Reviews of Un Lys

Showing 1 to 6 of 20 reviews.

flathorn's avatar
    flathorn

It's the lily in this fragrance that's doing me in. Since the fragrance is mostly lily, I find very little to love, even while acknowledging a certain purity of lily-vision.
    I just don't like the synthetic quality of the lily note in fragrances. It never smells like true lily. I am always on to the game of the synthesis when it comes to this note. Its effect most reminds me of the movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". They look real, and sound real, but there is something eerily off about them you can't put your finger on, but you just know - they aren't human. Lily is the fragrance note they would wear, thinking they are fooling everyone... but this human would just know. It is a bit soul-sucking, and I can't seem to delude myself into the fantasy of a flower, or tell myself to just go with it. I don't ever go where it wants to take me. I can handle synthetic in many notes, but it always feels especially cloned in Lily.

21st January, 2014 (Last Edited: 07 February, 2014)

VintagePoison's avatar
    VintagePoison

Great lily fragrance. Smells like freshly cut lillies but it only lasts 4 hours max on me :(

16 February, 2013

Jody's avatar
    Jody

If someone would have told me even just a year ago that i would be wearing a lily fragrance, i would have laughed in their face. Now as I lap up the rest of my CROW....this fragrance is completely amazing. It, at least with my chemistry, is more of a cream-of-lily soup. It's definitely an after the rain scent of lilies bathed in dew and possibly fog, but full on nonetheless. it's incredible. Before this, my only lily encounters were the occasional Easter lily ( which to my nose is a bit too strong ), and the lily of the valley DISASTER that is Jessica McClintock. I have put this on twice now before going to bed and I drift to sleep so happy. Also, when I wake up there is a faint lingering that still smells absolutely amazing. I think I want a bottle.

07 August, 2011 (Last Edited: 14 August, 2011)

teardrop's avatar
    teardrop
    England England

As others have mentioned, this really needs to be worn in summer to truly appreciate how it blooms in heat & humidity. lt's a warm, creamy, slightly spicy, true lily with hints of musk & vanilla. No lily of the valley or lilac here. lt's classy, elegant & would work for any occasion. l tried layering it with a white ginger soliflore & it became super sexy & hypnotic! For a Lutens fragrance it has better than average sillage on my skin, although l would still like more longevity. So far though, the only Lutens l would consider bottle-worthy.

02 February, 2011

Caltha's avatar
    Caltha
    Sweden Sweden

I tend to either love or hate lily fragrances. Many of them have composty or plasticky notes I can't stand, while I love Lily & Spice and Lys Mediterranee. Un Lys is actually so-so. It's identifiably lily, but it doesn't feel real. The white floral note is too creamy, powdery, soft, it doesn't have the unmistakeably waxy quality of real lily and none of the almost decaying, intoxicating richness. It might just be that I haven't smelt the particular species of lily it's supposed to emulate, but it doesn't feel like any real flower to me, it smells like a synthetic "white floral accord" too heavy on the creaminess. Perhaps it's the supporting vanilla note? It's not a cold fragrance but it's quite cool and watery despite the powdery/creamy feeling, with a scary hint of melony/aquatic notes in the top that's enough in itself to put me off it.

05 May, 2010

JessicaGrace's avatar
    JessicaGrace

I am learning that I don't care for lily in anything more than a supporting role. The first few stages of this perfume were OK, with the lilly supported and diffused in vanilla and soft musk. But pretty soon the other notes seemed to fall away and it was lilly, lilly, lilly. To my nose, lillies are shrill and overpowering. For someone who appreciates lillies, this perfume would probably be lovely.

08 October, 2009