Rose D'été (1998)

Average Rating: 3

Based on 43 ratings

Rose D'été Fragrance Notes

Rose D'été information

Rose D'été is a women's fragrance by Les Parfums de Rosine. The scent was launched in 1998

Reviews of Rose D'été

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.

rogalal's avatar

A mix of that peach note that everyone loved back in the 90's with a subtle rose. Given a half an hour or so, the peach faded and was overtaken by a mix of perfumey white flowers and nose-tingling baby powder. These powdery flowers lasted for hours, eventually fading to a thin soapy honey smell.

I'm voting thumbs up because the powdery flowers keep this from smelling too common, and it never smells like just another niche cliche, though, in terms of my personal tastes, I don't like that peach note or perfumes that are powdery just for the sake of being powdery, so I don't think I'd ever wear this again. My favorite rose scents focus on the beautiful smell of roses without drowning them in perfumey nonsense or stupid candy fruit smells, and I'm afraid Ete breaks both of these rules, but it's not a bad perfume, just one I don't care for.

15 June, 2012

autumngleeman's avatar

I'm going to give a thumbs up for this one. I have been reviewing a lot of the rosine fragrances recently (on the advice that many of them might actually be wearable for men, which has turned out to be true) and this is without a doubt a female only scent. I like the ripe crab apple flesh and rose combination. I also like the effervescent nature of it, as if aldehydes were used in the composition (which it appears it doesn't have). It's fresh and it sparkles. I can certainly see how it could turn some people off (it emits strong sillage and you should probably have a love for white florals, which it really doesn't have but it smells somewhat similar to that type of thing) but I imagine I would find Rose D'ete very agreeable on a woman. My only concern is the projection strength, so my advice to would-be wearers would be to apply moderately.

07 March, 2012

sherapop's avatar

Les Parfums de Rosine ROSE D'ETE is a scrumptious BVLGARI POUR FEMME-like sweet rose-cum-mimosa composition to my nose. In fact, at several points during my wearing of this sample today I find myself thinking about the Bvlgari composition. Come to think of it, I really should do a side-by-side...

Okay I'm back. BVLGARI POUR FEMME is better, selon mon nez, than ROSE D'ETE. It's richer and resiny and, above all, it boasts violet! But I did enjoy wearing ROSE D'ETE, which is a smooth and friendly sweet rose perfume. I find the mimosa much more pronounced than the apple, but I do think that the sweetness of the apple together with the mimosa was what elicited memories of the violet-sweetened BVLGARI POUR FEMME. I'll continue my travels to through the world of Rosine. Looking forward to many more new and lovely rose encounters!

30th July, 2011

Twolf's avatar

Rose d'Ete starts as tutti fruity huge monster white florals, non-specific, but humongous nontheless, with absolutely no rose at all. Goes on screechy and rancid as a foot on the brake at a 100 miles per hour. Synthetic, headache inducing, non pleasant. The best part was no drydown -- it just stopped about 5 hours after application, without a trace. Thanks goodness!

22 September, 2010

Lisaandtheword's avatar

Fresh & light natural rose smell, smooth with a touch of fruit, but much lighter than I like, too sheer on me.

03 December, 2007

purplebird7's avatar

Rose d'Ete is a summery apple and rose scent, nice but not the kind of perfume that I wear. I prefer Un Zeste de Rose, which smells like rose with iced tea and lemon as my summer rose scent. This is too fruity for me.

20th October, 2007