Cèdre (2005)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Cèdre

Cèdre is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Cèdre fragrance notes

Reviews of Cèdre

This is Serge Lutens does Le Labo, as in the name is not at all indicative of the perfume. What I smell in cedre is syrupy amber, tuberose, spices and generic wood notes, in that order. It begins with a nice promising blast of tuberose that is rich, slightly spicy (clove and cinnamon), but is soon drowned out by a syrupy amber. This amber accord dominates and prevails into the late dry down, where barely discernible sweet woody notes emerge. Sillage and duration are more than adequate.

I'm always ready to look past names (what's in a name?), but Cedre leaves me cold. There are tons of better tuberose fragrances (including one from Serge Lutens...), better amber fragrances (again, including one from Serge Lutens...) and the amber accord here is monotonous. Sure, Cedre smells nice, but is also one of the most boring scents I have encountered, especially beyond the first thirty minutes. All in all, severely underwhelming.

2.5/5
18th October, 2017
La donna e l'armatura by Felice Casorati 1921
13th August, 2017
Totally hypnotic and transportive. Very underrated.
08th August, 2017 (last edited: 24th September, 2017)
A little too much of everything.

I just tried this for the first time, and I'm not as excited about it as I was when I read its description on the SL website. It was so promising, and while I do not hate it, I also do not love it either.

I'm not getting "hamster cage" as one member put it, but it's really powerful - and I'm not afraid of powerful, but I suppose it depends on the scent - and this is REALLY powerful, at least on me!

I smell rose, maybe some spices, but I'm so over-powered with the blow-back from the sweetish-fruity-smackdown and cedar, I can't think straight! I can taste it in the back of my throat. Still, not as over-whelming as Arabie!

I think on the right person, with the right body chemistry, this probably works quite well.
04th May, 2015
A rose-like, warm musks and amber, bergamot at first. Cloying sweet dried fruits..low sillage, good duration...more on the feminine side...ended in my GF wardrobe
30th April, 2015
I love Serge Lutens fragrances, but this smells like a hamster cage. The overpowering cedar and sweetness is unwearable to me.
06th April, 2015

Add your review of Cèdre

Shop for Cèdre products online

Shop for Cèdre at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Cèdre

Member images of Cèdre

There are no member images of Cèdre yet. Why not be the first?