusty suede lightly decorated with the scent of apricots – not the juicy, sweet flesh of ripe apricots but the desiccated husk of skin when shriveled up to almost nothing. Iris provides the bitter, gray powder, and osmanthus the delicate tannin of apricots and black tea.

It is not in the least bit animalic but there is a lightly musky undertone that conjures up a ghostly image of female skin. When I wear Daim Blond, I imagine Newland Archer peeling back the fine-grained Italian leather glove from Countess Olenska’s wrist and pressing his mouth to her quivering flesh. She’s on the cusp of allowing herself to be ruined. It’s a moment of sensuality written on a such a tiny scale so as not to register to anyone but them, but somehow the restrained, pulled-in nature of the moment and its capacity to unleash the hounds of hell is far sexier than anything more explicit.

Daim Blond smells like a woman's wrist and the tipping point of desire.
17th January, 2016
This is a soft leather, accented by apricot and musk, with light florals (iris) in the background. Absolutely cozy! Extremely well constructed. The opening blast is memorable, but sadly, for me, this dries down quickly and remains a skin scent from beginning to end. Thumb neutral on this one from SL.
02nd December, 2015
This is one of the most simplistic but at the same time high quality and extremely well balanced creations of master Christopher Sheldrake.
The opening of this fragrance is a semi fresh and semi sweet very natural apricot smell plus very bright and light floral notes in the background. the iris note here isn't powdery that much. it's just a pleasant and relaxing floral note to add more natural feeling to the scent. the opening may look feminine but just wait for a couple of minutes and let it settle down on your skin.

After about 10 minutes Suede kicks in and gives the scent a soft leathery and personally I would say a mellow dirty kind of aura to the fruity and floral base of the scent.
The mid is a semi sweet musky, fruity and a little floral scent followed by slightly dirty and kind of smoky Suede and very soft spices completely in the background. the mid is perfectly unisex but a little more toward feminine side.
Projection is soft and always close to the skin and longevity is around 3 hours on my skin.
Not as complex and exciting as other creations by this house but definitely something high quality, safe, pleasant, charming and very easy to wear.
04th March, 2015
Daim Blond is a lovely, lightly leathered apricot scent. While I can't tell you what "suede" smells like compared to leather, I can say that the leather note here is timid and mostly present in the top & heart notes. Once the drydown arrives, it gets a bit too sweet and uninteresting.

The only reason to get this over Boxeuse is availability/price. I still like DB, but it's definitely a 3/5 while Boxeuse would be a 4/5.
20th February, 2015

Add your review of Daim Blond

Shop for Daim Blond products online

Shop for Daim Blond at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Daim Blond

Member images of Daim Blond

There are no member images of Daim Blond yet. Why not be the first?