Cèdre (2005)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Cèdre

Cèdre is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Cèdre fragrance notes

Reviews of Cèdre

La donna e l'armatura by Felice Casorati 1921
13th August, 2017
To me this fragrance is dominated by cedar, honeyed amber and icy tuberose that hangs off the composition but is by no means its star. It's blended in a way that is decidedly masculine yet sheer and ethereal. I think it's aptly named. If you told me there were candied dates in this I would probably believe you. There is also a smokey oceanic musk element I detect that makes this fragrance totally hypnotic and transportive.

A very underrated and beautiful jewel from Lutens.
08th August, 2017
A little too much of everything.

I just tried this for the first time, and I'm not as excited about it as I was when I read its description on the SL website. It was so promising, and while I do not hate it, I also do not love it either.

I'm not getting "hamster cage" as one member put it, but it's really powerful - and I'm not afraid of powerful, but I suppose it depends on the scent - and this is REALLY powerful, at least on me!

I smell rose, maybe some spices, but I'm so over-powered with the blow-back from the sweetish-fruity-smackdown and cedar, I can't think straight! I can taste it in the back of my throat. Still, not as over-whelming as Arabie!

I think on the right person, with the right body chemistry, this probably works quite well.
04th May, 2015
A rose-like, warm musks and amber, bergamot at first. Cloying sweet dried fruits..low sillage, good duration...more on the feminine side...ended in my GF wardrobe
30th April, 2015
I love Serge Lutens fragrances, but this smells like a hamster cage. The overpowering cedar and sweetness is unwearable to me.
06th April, 2015
Genre: Woody Oriental

Serge, Chris, enough with the desserts! Several Sheldrake-Lutens scents, including Rousse, Arabie, and Chergui, are smelling like slightly varied takes on baklava to me. Now I’ll have to add Cèdre to the list as well. Yes, Chergui adds hay, Rousse adds cinnamon, and Cèdre adds tuberose(?!), but once they begin to dry down on me they grow too similar to warrant owning more than one.

Yes, there’s tuberose in Cèdre, but it’s crushed under the freight train full of syrupy amber and dried fruit. Yes, I can smell the resinous cedar in the mix, but it’s very much a backseat passenger, too. All in all, a disappointment.
11th June, 2014

Add your review of Cèdre

Shop for Cèdre products online

Shop for Cèdre at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Cèdre

Member images of Cèdre

There are no member images of Cèdre yet. Why not be the first?