Hermèssence Rose Ikebana (2004)
by Hermès

Hermèssence Rose Ikebana information

Year of Launch2004

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Hermèssence Rose Ikebana

Hermèssence Rose Ikebana is a shared / unisex perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena

Reviews of Hermèssence Rose Ikebana

Rose Ikebana is a pale, transparent and hyper-clean rose built around a smooth woody bone structure with the typical sour facet which has become one of the distinctive (yet not necessarily interesting) traces of modern Hermes.

What I would classify as a *politically correct* fragrance. Nice, inoffensive, civilized, decent and eventually unexciting.

03rd November, 2014
A pale lightly fruity rose scent with undercurrents of what smells like grapefruit to my nose. And I concur with Rickbr with reference to its thematic similarity to JC Ellena's past work in Kelly Caleche. Rose Ikebana however doesn't excite me. There were times when I enjoyed its serene nature but there were more times when I simply felt indifferent towards it. Compared to the vibrant elegance of Creed's Fleur de The Rose Bulgare, this feels positively sedate. A neutral rating for this scent is probably as Zen as it gets.
25th September, 2014
A sparkling rose wrapped in silk.

This fragrance has a truly beautiful smell to it. I really love Rose in all forms and this one is just exquisite!

Rose Ikebana is inspired by the texture of Silk, and the Japanese art of flower arrangement (Ikebana). As usual, Jean-Claude Ellena lends his unique style to this composition by accenting the Rose note with Grapefruit citrus and tangy Rhubarb, with a light Green Tea note in the background surrounded with bright citrus throughout.

In my opinion this is a Rose perfume for people who don't like Rose so much! Another thing I love about what Ellena has done here is that he has made it so light and refreshing that you don't get tired of smelling it. It is constantly fascinating and drawing you closer. A lot like his other creation "Iris Ukiyoé" (another one inspired by Japan). But whereas that one was the smell of Iris surrounded by bright citrus, this one is a sparkling Rose. Fresh and uplifting! Fantastic stuff.
12th July, 2014
Rose and rhubarb. Hermes has another scent with rose and rhubarb, Eau de Pamplemousse Rose. If I understand correctly, the rhubarb note either enhances the grapefruit in EdPR, or it acts as the grapefruit if amped up enough. In Rose Ikebana we see rose and rhubarb again, but the proportions are completely different. The rose is turned up much stronger, the rhubarb/grapefruit is turned down significantly. Some people see grapefruit here instead of rhubarb, and I think that is understandable. To me, the rose is nice, but I am not really sure the rhubarb integration does anything for me; it drags it down a notch in my mind.
27th January, 2012
To be worn when feigning innocence.
15th January, 2012 (last edited: 29th January, 2012)
Very pretty & well-crafted but somehow fails to grab my attention.

It can't just be that it has less longevity than you would expect for the price - after all, I fell passionately in love with Chanel's 28 La Pausa and that doesn't last much longer - so maybe it's just a bit too well-behaved: it has no surprises.

It's pretty, but not beautiful. If you want a rose my advice would be to go for something a bit more grown-up.
05th August, 2011

Add your review of Hermèssence Rose Ikebana

Shop for Hermèssence Rose Ikebana products online

Search Amazon for Hermèssence Rose Ikebana

Member images of Hermèssence Rose Ikebana

There are no member images of Hermèssence Rose Ikebana yet. Why not be the first?