Tubéreuse Criminelle Fragrance notes

Wintergreen, Mint, Tuberose, Jasmine, Orange blossom, Nutmeg, Musk, Vanilla

Shop for Tubéreuse Criminelle products online

Reviews of Tubéreuse Criminelle

Showing 1 to 6 of 39 reviews.

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

Tuberose - lots of those

The opening is a bit sharp, nigh tyre-rubbery with orange blossom, but soon the almighty, dark and foggy tuberose takes over, only a little bit brightened up by glimpses of a nice hyacinth shining through. Clove and nutmeg give it death and spice, and styrax and a dark musk a certain smokiness. Great silage and projection, with a criminally good longevity of over eight hours. One of Mr Sheldrake's most convincing offences.

01st August, 2013

ScentedLife's avatar
    ScentedLife

A blast of contradiction to my nose and my thoughts

Well when I first came to Tuberose Criminelle I was just shocked by the contrasts of its opening, the camphor and nutmeg and someking of "frosted" orange blossom is just superb and this disorienting and a-la-coturier touch basically is a carrier to the super comfortable heart of tubereuse and jasmine which is what I would call cute and nice and cocooning. What I love the most about Tubereuse criminelle is that you really can't relate this to all those others tubereuse out there, especially to Fracas, this is a totally different take that manage to almost risks to betray its name because it makes you forget for a while about the tubereuse and the fragrance, and just takes you deep into the concept behind it. This is like a Zaha Adid architecture, is not about the building, is about the concept. Great intellectual effort Serge and Sheldrake.

Pros: Great "cultural" effort behind this project, a super modern take on tubereuse even after almost 15 years from its launch
    Cons: Somehow even if it's a pretty noticeable fragrance,Low longevity: it lasts from three to four hours which is not what you expect from your tuberose

24 June, 2013

parasitegirl's avatar
    parasitegirl

I love the opening blast of wintergreen which then settles into a fab tuberose. I'm not a fan of rose perfumes and although knowing tuberose was different, had avoided it up till now! I'm in love! Interesting so is my 5 year old daughter who declares it's her favourite!
    Good perfume - and good staying power

10th March, 2013

mnaonbn's avatar
    mnaonbn

Ten minutes of powerful orange blossom plus mentholic nutmeg, followed by soft tuberose plus a bit of jasmine and even less hyacinth, with the orange blossom still persisting. Given all of the reading that I did about this perfume before sampling it, I am surprised that I do not have more to say about it, but I really do not have more to say about it. It is a GOOD perfume, not special, not magical, not profound...just good. It certainly does not intrigue me like Carnal Flower or even Fracas does.

30th December, 2012 (Last Edited: 12 January, 2013)

farang's avatar
    farang
    Thailand Thailand

The Tubereuse Criminelle starts off with a blast of winter green and then turns rather sweet before it winds down to the core scent which is similar to Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens. I love FdO so this is good news for me, though I would have hoped that TC would be more unique. It has good projection and lasts long.

I prefer wearing the freshness of FdO when moving around in the city and then save the sweetness of TC for evenings at home where I sit in my tropical garden sipping coffee, surrounded by treejasmine, frangipani and champaca trees.

13 December, 2012 (Last Edited: 29 December, 2012)

teardrop's avatar
    teardrop
    England England

l get the "petrochemical" opening described by so many others here, but to my nose it's not quite gasoline, or rubber, or disinfectant, or menthol, but strongly wintergreen. lt's also not as overpowering as l was expecting. This subsides over the first thirty minutes, & it settles into a pretty white floral with just a hint of a dark undercurrent. ln the heart l get lily, jasmine & orange blossom, but no tuberose at all! There's something cold about this fragrance; not the "florist's fridge" coolness of Carnal Flower, but something else... lt also lacks the brash seductiveness that l love about Fracas. l expected a Big White Floral on steroids, but this is a rather quiet fragrance, & like other Lutens l've tried, severely lacking in projection. Three hours in it fades to a sweetish, slightly leafy vanilla skin scent, & six hours after application it's barely detectable.
    l'm happy l got to try this, but for me it doesn't come close to my favourite tuberoses that l've already mentioned here. My search for "my" tuberose is already complete.

21st November, 2012