Cèdre (2005)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Cèdre

Cèdre is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Cèdre fragrance notes

Reviews of Cèdre

A little too much of everything.

I just tried this for the first time, and I'm not as excited about it as I was when I read its description on the SL website. It was so promising, and while I do not hate it, I also do not love it either.

I'm not getting "hamster cage" as one member put it, but it's really powerful - and I'm not afraid of powerful, but I suppose it depends on the scent - and this is REALLY powerful, at least on me!

I smell rose, maybe some spices, but I'm so over-powered with the blow-back from the sweetish-fruity-smackdown and cedar, I can't think straight! I can taste it in the back of my throat. Still, not as over-whelming as Arabie!

I think on the right person, with the right body chemistry, this probably works quite well.
04th May, 2015
A rose-like, warm musks and amber, bergamot at first. Cloying sweet dried fruits..low sillage, good duration...more on the feminine side...ended in my GF wardrobe
30th April, 2015
I love Serge Lutens fragrances, but this smells like a hamster cage. The overpowering cedar and sweetness is unwearable to me.
06th April, 2015
Genre: Woody Oriental

Serge, Chris, enough with the desserts! Several Sheldrake-Lutens scents, including Rousse, Arabie, and Chergui, are smelling like slightly varied takes on baklava to me. Now I’ll have to add Cèdre to the list as well. Yes, Chergui adds hay, Rousse adds cinnamon, and Cèdre adds tuberose(?!), but once they begin to dry down on me they grow too similar to warrant owning more than one.

Yes, there’s tuberose in Cèdre, but it’s crushed under the freight train full of syrupy amber and dried fruit. Yes, I can smell the resinous cedar in the mix, but it’s very much a backseat passenger, too. All in all, a disappointment.
11th June, 2014
Another beautiful creation from master "Christopher Sheldrake" which perfectly blended for both genders.
The opening is a warm and sweet amber scent with touch of tuberose and some spices.
The amber note here smell very warm and sweet but in honey way! it's like the smell of a big beehive but I don't know how he did it but it's not cloying or too much sweet at all. it's warm, yummy and extremely sensual.
The tuberose give the scent a beautiful flowery scent but because of warm and strong honey like amber it can not overpower that much.
The spices are soft, but powerful enough to keep away the sweet floral scent from becoming completely feminine.
As time goes by and in the mid, the tuberose settles down and spices are stronger and much easier to detect and at the same time cedar kicks in.
The mid smell close to the opening but now it's less flowery, more spicy and there is a sharp woody note beside other notes to push the scent more toward the masculine side.
Projection is very good and longevity is around 8-10 hours.
Well done!
18th May, 2014
A rose-like, restrained, narcotic poudrée tuberose, cinnamon/eugenol notes, a load of warm musks and amber, a slight refreshing bergamot-like note at first. Syrupy, syrupy and syrupy. Sweet, cozy, soft aromatic woods base, with a subtle oak moss note you get more clearly after a while. Overall a dense, resinous, fruity and – yes – syrupy scent. Think of a fresher, simpler, laid-back version of Arabie. Once the syrup dries, you get a pleasant (barely pleasant) talcum-sweet drydown, fairly light but persistent. Nice, but a bit sticky. Not among my favourites.

P.S.: no cedar - at all.

6,5/10
19th April, 2014

Add your review of Cèdre

Shop for Cèdre products online

Shop for Cèdre at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Cèdre

Member images of Cèdre

There are no member images of Cèdre yet. Why not be the first?